Rotmg on mac >:(

Please provide the following information when asking for tech support. It helps a lot!

Sup guys,
I’m on a 2015 Macbook air running El Capitan (10.11.6), and I was having a bunch of intermittent freezing (in game and when I opened/closed flash projector), so I factory reset my computer. I redownloaded flash projector from this site
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
and now I still have the freezing (rainbow cursor) whenever I open/close the project, but now it can’t even load into the game and is stuck on a completely black screen.

Please help, thanks

I’m not exactly good with this stuff, especially with the vague information. Not your fault, though. Try playing on browser for a while? This place does have a lot of people with experience, so a solution will be found one way or another.
I’ll let you know if an idea pops up.

Edit: Maybe there’s some stuff you need to clear in your storage?

Best of luck in the Realm,
Gamma :v:

I’m on a Mac, and found the latest version of Flash Projector to not work with ROTMG. No idea why, or what changed, but I am on an earlier version, version 24, now,

Go here for the archives of earlier versions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

The archives contain all versions of the plugin and standalone player for all platforms, so Mac/Win, Debug/Release as well as related files.

Thanks dawg

Just try to get a better computer if possible, I used to play on a mac and i saved for a little and i now play on a gaming laptop that costed around 600$ and its a lot better than my mac was. The mac was the newest one at the time 2019 Macbook pro

Lol. I’m using a late 2012 Mac mini which cost about $600 back when I bought it. It’s perfect for playing a little flash game. Whole load of things it can’t run, but ROTMG is fine.

It has been upgraded somewhat down the years, which has helped. Going from 4GB to 16GB made a big difference, as did replacing the HD with a SSD. Also keeping macOS up to date has helped a little – upgrading the drive to APFS in particular boosted SSD performance.

On the downside a few OS versions ago I could use a browser, but changes to how Safari handles Flash forced me to switch to Flash projector. None of the other browsers work properly for ROTMG on Mac.

Found your problem

2015 MacBook should work fine. It may be that specific one that has an issue, but a 5-year laptop shouldn’t be causing the mentioned problems.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.