ROTMG Raiding is a very boring experience

The whole point of ROTMG is progressing. To keep working your way up to gather all of these items until you inevitably die with that character. :

You max yourself 6/8 with either decent to pretty good gear to only be halted by the process of raiding. I usually go for Lost Halls first.
In no way shape or form should your progression be halted by waiting to join a Discord room for either 5 to 20 mins+ for about a 6 minute run, give or take.
It really takes away from the enjoyment of playing a game and turns it into a time scheduled loot simulator with a cooldown after a run.

I know guilds do their own runs, unfortunately, I wasn’t fortune to find one. lol Anyways, it’s kinda a rant but I wanna see your opinions on this kind of topic :smiley:

EDIT: Let me go more in depth in what I mean since people can take this the wrong way since I’ve stated that obviously Players would prefer choosing Discord runs instead of Pub ones in one of my previous replies. So let me clarify my statement. :no_mouth:

Every game has a flow to it and because I usually do a PPE’s, there’s a natural flow in progression over time and it doesn’t take very long to max your character and gather better gear, am I wrong?

Once you’re past getting mid to high tier gear and UT’s accessible within’ Realms alone, you eventually have to progress into these harder dungeons that are usually a lot less frequent to come across, right?

So now, obviously a person doesn’t wanna spend hours per day looking for Pub Halls when that progress and flow is suddenly slower than ever.

Also if you’re an average player, the accessibility to doing Marble Colossus is little to none especially if it’s a Pub Halls.
Anybody that joins it is obviously going to do Cult cause that’s far easier.
On top of this, how many Pub Halls does a void? -.-

And tbh, soloing Marble Colossus is much more of a risk than a reward other than bragging rights that you’re good enough to do that.

What I’m trying to explain here is that in general, you have no choice to be either in a Discord or a Guild that does these Organized runs and they can be hard to access.

Examples.
Slow internet
If you have bad internet and horrible connection, trying to join the server the Raid Leader calls out as you try to get into the Bizarre on time is usually a set up for inaccessibility.
Immediate Fullness of Discord Run
If you aren’t fast enough to click when the chat room opens up, it sometimes gets full almost instantaneously and that sucks. You’re basically out of luck and have to wait a hot minute until another one opens.
Guild Requirements
Usually average players can’t get to join these Guilds that expect a lot out of you, high requirements, a certain amount of 8/8 classes and experience in certain Endgame dungeons.
DISCLAIMER: I’m not saying all Guilds are like this, I just haven’t been fortunate to join any high ranking Guilds that do LH runs or O3 runs in that sense so correct me if I’m wrong. :slight_smile:

O3 Discords are a WHOLE other ball-game.
Still haven’t gotten my foot through the door and the Discords to join those are typically annoying from my experiences.
The wait time is even more abysmal than LH’s.
It’s more of the inaccessibility to join the Realms because Players are usually joining it faster than I can even get into the server. It’s pretty aggravating… :confused:

On top of this, just think of how stressful it can be on New Players just trying to progress. Once the flow of the game is halted, the enjoyment of the game becomes little to none. Once you realize no one is doing Public LH’s (If they do, it’s ALWAYS a Cult) and O3’s are just a whole other matter and topic. It becomes a very rough experience for new comers.

If you are exclusively doing runs in pub halls that’s part of the problem. As long as you don’t need a specific type of run immediately most other servers will have less full (and frankly more efficient) runs in their main/event channels. Also, I definitely recommend getting 8/8 if you can before doing any exalt dungeons just because exalts exist. In my experience it definitely helps if you mix it up. Do a chain or two of cults, then some fungals, maybe an O3.

However, this doesn’t really address your point of the weird lul in-between runs. I’ve tried to do most runs with discord on my phone so I don’t have to change windows (I only have one monitor), which often allows me to do a casual godlands dungeon or two in between runs.

My laptop… can’t handle Discord call AND RotMG at the same time or I get DC’ed.

And it happened to me several times to the point that I have 8 completions difference (actually one of them was from dying in Crystal one time) between Fungal and Crystal Caverns…

pub runs can be a lot of fun, you just really need to get used to not getting heals and buffs constantly, and focus on your survival. If you want to stay with just disc runs, I’d say just wait around for when runs finally start up, and during that time just go into realms so that you won’t be bored out.

lol what

rl’s have lives

there aren’t always keys during headcounts

raiders have lives

if you don’t like it, then don’t do it.

imo discord raids really hurt the game more than they help it. Sure, some dungeons, especially some of the exaltation dungeons, are really hard to do in pub realms (or near impossible in the case of void), but the sheer lack of enjoyment in raids kills it for me. All it is to me is sitting while an rl throws out orders (some were slightly more tolerable than others during my brief experience with raids), and getting loot after nigh 0 risk or variety. I just really prefer how much more organic pub runs feel, a small but knowledgable can still chew through dungeons, and even if its slower, it feels so much more alive.

tl;dr Discords are boring and you should try to do pub runs, even if its slower and less efficient its a lot more fun if you want to play a game and not a loot sim

Getting in to runs is the easiest for me, i’m in 10-15 different servers. I do Cmd/Ctrl K to use the quick searcher and put in !raid it will put most of the open vcs up

6 shrink 36 shotguns poggies

Looks like you’ve never had a good RL.
I’ve had a lot of fun times in Null. Rl’s bickering is some of the funniest shit that will happen in the game. Also some RL’s are just chill ppl, or just good ppl. Some… are very uptight and boring, but they’re either nervous or tired.

The whole game is repetition. There is no game in this world which does not repeat something at least once.

0 risk or variety, and you have yet to get an osanc white.

I mean if somebody literally talking into your ears isn’t “alive” enough for you then sure.

I mean the whole point of the game is to click mobs and pick up loot so… the loot sim is the game.

what’s an rl I mute everyone’s volume the second I get into a raid dungeon

bruh imagine defending RLs lmao

I personally hate it the most when RLs feel like they need to “entertain” the raiders or bring in another RL to talk to. Like I don’t care at all about your conversation dude, it is bad enough I have to sit here and be undeafened so I don’t get called out, please don’t subject me to listening to your boring ass conversations. God I hate it. (Sure, you can double discord, but some RLs powertrip and will have you type something to make sure you are listening. Usually doesn’t happen as long as you aren’t being dumb, but it CAN happen. All it takes is an RL to be having a bad day)

It really turns the game into a slot machine. You barely have to think, just go through the motions and hope you get loot, there is very little danger. It’s boring af, but the issue is that if you want to realistically run a dungeon without spending an absurd amount of time playing the game then you have to join discords for the key pops

Anyway, yeah discords suck the soul out of the game and will burn you out super quick if you don’t get addicted to the psuedo slot machine that is raiding. I recommend you find a server with good players who go into public dungeons, and try to join their guild. (USMW/USMW2 generally has people go into dungeons)

I’ve seen the most o3’s popped in usmw2 so this is def accurate I can agree

1. Yes, the game is about repetition. It always has and always will be. But raid exploit it, making the repeating segments feel totally mechanical and machined. Even if thing repeat, pub groups almost never play the exact same, and will usually not push as hard as possible to abuse ai.

2. I do have an osanc white, actually, I just don’t use it. (Gamblers)

3. Talking can only do so much, and if its only 1 person talking thats not really any more alive than a chatbox.

4. Loot is a main part of the game, but to get to that loot is the real part of the game, which raid blobs serve to cut as much as possible. I’d much rather go through a long and arduous struggle to get a well earned white bag than sit in a call, run a dungeon the exact same way 4 times with little to no enjoyment in the same amount of time, and have several white bags.

As a usmw2 native can confirm if you ask about a pub dungeon run when the event spawns you will usually get at least 1 other person. Also o3 pops are somewhat common, id say 1 in 8 realms are pub o3s.

I never stated that they don’t have lives. (where did this come from lol?)
Pub Halls is more of a slower process and majority of the time, nobody joins it.

Well, the most efficient way to quickly do LH or O3’s usually are by organized Discord raids so why would a person not choose that option? Even if we dislike it, it’s usually the most preferred choice because the grind to do pub halls nearly takes decades to complete for little to no reward majority of the time. lol

Most of the time this is true, but jesus christ osanc runs and pub halls runs are actually slower than group pub runs, simiply because the hp scaling is so egregious and half the player leech on hard phases, making the boss take longer than expected. For beginners, they are good experience, but for more experienced raiders, either do vet runs or find raids that have smaller amounts of people.

not sure what happened to your topic or why, but I’ve listed it again and unhidden it. sorry about that.

Wasn’t me

You could try rushing in raids, it’s a very thrilling experience!

Most Discords prefer to have gamers rush for them. Trust me, I’ve tried. It doesn’t matter how good you are, you can’t beat basic statistics when it comes to picking the right pot in LHs, but gamers don’t have that issue