RotMG Draw Tool is Broken

I’ve tried connecting to the website from different locations and on different computers… but the sprites aren’t there. And none of my saved ones show up. https://i.imgur.com/oInhA2d.png

They’ve stated elsewhere that the draw tool has been disabled indefinitely. It’s been like this for quite a while now.

Why did they disable it? It was a great addition…

Just to continue my aggressive cynical assholism toward you, why do you need the draw tool ? don’t answer this

it was just for fucking around on.
even if a good sprite was made there you’d still need to make it somewhere else to add it into the game and there are other alternatives so there isn’t any need for it but it would be cool if they made it viable so you could press save to save it to your pc then you could send it to whoever and have it be in the actual file needed to be implemented.

You could export spritesheets from the draw tool if you where clever enough. I’m generally sad it’s gone because I never backed up anything I made on it, so a lot of my work is gone forever. That and it was generally fun and handy tool even if it lacked some desperately needed features.

i don’t think you could? all you could really do was save it to the website itself and that was it unless maybe you had something external to export spritesheets?

I used to sprite a bit and enjoyed that as an easy way to start spriting and explore realm sprites to get inspiration and etc.
i don’t really know how domains work 100% but i think it might of been costing them something like 17$ a year so maybe they where running low on budget?

Ah, cheers. I’m going to miss that resource.

bit of a bump, but in the context i assume you’re using the draw tool for your game. just remember that any sprites you make or made that were saved to the draw tool belong to deca as detailed by the draw tool’s tos.

if you need an alternative, i recommend using any pixel art tool and then applying shadows and borders using pixlr.com.

It was under a subdomain, so it was likely not costing them anyhting other than the database to store the images on (which is probably the same they are using to host the website and doesn’t cost them any extra). They might have just not wanted to deal with any legal implications of people stealing sprites off the site and using them in their own projects and such. Private servers were doing this for a while, ripping images directly from the site via link and using them.

Private servers were one of the main places that the draw tool was used, so it’s extremely possible they removed it because of that reason alone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.