RotMG PvP

So to really see which players are the best of the best, I was thinking Deca should incorporate a Player vs Player mode in the game. Of course rules rules would have to be made. Like:

*Level 20 requirement
*4 Different types of matches: Random, Player Challenge, Co-Op(Player Cap Limit: For you guys to choose.), and Guild Battle.
*Random matches chosen depending on: ?/8, Class (Add Gear?)

• No UTs in random matches.
    *Old Tops only?
    *No Pets!
    *No Consumables? Such as Hp Heals, Mp Heals, Stat Boosters, Drake Eggs, Rock Candy, Speed Sprouts, etc.

Don’t feel like I touched base on everything. Thats why I have you guys! :smiley:

I mean it would be fun and would really test our skills. Its not like I am the only person wanting this.

(PvP or riot?) :3

This is on the list of ideas to avoid…

@moderators close.

PvP wouldn’t work with RotMG’s engine. It’s also one of the ideas that should be avoided. In fact, it’s the first one on the list.

EDIT: Ninja’d by @Edwardidk

Oh

So delete? :sweat:

Yeah, delete.

TBH, I think this would be a cool idea for a game, but as @Atrapper said, it simply wouldn’t work with RotMG’s engine…

Wait how? :3

I’ve spoken to and read posts by people who have a much greater understanding of RotMG’s code and engine than I do.
They’ve all said the same thing- this wouldn’t be possible.
While I don’t have a definite answer myself, I’d assume it has something to do with the poorly-written legacy code. I’ve stated it before, but an old Kabam employee once said that she’d made pasta that was more organized than RotMG’s code.

It is a very cool idea! It would be awesome to be able to have a huge guild vs guild battle with all the members fighting each other to see who’s the best guild. But sadly it would never come to fruition as Atrapper said since it’s one of the top of to be avoided.

It would be a hassle to implement, if you think about it the scaling of character damage and enemy damage is different.

1 sword hit=300 approx.

you would kill the average player in 3 hits, making a very boring battle. If you think about it there are rarely any enemies in game that do 300+ damage in a hit and die in 3 hits so it would be very fast battles and not very entertaining.

Anyways it would be cool but I don’t think it’s possible

Oh yah, didn’t think about that. :frowning:

Also, what happens when a wizard gets a perfect spellbomb? xD

If this were to ever be implemented, I’ve created a character choice.

Wizard- If you can hit a perfect spellbomb, you win. If you outspeed your opponent, EP the fuck out of them.
Priest- You win unless you’re against an assasin or huntress provided you out damage your opponent.
Archer- Probably the worst class for this. Your dbow shots nor quiver will ever hit.
Warrior- You’ll probably win every fight if you can hit them first.
Knight- If you are fast enough, you can get the first stun. If not, play the waiting game and wait for them to make the first move. Loses to all ranged classes.
Rogue- Will either be the best class or the worst class if we can/can’t see the invisibility.
Necromancer- You must not make the first move or you lose.
Palladin- If you can get the first hit, you win.
Assassin- Wins every time if you have plague. All you have to do is not get hit.
Huntress- Easier than archer. Will probably win except against ranged classes.
Mystic- Either the worst/best class. If you can’t stasis your opponent, you lose.
Trickster- Only for pros. If you can teleport close and hammer with an etherite, you might win.
Sorcerer- Will always lose. Nuff said.
Ninja- Will always win. Why? If you can perma speed, you can dodge everything. If you can get in close enough, you will win because of doku.

Best Idea ever, Not only can the game include such an idea, nobody has ever thought about it before.
And the balance is just great, I feel like you’re really making each class have a fair and equal chance on the battlefield! Overall, just a great and balanced idea in general.

######/s

…? Someone just had an overdose of magic mushrooms.

"overdose"
this comment’s misuse of the word overdose makes me want to scream at them.

Uhhh??? Please explain how I misused the word “overdose”. On a side note, I don’t think you can scream at a comment unless you’re really into that sort of thing.

overdose =/= having enough to have an effect
overdose = enough to have lethal effects

Over=Above
Dose=A quantity of a certain drug taken at a certain time
Overdose=A higher quantity of a drug taken at a certain time, does not have to be lethal.

Yeah we’re getting off topic the point is that you stated [quote=“Essca, post:14, topic:6352”]
the balance is just great
[/quote]

Which really made me question your English comprehension skills when reading @XSpinATKx’s comment above. Now, before you say you were being “sarcastic” or something, your other post about the pcave ut struck me as a very childish suggestion so please excuse me if I took your comment seriously. Anyways, this is getting off topic so @moderators close please.

As @Atrapper pointed out, PvP cannot be implemented in the current game engine, and is on the list of “commonly suggested ideas to avoid”.

</thread>