ROTMG Raiding is a very boring experience

I personally love rushing fungals and crystals, my favorite exaltation dungeons. Unfortunately, for the purpose of raids, it isn’t too useful to have a rusher, because we need to clear to where the rusher goes anyway, but I still find it extremely fun.
I’m not ready to rush halls yet though, and I don’t think I ever will be. I’ve done some clowning on testing but it’s far different than prod because everything on testing is expendable to the extreme

Really? I’m too scared to rush fungal but I can rush halls consistently (unless it’s a stupid 1 split and have to map read on the go)

If you are refering for pub hacker halls discord, of course they are going to have rushers to speed up their runs. I recommend rushing for malice, null and std.

fungal is fun to rush with a warrior, just imo not with any other class

if you are familiar with the enemy behavior in fungal, it is very rushable, because the rooms are generally spacious.
However, being able to map read is a MUST because dead ends can instantly be fatal, especially because a lot of dead end rooms are small ones

If I’m being honest (Controversial/unpopular opinion moment)

I always felt like Realm hasn’t had this "Complicated dungeon that is cleaner and easier with raids but much harder with pubs.) until new Shatters. For how bad the first variation of new shatter’s is, it gave us 1 new variation of rushing that hasn’t been seen in, almost forever. “Scattered group rushing”, raids take on a more on your toes rush and scatter to activate all the switches in the least amount of time. Unlike old shatter’s Pre-Lost Sentinel phase where all the statues are so close to each other its outright not worth doing them scattered but rather force all the dps into 1 statue at a time to make everything else easier, new Shatters makes it so that your priority is the switchs and not the enemies. However I actually do wish that the enemies have more status effects like silence, slow and sick to make rushing harder rather than making everything hit harder. You can’t stop raid groups from crushing literally anything, but the shatters did 1 200iq move that gives a counter to that. That 1 giant petrifying knight can outright split raid groups in half with ease, its something that actually makes scattered rushing more worth it than just group rushing or group clearing.

I’d still argue that new shatter’s first area is absurdly hard for its first area especially with some of the health scaling and over complexity of the first area.

But other than that yeah, Realm hasn’t really have a “super complex raid dungeon” that most other MMORPGs have. O3 would technically be one but its almost all bosses that makes it feel that way and not the first area. Not to mention how exploitable they are, like they’re not the type where its “easier with a group” because the group can do many things at once. Its just… more dps. I’d say lost halls are similar but at least Lost halls allows Stuns, Slows and Stasis to make the dungeon much more easier.

Edit 2: Wait wait wait just a minute. What the fuck is going on here.

First part of this thread:

You complain about discords having queues, others complain the game is too easy/ you get endgame loot too easily/ repetitive with them. Then… you still use them, because you want those things. This is an absolute classic.

People hate power until you give some to them, eh? SpoopedTwo is the only consistent person here.

Discords aren’t a required part of the game, and there are many discords.

Edit: I am not sure if a real person has actually written the following quote below:

Stop complaining then. Why did you make this post
This is the worst take I have seen in my life. Get off your ass and do pub runs, or do a discord.

You can just not use a discord if you want. They were made by the community to allow everyone access and consistency to endgame dungeons.

I think discord raids are some of the best things ever. I’ve seen games were endgame content and such was prestigious and locked only to a select few top “clans” or “guilds”. End game content and loot took a long time to get. Those games died off. the RotMG community is quite ingenious and amazing for creating such a system of raiding. This is perhaps the most coordinated community I have ever seen in a video game. Allowing an average player to get a shot at endgame dungeons? That’s amazing.

Your specific enjoyment =/ the game success.

Ah yes… power tripping. You join a discord, you go into THEIR raid (mind you, the discord worked hard to get a bot set up, get keys and raiders to do runs, set basic expectations), you go into a key that someone has sponsored to the discord (that key expects a smooth raid)…

And you don’t listen to anything the people in charge of the discord are saying. You can lower your volume by quite a lot. In fact, I’ve had many RL’s say, “There are many ways of muting us. The only ones we care about are the ones we can detect.”

On top of that, they set the rules for their discord. If you don’t like the rules, don’t play the game (or in this case, raid in the discord).

Sounds like someone is leeching and not setting goals to have fun

Lots of assumptions there dude…

In what world is rushing for the raid leeching??? bruh

with random map generation and enemies in pretty much every dungeon atm, rushing isnt the same motions over and over again
what exactly are you rushing

if you aren’t conveniently nexusing rushing isnt easy (“little danger”) and braindead either

^ this is what im referring to. Unless you are rushing sprites this doesn’t really apply to any endgame content unless you are a living god.

you sure? when its the same enemies and room tiles, just in varied orders, its really just the same motions, just at different times. not to mention current shatts which is even more so the same each run.

as for your point of discords helping the game majorly, thats something id strongly disagree with. sure, more people may get access to the endgame content easier and faster, but it warps the game heavily. gear thats oriented towards anything that isnt huge dps is looked down on by many, and scorned by discords and The Meta. the content itself isnt safe either, with a majority of the risk removed from the content, as well as any sort of real effort, the game stagnates, just being the same content the same way over and over. the satisfaction of any of it is reduced, be it winning, hitting loot, or hell, even getting exalts. discords drain the ‘game’ part of rotmg and turn it into bag simulator.

The meta adapts to the game

O3 especially focuses on dps over anything else, so obviously to have clean runs the community likes high dps items. End game content isn’t very “easy” to complete, despite the power of discords. Some o3 runs last up to 40 minutes. 40+ minutes for a single dungeon. I was just in an o3 raid in osanc. It took 36 minutes.

Even doing o3 would be unfeasible without the progression boost discords give. Only the top guilds would be able to run what is perhaps the most fun dungeon in the game if discords didn’t exist. Only they would have grinders and irl money to buy keys, and grind dungeons.

It seems like your main issue is with how risky or dangerous the content is. I don’t know who you are running with, but it must be some elite top tier discord, because there is still a fair amount of risk doing any endgame dungeon (except perhaps shatts and nest).

To tie it back up with my previous comments, throughout the thread, people have talked about how insanely long and hard it is to get things done without a discord. This is less of a flaw of the discord, and more of a design flaw. At the end of the day, people don’t have all the time in the world to play rotmg, farm events to get exalt dungeons, do public exalt dungeons with lvl 17s and their t6 wands, and end up with blue bags. The community decided to band together as a collective force (much like raiding in other successful mmo games) and create discords to have consistent clean runs. Not to say that it isn’t dangerous (because O3, Lost Halls, Fungals and more can still kill you quite easily, especially with priest/pally nerfs and ic/ooc), but the game forced this to happen.

Without discords, people would eventually get tired of the game, not having many chances to face its toughest bosses in the first place. People who spend money on keys? They would pop it for their guilds, which would be the only semi-consistent way of getting clean runs. It would creat a hierarchy with the top guilds having all the loot and everyone else picking up the scraps with wc tops. Eventually people would get tired and quit. This has happened to many of the games I have played, albiet they were much smaller. Even in the biggest mmorpg-type games, the gap between elite players and casuals is way too big as well. Discords help mitigate the progression gap, and bring in new players to keep the game alive.

Honestly if you are consistently and easily rushing for discords and you still feel the game is too dull and easy, you do one of two things:

1. start trying solos (if you are skilled enough to casually rush endgame dungeons, solo voids/O3s-- the latter is a big pain but possible-- shouldn’t be a far stretch.)
  2. take a break. You’ve beat the game for the time being and gotten bored with it. Come back when new/challenging content is added maybe.

I am 100% sure that moving at different times would not describe the art of lost halls rushing, which requires quick reaction times and expert map reading to pull off consistently at a masterful pace.

shatts rushing is very monotonous, but can get messy quite quick.

I’d argue void solo is more of a pain, but I’ve never attempted it so I wouldn’t know.

I think you need a lot more equipment, like invis stuff, divinity and the like to pull off void solo cleanly. Big bois are quite annoying, but so is O3 when he tps on you

just for the record osanc is the worst o3 server. It is worse then pub runs you get during free runes.

yeah true. i like the rls tho so its gucci

i think free runes event with a bad group was worse, sometimes there were like 4 people left at the end

which person said they can rush halls? cant find the post

@Imivan

that doesn’t mean he rushes

nvm im dumb