Rotmg RWT

Why can’t Deca do something about the dupers and rwt shops in the internet that’s causing deca to lose some profit? Can they at least shut the websites down?

[IDEA] The Tinkerer Reimagined

they would lose more money trying to shut them down than they are losing from them existing.

Change my mind: RWT is fair.

Yeah I’m not a fan of the spambots and I absolutely think they should all be banned but it’s easier said than done. However I don’t see anything wrong with players selling their own items for money. It’s a thing in just about every other MMO game

If only realm was steam only and there was an actual marketplace

I can’t say for sure, but I think its safe to assume that DECA makes far more money off of pet food, skins, and keys than they do tops sold in the nexus.

This is why they don’t shut the websites down:

“Players selling their own items” is a pretty bad description for rwt sites.

Yeah so, you’re actually right - these sites are generally bots selling duped items. But I’m not arguing for those sites, i’m arguing that RWT is not fundamentally a problem. Online RWT shops exist because Realm has had multiple duping issues in the past, which is not the fault of the community.

It can be generalised even further: RWT sites exist because some RotMG players want to spend money to obtain items.

Even if the % of players doing this is extremely low, the out-of-proportion noise made by the RWT spambots can give the impression that it’s larger, the purpose ofc being to generate their own customers out of players who’d not consider using them were it not for the prompt of being hit over the head repeatedly by their spam.

Any estimate on what percent of RotMG players actually even RWT?

Online RWT shops exist because people are not interested in taking time to gear up and max a character. Also, items in the RotMG shops are overpriced. Like acclaim is 900 gold, which is about 7 and a half bucks.

yeah selling someones intellectual properties for your own profit, whats wrong with that?

Companies can sue you for this btw and have before.

so yes I would say RWT is fundamentally a problem

Another reason being this. A game needs money to run, money going to the actual company. If everyone is buying what they want from the RWT sites the game will make less money and shut down.

I don’t see how rwt affects the money deca gets. Sure a couple of braindead kids might get a nexus top or two before realizing the price of tops is like a life at most. Things that actually sell consistently are nontradables which can’t be sold. Moving away from items, account selling keeps accounts alive which allows new players into the game who can spend more money on the game. Granted it does keep them from spending even more on a fresh account, but I feel like it would keep people from getting into the game in the first place if they had an even larger paywall to get through.

If someone spends X amount of dollars on an account stock full of Uts that is X amount of dollars they are not spending towards the game

Despite what people think about deca, they do not all live on golden yachts. The little income they get is crucial

What?

So you avoid paywalls by buying someones account? No you avoid paywalls by not paying for anything

Rotmg is a free play game, buying somones account is putting a wall infront of yourself for no reason

seems like you are still passing through that wall expect you are a paying a random person instead of deca

so when you are giving money to a RWT its not a paywall?

I’m saying the money has been spent on the account already and since it’s being sold, it’s gives it an opportunity to have more money dumped into it. I also said it’s not as large as what you would normally pay if you bought 20 vaults and chars which is why it’s appealing to buy one. Also let’s people make back some of what they dumped into the game once they quit.

Right, selling pixelated items that you farmed yourself is completely immoral, 100% right. Here, i’ll just quit and leave my hundreds of tops in my vaults forever when there are people offering money to me for them. Can you really blame me for selling them?

The above scenario was a hypothetical of course.

You can get sued for pretty much anything these days.\

Another reason being this. A game needs money to run, money going to the actual company. If everyone is buying what they want from the RWT sites the game will make less money and shut down.

Exactly how much money do you think the game team makes for selling tops in the nexus?

It’s not about morality. You don’t own any of those items since everything in this game is legally owned by Deca, therefore you can’t officially sell them.

No, it’s the exact opposite: someone who would have otherwise spent money to buy a better pet, character slots, vault chests, etc… now already has all of those things thanks to directly buying an account.

It’s money that was supposed to go to Deca being pocketed by RWT shops instead.

Except this is about morality. There was never a question about whether RWT is allowed or not. It is not and will not ever be allowed. But why should the community care past a few spambots? If guildie A wants to sell an item to guildie B for money, why would I complain?

Because why not

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.