RotMG Exalt Supporter Beta is live!

X - Post from Reddit

Leaders just gave up on reddit x posts rn. more likes for me

Deca comment on the current specs (original https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/fknob8/why_in_gods_name_are_the_system_requirements_so/fktr7na/)

Can you run unity on windows 7?
RotMG Exalt Supporter Beta Delay
Make a Wish Winners
Realm Exalt - Supporter Beta March 18th! [also contains the FAQ!]

You ninja’d me by about 1 minute

:spider_web: :gun: :100:

I downloaded and ran it at work.

If anyone else was planning on doing this be aware it opens up in full screen

Seeing the image, i just couldn’t resist.

White%20!

I was enjoying it, until my power got cut.

Loving the coronavirus panic
:deadpan:

For anyone wondering, Here is where you can find feedback and bug reports submitted by supporters.

my core barely makes minimum ;-;

Whoa. Fog of War will take some getting used to. Super happy with the Unity version so far!

Also, great idea with the Journal thing.

You can zoom in and out with o and p

fog of war was giving me a headache after 5 mins

ya i dont like it either

True gamers play like this:

Graphic for this announcement, from the in-game news screen, similar to the big one but a bit different with the text:

Any screenshots by the way of how the menus and things look?

Also, saw they posted this update on Reddit and via in-game announcement (where it was called Realm Exalt Small Update 03/20):

ima get some right now :flushed:

Summary

New menu overlay when you press escape

Options Screen

Servers

Legends

User Interface

Shop (little arrows top right move through packages selection

Buying Items in the nexus

capture74

Purchasing Gold

Attributes (seen by hovering over the bars next to the pet icon, and clicking to expand)

Pet

MemePart2

Skin Selection

Guild Screen (the messages are on the left side)

Realm stuff

Characters and graveyard (can now be accessed by clicking on the top left

Classes

Renounce guild

Capture95

Social

Death Screen :flushed:

This is what I could find. I probably missed some xd

by the way, how do I make it click to expand so I don’t create giant image walls :frowning:

Don’t ask about the file names, its tops secret

Edit: Thanks for that :smiley:

Here’s the Journal thing; basically a thing for newer players that explains various parts of the game (this can be found by hitting the wrench button that just opens options on flash client). It also has more topics covered than just the tabs along the bottom:

Unfortunately, I can’t get more screenshots right now, because Unity is being buggy and I can’t open it.

For whatever reason I read “go forth” as go for lh

Quest marker in the Nexus for one of the Realm’s fiercest foes:

Trading:

Pressing enter opens up this thing and lets you see a whole bunch of text at once:

The shots here give an approximate idea of how large the uncovered area is (range of tshot is 7.59 tiles, for reference):

In centered view, shots from a wand with 9 tiles of range just reach the edge. As such, I am finding myself actually playing center-screen a bit, though still with screen rotation (this may change as I find what works best for my play style).

Interesting to see, thanks both!

Agree about off-centre, will be interesting to see how the game feels and to what extent off-centring changes away from being a necessary thing.

Sight range has throughout the game’s history affected weapon range, so I wonder how this will go in the future. I remember the WS devs weren’t shy about altering weapon range to benefit the game (eg. nerfing long-range weapons when some shots went further than a player could see, forcing closer-quarters battles) so a higher sight range could mean some interesting reworks here.

Q. are the on-cursor-click to activate abilities affected by the further sight range? Eg. trickster teleporting, assassin poisons, huntress trap throwing, wizard spellbombs. Or do you get prevented from using them at the full sight distance?

And funny to see the nexus with its playercount: /250 seemingly the cap.
I coincidentally noticed that there were 85 players in EUW nexus the other day and wondered what the limit was. Edit: and if it’s right to keep it so people can idle for 20 minutes? In the faster-paced game of today, might be better to kick after 5 minutes idle and free up server space.

Off centering still gives you further fov, like physically more tiles are loaded in front of you press the toggle center key.

Somewhat. You can use them at full range in the sense that anywhere tiles are fully loaded (idk the exact range but like 10-12 tiles?) you can teleport/spellbomb etc, but anywhere in the “fog of war” (i.e. black tiles, greyed out tiles) you can’t. Niegil discovered you could use trickster to send a decoy and not teleport if you used ability while cursor ok black tiles, not sure if that’s been fixed