ROTMG Survey: Defibrillator of the Mad God

RotMG is “dying” while the numbers do some what back this up, we are never really certain if the game is truly dying, or if RotMG is just going through a dead zone right now. So in case the game is really “dying” what can we do to fix it? What do people want?

That is what this survey will try to answer. I will submit the answers as I do (I’ve done 2 other servers before on reddit/discord), and go through the data.The data will come out once I notice no more submissions.

Take the Survey Here! https://forms.gle/MSExcr3S7YtRjreN6

Posting here to see if I can maybe get some different types of players this way! :slight_smile:

I hope I didn’t overly bombard whatever poor person receives that survey. Thanks for taking the time to post this here! ^^

good luck, but my take is that the game is unfixable. that’s why I quit the game and left ugc. I hate what deca and the raiding playerbase has turned rotmg into, and I will never un-hate it. reversing all this damage is also realistically impossible, you’d need to convince both deca to stop monetizing the game so much AND to convince the playerbase to stop caring about rare whitebags so much that they optimize the game part out of this videogame in the name of efficiency. both of those contradict what deca and the larger playerbase wants, so it’s just not going to happen.

2nd thing contradicts the entire genre of game

Are you going to show this to DECA? It feels like they may benefit from gaining feedback from all different types of players about these issues.

My main problem with the game is keys.
Deca wont remove those though.

I posted the results on Reddit before, when I post the results. I’ll like the Reddit post here likely.

if you think that removing the gameplay part of a game in the name of maximizing reward is inherent to any game of any kind ever, then that must mean that games are an inherently self-defeating experience and no one should ever bother with them ever again, which is pretty bleak.

to be clear, I’m not asking for people to stop caring about rewards. I just really hate it when breaking the game in half and making it scream for mommy becomes the norm and interacting with it normally is unviable. it’s amusing to stand agog and “wow so broken” moments at first but by the 5th time it starts wearing out, by the 50th time it’s boring as hell, and by the 500th time I hate anyone and everything involved in the process for continuing to beat this dead horse.

it’s like everyone somehow universally decides that splitting open oreos and slurping the cream off the cookies is the only acceptable method of eating oreos. when I go to eat my oreos as-is they get taken away from me by Big Oreo for not following the standard and because I “don’t appreciate oreos”. over the next 5 years Big Oreo optimizes the process by reducing the quality of the cookie part more and more and in 10 years oreos are no longer cookies but tubes of sugar paste you squeeze directly into your mouth. weekly handouts of sample size oreo paste are held by Big Oreo to convince everyone this is the way of the future. the masses form elitist clubs to exclude the plebs who don’t have as much oreo paste as they do while buying each other more and more oreo paste.

I just want my cookies man.

well i’ll enjoy the parts i love while i still can

the mmo genre, not all games, is all about grinding, its not just rotmg that gets optimised to hell although its not all mmos either. Of course not optimising the shit out of the game isnt going to be meta but its still 100% playable without a tonne of optimisation. Every game i know of with grindable loot has people who have optimised it to the bones of a game.

The General Chat Thread v2

They wouldn’t even have to remove them. Just balance the game around the realm again and make keys 5-10 times more expensive. The revenue probably won’t change too much and the game would be much less discord-reliant.

Gonna buff rewards from public runs like REALLY hard first.

Making keys more expensive… if a Lost Halls keys costs 1k gold to buy (or approx 10 USD), I doubt Realmers would be willing to throw their dollars for that.

A few Qs:

1. How do I check how many hours I have? I don’t play on steam so is there an in-game method of checking? I have absolutely no idea of even a ballpark figure.
  2. Why isn’t the “money spent” question such a small range? I have a friend who spent 10k on an account, sold it for $500 and now has an account with over 5k into it. He also hasn’t played in years to try and curb his gambling addiction.

I had to to do some math and estimation for myself… are you on the main client?

Hah, yeah, I was wondering about that! Perhaps they’re only looking for a certain point before calling it good, because any more money spent isn’t necessary to know.

Optimization in MMO’s is inevitable. People don’t care whether the game is fun or not, they just want loot.

you cannot understand, efficiency good, fun bad, now consume your sugar paste pill

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.