Rotmg style DND

Would anyone be interested in a rotmg style DND campaign?
I haven’t really succeeded in restarting the discobot roleplay that used to be done by @nameness since it was too hard to get enough people in, and thanks to timezones I only ended up with about three players max whenever I did a ‘session’.

So, I will try again to gather enough individuals to make this an interesting experience and less frustrating to run on my part :slight_smile:

The way this works is that whenever I or another RM (realm master) are doing a ‘session’, the players taking part roleplay in a slightly modified Realm. Defeating Oryx is still the penultimate goal of the game, but the realm is not fully under his control yet - small civilisations of hobbits, dwarves, elves, even humans that haven’t joined Oryx’s forces persist and continue living in the Realm despite the dangers. The players work their way up, fighting the Mad God’s minions as per usual, helping out the civilians of the Realm, and eventually will be tasked with taking down his most powerful followers and then the Mad God himself.

The main difference here is that Oryx’s forces aren’t only strong in numbers. Players will find that even pirates will give them somewhat of a challenge near the beginning of the game, and will have to cooperate with the others to take down foes without any… casualties.

Technically speaking, no previous experience is needed, the only requirement is a semi decent amount of activity on Discord.

If such an idea generates enough interest then I’ll try starting it up once again, maybe code a discord bot to help me out. I need both players and a small amount of people to help run the game when I’m not around, if anyone’s interested in playing or being an RM then pm me on discord or on RealmEye, my discord tag is Orsome#1704.

I might be posting this over on Reddit too, to see who’s interested.

I did something like this…
It was never finished

I can think of a few reasons why your presence certainly didn’t help in the server.

Not to be mean of course, but you weren’t online much.

I got muted because of my crap ass friend who spammed the n word. I don’t talk to him anymore…

yeah well being on the receiving end of racist comments was pretty annoying to have to contain.

Im sorry :frowning: I loved the game concept but also the fact was it you? who was the game master I forgot lol. But the game master also wasn’t always on at the time we were on.

Yeah, I was running it. Redox eventually helped me out but I couldn’t always be on, and timezones kinda suck.

That’s why I’m also looking for people to help run the game

The thing is we can’t have a game master and a player so we need a person who will always be on around the time we were. If I remember correctly Horus volunteered

I can post the basic rules I made for this here if you want me to

It should be in a discord though

I already have a discord server made for it actually :slight_smile:

Nice, can I join?
Nameness #6137

I would definitely join. I’m quite new to DnD but I think I have a grasp of the rules and shit. @YesButNo #9995

That’s perfectly fine.

My name is… umm
Short#0078
If you want to understand my name check realmafia

Update:

It seems my shitty code has somehow created a sentient being.

In other words, there’s a bot now! I’ll still be working on it but in the meantime I’m still looking for people who want to join.

Here’s the discord if anyone’s interested

@Ninjabandi forgot to give you the invite earlier that’s why I wanted to dm you xd

everyone please join it is so funny

also, i send images to make everything more immersive and its fun

@Demonseye Do you want to join? It is simple and fun

later plez i’m trying to figure out what to do after the rocket has launched on hl1