Rotmg ST Fighting game

So I just had this dream where the ST sets were playable characters in this Rotmg 2D Fighting Game, had these beautiful tall sprites, like holy shit that kind of works super well.

This is really out there, idk about anyone else but I would play the shit out of that.

Who would you main and why?

All I’m saying is I’d main the shit out of

WkXyG2K
Crystal Kunoichi has a beautiful aesthetic and she would probably be super speedy and I like fast characters

But I’m also torn between

8UeISo2
Because magicians are cool and so are bunnies and I imagine that they would have a bunch of funny tricks as attacks and stuff

Smug%20Alma

My own gal, of course.
Super stronk hits all around! Who cares about flashy combos if I can kill KO you in a matter of a few good hits!

b59f6ff
The secret character, of course

Ooh that’s also a great choice, now I am torn between 3

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/swarming-huntress-set

I can fly to the skies and kill everyone :)

I’m just picturing street fighter but with 64 by 64 versions of the st sets done with around four to six colors a piece.

Give me a few hours, and Ill post a sprite of that.

Totally agree here, that’s one of the reasons I really cant play smash bros anymore. Sense Sheik was ruined in ultimate, all the other characters just seem way to slow, and I never play them well. She would most likely be my main.

Id want to say the Horticultural Huntress, but I feel like she’d be one of those weird classes where half of their abilities are ‘heal abilities’ and those characters never play too well.

The knight would be a tank, the normal class Id play, but I don’t think Id use it here.

I feel like the rogue would be the class that is just kind of crappy. One that no one ends up playing, and that looses most of the time.

YOOO SAME THO. As someone who usually plays characters because they look cool or cute absolute agree

I do that too lol, that’s why my fav character in smash is Jigglypuff

Yes that’s really close to how it looked.

They were more anime ish proportioned I guess but in such nice dimensions,

Wish I could play back dreams because it was hype af

Someone make a rotmg ST character in rivals of aether

I really don’t like fighting games, but I would probably pick this one:

I know for a fact this view is skewed by me seeing an older version of the sprite before release, but this thing has always sorta looked like Misery from Cave Story to me and I think that would be cool

Cave Story-style game where you play as an ST set? >w<

also it sure would be cool if we got even more Cave Story refs in realm huh
No, this isn’t a leak, this is just something I made a while ago for fun.

png
Here’s my attempt at the Crystal Kunoichi in that style. Maybe ill try something else like that, or maybe ill go back to working on my dungeon that I’ve had on hold for a few months.

Gotgot's Super-Duper-Sprite-Pile

oh my god you’re RIGHT

a whole lot like the later game Misery

Yo not bad, maybe a little much on the purple side but you definitely got some nice energy in it.
edit: oh wait early viddie game colour limitations (^: i forgot

Do whatever you wanna do gotgot, go wacky and do whatever you’d enjoy most^^

I dunno about you but they could be added as mods for Rivals of Aether.

Edit: oh heck, this was already mentioned but yeah

Wow thats a seriously great idea. Now im already analyzing each character’'s attitude based on the set’s skin, and their gameplay.

Here are some:

A tank, has very little mobility, because of his low speed and his little to no no movement-based attacks or abilites (okay he’s got a dash but it needs mana) but has low to medium range. He’s got a special move where he stops moving but cant be interrupted and takes less damage, hits hard and quickly to stop the advarsaries attack. Has a lot of mana, allowing to combo more special attacks, or to just boost his low mobility.

A very frail character with short range which has a lot of his moves costing mana, but has mobility (dashes and jumps quickly,) on top of movement-hindering moves, a big mana pool and the special trait of being able to go invisible. Though on screen, both players stop seeing the character so the player that chose this character has to remember where he was and has to know where his inputs got him. Also, moves made while being invisible have little visual cues, like slashes when attacking or sand whiffing around when dashing, to enable mindgames between players and to facilitate the pinpointing for the player that main this character (its still gonna be hard to pinpoint yourself).

Is that insect-like legs I see under his robe? Well, mobility is not a concern then. Exactly what he needs to gain distance for safety to aim down his ranged attacks, more notably the magic shards he can summon everywhere in the arena. If ever the opponent gets close (you got outplayed or you willingly get close), he’s got a difficult-to-execute-but-inescapable grab move that will chunk a fair bit of health.

Slow, hard hitting suit of armor of a character this one is. But fear not, he’s got a one-strike ability that nullifies attacks from the front and staggers the opponent, allowing him to get close because he is extremely close-ranged but is one of the charaters that hits the hardest. His mana pool and defense is average, but his health pool is very high.

The slowest character with the most strongest attacks and powermoves. His range makes up for his low mobility, his grab attack is his hook, it can catch opponents just like Link’s hook. He also have a handcannon (no wonder why he’s slow…) and, uh, yes @Seelpit daring discoverer may hack down quickly but this pirate’s cutlass hits like a ship and has very good range for a sword. The only problem with his cutlass is that it takes forever to perform, so landing simple attacks is a feat. Funnily enuff his special moves and abilities are much easier to hit.

Now the one I would main is:

DRAGONS!!!111!1!11 Okay not only because of that. This character is mobile, has reliable defense and great health pool. His DPS as a whole is one of the lowest, so everything about this character is landing each hit and each ability. That is how you gain the upper hand. So a lot of his attacks have good range and have big hitbox. One of his powermoves has to be charged up, then you decide if you make a draconic roar that interrupts the opponent or if you unleash flames that damage at a distance. Yes the weapon attacks have a large hitbox, but missed ones are longer to recover from than those that landed. Meanwhile you have to dodge, plan your next move and constantly keep track of the health bars.

The more I promised…

This challenger can be described as a flying tank: slow but she can still fly. Her grab move is a sticky trap, she can tether it to the ground and to the opponent to reduce his movement, or simply grab him from a distance to get him close. Her attacks normally have average to high damage. For example, she can unleash a barrage that spreads like a shotgun, and like a shotgun its better to fire from up close. One of her powermoves utilizes her stinger, she has the choice to shoot it, but that requires her to charge it, or to simply perform a short lunge that is quick to do.

A frail character that relies on his moves and abilities to combo his way out of this fight. He is not mobile and cant take much punishment, but it is very easy to chain his attacks, though missing them hurts your dps a lot. So all he’s got going for him is damage and hes gotta end it fast.

I’ll add onto this later, too, but the Phantom Archer set would probably be like JJBA Heritage for the Future’s Petshop, Super Smash Bros. Brawl’s Meta Knight, etc., etc.
Is tanky, has decent range while still having pretty dang good dps, instant burst movement and can make approaching immensely difficult in one move…
Yeah, nah.

I’d use the cloak to paralyze you, and then go invisible. While you are paralyzed and I’m invisible I’d kill you with the etherite damage of being close up.