Robe of the Frost Lord (WIP need balancing help)

The lack of Defense is what discourages active gameplay.

And I went with your concept, tweaking it. It’s still the same general concept deep down, but you don’t seem to see that. You can do all the rebalances you want, but if there isn’t some form of Defense, nobody will wear it.

The problem here is that you’d never actually wear this robe. You’d just swap it on whenever you have a chest.

That’s what I’m fixing, it won’t have as much of a damage boost as robes such as Toga or Water dragon, instead it’ll give some more of some other stats and less of others.

+20 HP, +100 MP, +4 ATT, +4 DEX, +9DEF, -3 WIS, -3 SPD

Would seem like a better option imo

He’s trying to go for “no Defense” on the robe.

Still strikes me as odd as to why someone would want to create a robe with 0 DEF.

to be unique

It’s not supposed to be a main robe, It’s supposed to be a swapout for situations in which def would be less desirable than other stats, such as the MP and wis that the robe will provide (I’ll put the new stats up later today probably, working on it rn, but I have classes.)

I know I haven’t talked about this yet, as the dungeon is still in progress, but the boss that drops this pretty much only shoots armor-piercing shots, and priests will be an extremely helpful class during the fight. I’m trying to follow the pattern I see with whitebag drops, they drop in locations that they would be useful in, such as Doom Bow droping from Septavious, a boss that makes it hard for non-piercing classes to hit by covering himself with mobs, and Puri, dropping from a status-effect heavy dungeon.

If that’s the case, wouldn’t there be more fitting drops in the Lost Halls, or Ocean Trench, or Tomb of the Ancients?

Breastplate + mbc seal could help you cross the marble tentacles if you get separated from the group.

Ritual robe is good on priests, as it increases their healing, priests can be very helpful in LH.

Void bow and Void quiver do a lot of damage, on a boss that’s mostly based upon how much damage you can deal.

Prot reduces the amount of damage dealt to you, helpful against the many shots that don’t armor pierce.

• Breastplate/Marble Seal: Breastplate gives a lot of Health and low Defense, from a Boss that has 50 Defense. Wouldn’t they give a shitton of Defense? Marble Seal gives 5 Defense and creates a Pillar that gives Damaging and Armored, something that the Pillars that none of his Pillars actually do, as they fire shots. Wouldn’t they fire shots?

• Ritual Robe: This is a drop for the Necromancer set, yet… you mention Priest? Why not bring something up for the Necromancer?

• Void Bow/Shadow Quiver: Void Bow has a lot of damage, sure, but that doesn’t mean it fits the dungeon well enough. Shadow Quiver also deals a lot of damage, despite the fact that the Void Entity deals every negative status effect in the game. It could’ve had literally anything else.

• Prot: The enemy it drops from, Bes, has a main attack that Armor Breaks.

See what I mean here?

I didn’t say that they made sense based off what the boss is/does, I said that some of them look like they follow a pattern based off of them being useful to use when fighting that boss, such as puri getting rid of status effects, while the manor puts you through status effect hell.

Funny, evidently you’ve never crossed one before

Yes a nice 10 def and a boost in WIS will be great for when you get popped by bats

…you can say this for any dungeon

If that’s the case why the hell are you adding offensive stats. If your really wanted people to even consider wearing it, you add HP, not MP. In rotmg, good offense never covers for bad defense in any situation

No, but I’ve seen a couple people pass over them.

I was referring to it being helpful during bosses, I should’ve made that a little more clear.

Priests will be helpful, MP is pretty useful when you want to be healing frequently.

Like I said in a previous post, I’m currently getting rid of it’s higher offensive stats, they’ll still be there, but lesser than other robes.

So this is literally a robe designed for all around use for one class.

The robe can be used for any class that could benefit from Wis or MP, the example I provided was for priest, the class that gains the most benefits from Wis and MP.

So… you basically proved him right by how you just described it.

Yes, priest would gain the most benefits, so I talked about priest, necro and sorc could also gain some pretty good benefits.

Necromancer and Sorcerer would not gain as much benefit from this Robe, as a lot of their damage does not come from more MP, it comes from more Wisdom. This would make Ritual Robe always the better choice.