RotMG Tier List

OBviously

Unrelated, but I’m honestly I’m fine with this thread becoming a superhub for all tierlists that are RotMG related, so dungeons, skins, etc.

Good idea!
Here’s my concept.
I mean, come on, the original thread has almost 140 likes. And yes, I did, in fact, take the individual frame out of the gif, and then copy it pixel by pixel to make a perfect 602 sprite.

why the bikini skins tho? they look so ass

he likes the most nudist ones

]

she. Correct me if I’m wrong @Seelpit

That’s just a pervert if she was a he.

I’m still a pervert
I just like swimsuits even though I detest swimming as it stands

stelladetectiv
inspecting if that last pixel is ass or hand

i know it’s hand

it doesnt looks like hand…

BEFORE YOU COMMENT, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS NOT A JUST A NORMAL CLASS RANK. JUST BECAUSE ONE CLASS IS HIGHER DOESN’T MEAN IT’S BETTER!!

Screenshot_217

Alright, now that you seen this list. Some/most of the things in the middle becomes quite blurry. I will show you how I ranked versatility.

1. Survivability:
    Survivability is important factor for any class. Most people will believe the class that can tank the most shots will have the highest survivability. While that is very true, you have to account for other things like range and healing. If your so far away from your enemy then something like a jade statue won’t be an issue if you use your range.
    Healing is also important, it doesn’t matter how much def you have. Healing can be deciding factor on who is going to survive or not.

2. DPS:
    Being able to put in a ton of damage is essential for soul bound loot and just defeating the boss on a reasonable time. However, I didn’t put a heavy amount of importance into it because almost every class now can do a solid amount of damage. (which is why wizard is not rank high in terms of versatile)

3. Buffing:
    Just because a class is versatile individually, doesn’t mean they can boost their teammates. classes like pally can boost people’s damage unlike a class like the samurai which is why I believe pally is more versatile.

4. Debuffs:
    While it is good to be able to buff your teammates. Debuffing bosses can also be essential on how balanced a class is. A class like the mystic can stasis enemies/bosses which can help far better in terms of group roles then what a ninja can do. (I understand that ninjas can use midnight star but you have to understand paralyze pets can do the same and this star is exceptionally rare)

And that’s about it, this is what I measured to determine how balanced and versatile a class is. Like I said in the beginning, this isn’t a class rank to determine which class is better. Just because I put rogue at the very bottom, we can all agree it’s not a bad class at all especially during solo runs. Comment any criticisms you have with this.

Hey I made my own of skins because why not

For those who wonder whats 1st and 2nd:

1st is click here if ya good
and 2nd click here if ya good too

all actual skins r bad except beach trick

Legit, you could make a population tier list, where people vote who their best class is and using that info, a tier list is made.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

S

Personal favorites, fun to play as and good survival
Pally is my go to class in most rpgs now, and wizards are demolitionist cuties. (I love the parasite spell and I need another one.)

A

Also very fun to play, 2nd in commands to S rank. With sorcerer give him the highest wisdom possible, this lad isn’t meant for charm school, he was born to be a harbringer of electric destruction (Dr Manhattan?)
Rogue is always fun to solo with which I find myself doing a lot more these days

B

Classes I’ve had fun with before, or am trying out just now, they’re great as well
Archer and huntress have their gimmicks and good dps, but I didnt like them as much as magic classes, ninja samurai and warrior are new to me

C

Classes who I find are boring or too erratic to play as, I’d actually try them over D tier though. Necro/Knight are boring because of their high survival, trix/mystic are too erratic as I don’t want to focus too much attention to what my ability is doing on the field

D

Boring as fuck, (I have a 7/8 priest I rebuilt after losing first one in a nest but… Prot was something else and I don’t have it anymore.)
The low DPS and safe playstyle on both is something I can’t stand.

unknown-3

Got a huge backlash from my guild about the rogue lmao

honestly I made this just because I’m bored atm. normally I’d avoid this sort of thing.

note: a class’s usefulness in solo play isn’t a major factor in the following. the reason for this is that it mostly just comes down to what you like to play with, which is unique from person to person.

S: warrior and pally are responsible for over half the dps of any large group just by using their abilities. their respective statuses are so powerful they destroy everything in the path of the giant mobs that players tend to arrange themselves into. it’s just absurd how powerful these two are.

that doesn’t even address their own other extremely powerful traits, they’re already S tier just for those statuses. but in case that still wasn’t enough for some reason, warrior has high def and high speed thanks to his helm, and pally can provide additional instant heals even if the recipient has sick, further strengthening the durability of the dps-ball strategy.

A: the other two classes capable of making any real difference whatsoever to any group are knight and priest. priest heals combined with pet heals and bolstered by pet mp regen allow the group to facetank just about everything, regardless of class. this makes the dps mob strategy even more effective, since the only time you’re ever going to die in such a group is by tanking something that kills you instantly. priest’s low dps makes it insufferable in solo play, but in group play it’s honestly irrelevant. it barely affects the groups average dps at all between the warrior/pally buffs and the sheer number of other players firmly rooting the average in place. knight makes enemies completely harmless, and he’s also super super bulky.

trickster and ninja are here for different reasons than you might think. I don’t actually care that much about the decoy ability of trickster, and most of the time they use it I end up wishing they hadn’t. ninja’s multitarget dps is unrivaled and a super good class overall imo, but many many others disagree with me and call it a weak class. regardless of how you side on the two on those topics, there’s one thing in particular those two classes are the absolute best at that most (if not all) of us can agree on: clearing realms. the previous 4 classes contribute just about everything you’re actually going to notice in practice when it comes to group play, everything else from here on out has marginal or irrelevant group contributions. but clearing realms is an entirely different setting, and provides many useful things you can’t get anyway else depending on deca’s event choices. in the case of these two they contribute in a way that you can notice, unlike the other classes in a group setting. in my experience ninja has better raw speed, especially with spd-oriented equips. trickster doesn’t benefit from adding more spd equips as much because the main thing determining how fast you go is your pet’s mheal level, not your equipment. trickster on the other hand can more easily get around setpiece walls like cyclops castles. overall, they’re roughly equal imo.

B: sorcerer has uses, but depends on UT’s quite a bit. fulmi is the best applicator of slow in the game so you need a sorc to use it, but it’s still a UT. wizard has decent attack power, but has nothing whatsoever to contribute other than damage (still a lot less than warrior/pally) which makes it an extremely boring class. necromancer plays just like wizard for the most part, only it’s a bit tankier from the heals it picks up via skull use. unlike wizard, necro gets some interesting UT powers which make it a bit more interesting overall. archer doesn’t really have anything special going for it other than paralyze, which is admittedly pretty good. he would be with knight for his status, but paralyze isn’t always helpful because it interferes with kiting, and everyone’s pets already contribute quite a bit of paralyze whether archer likes it or not. stun on the other hand is always useful and doesn’t have any other source.

C: huntress is in most cases just a worse archer. if she had more reliable access to paralyze without having to depend on ctrap, she might stand a better chance. but being dependent on UT’s hampers her overall usefulness. samurai is mostly just a worse ninja imo, but if you want to scream “no u” at me for saying that I think it’s worth mentioning that ninja would probably be in the same tier anyway if it weren’t for his realm-clearing prowess. samurai’s status “exposed” is frankly irrelevant as it only adds a flat 20 damage to your weapon. mystic curse status on the other hand is much more useful to a group, but her ability to screw over the entire group via stasis trolling takes her down several notches. it certainly doesn’t help that she also has a very high learning curve just to contribute what little she can already. rogue is tricky, the only thing he can contribute for a group is his rush ability, but if teleporting is disabled then he’s much much less useful. rushing isn’t exactly unique to rogue either, most people can rush dungeons with a variety of classes and don’t depend exclusively on rogue. he’s also an absolute nightmare for UGC because we have to design around his ability to vanish from enemies entirely. if he ever tries soloing something it wreaks all sorts of havoc on monster behavior that can easily render them harmless.

D: assassin provides exactly nothing and is just about worthless in every way possible. he’s somehow even more boring than wizard. easily the worst class.

It’s quite obvious who’s S tier in this game

Basically:

S = Good at everything. Classes that are essential to group play, but also excel at solo play. Classes that have a lot of options in terms of how they flex their utility by mixing up their gear selection, without relying on any gimmicks to work well.

A = Great at what they do. Classes that have a well-defined role and are extremely powerful in that role, but that role isn’t universally applicable. But even outside of their general role, these classes do well by maintaining moderately high dps without taking away from their capacity to fill their role. All well-suited to both solo and group play.

B = Good with notable weaknesses. Classes that have a lot of power and/or utility at their disposal, but aren’t always able to use that power to its potential. Very functional overall, but tunnel the player into particular playstyles.

C = Overshadowed. The classes here are mostly just remixed versions of other classes. They’re not terrible, but there’s not particularly much reason to play them over the more focused design of the classes they borrow from.

D = Underpowered. Not necessarily useless, but the use cases are very narrow. Low dps and limited group utility makes them weak in both group and solo play.

Overall I consider RotMG classes to be very well balanced. All classes are usable, but there are definitely clear winners and losers. I don’t think any classes are nerf-worthy, but the ones in C and D tier could use a slight boost.

S - " The best of the best " :

All Melees - Abilities are all immensely powerful; Stun straight up makes bosses a joke, boost provides a great increase in damage along with healing and a hp buff for survivability. Knight does decent damage, Paladin does a good chunk of dps due to damaging buff, warrior nukes things.

Wizard - Long range + Lots of damage equal a class that can play safe and get soulbound with ease, spellbomb simply deletes enemies when hit and is really good on the surprising amount of stationary enemies, bosses with stationary phases and with archer paralyse or pet paralyses.

A: “Strong classes with minimal downsides”:

Archer/Huntress: Both have access to powerful UT’s (Void bow, Doom bow). Abilities are generally preference, with Archers being more useful on the whole, but huntresses trap being more useful against groups of enemies or paralyse immune mobs. Not in S tier due to needing UTs to reach there full potential.

Trickster: Has an incredibly good ability in the form of the prism, giving a teleport and a decoy, while hard to control the decoy, when masters it becomes a game changing ability in dungeons like the nest or lost halls. Does good damage and is not harmed much by dagger range due to a combination of decoys and 75 SPD.
Not in S tier due to steep learning curve, if decoys are not used well, the trickster kinda sucks tbh.

B - “Good classes that can be hindered in certain situations”:

Rogue: Incredible solo class, my personal favourite class. Makes events, dungeons, everything a cakewalk with sufficient mana control in the cloak and knowing when to dip in and out, when alone. In a group, rogue is just meh, cloak can be used to misdirect mob aggro but it’s effectiveness is greatly decreased.

Priest: The exect opposite of the Rogue group, a class that requires a team to be useful. HORRIBLE at farming low tier dungeons (UDL, sprite, snake) but is invaluable in hard dungeons (Lost halls, shatters, Tombs, mainly lost halls really). Priest gets better as dungeons become harder and harder as the need for the heal or debuff cancel of puri or geb increases.

C - “Mediocre classes”:

Necro: Skull isn’t consistent which is my biggest gripe with this class, the main time you need a heal is in boss fights, but a large proportion of bosses spam this ->image0 shit. Meaning guess what, your heal does NOTHING! I’d honestly love if necro got a buff allowing him to heal maybe half of the skull health on an invulnerable enemy. Damage is fairly good.

Sorc: Inferior archer/huntress in my opinion, the only real +to playing sorc to a bow class, is slightly more range and survivability. Low damage without conducting, ability is rather lacklustre without UTs like fulmi or devastation.

Ninja: A fun class that is hindered by having little defence and no real way to mitigate this other than moving very fast, unlike other low defence classes that need to get close (rouge, trickster) ninja doesn’t really have anything comparable to a decoy or cloak to get in and get damage. High damage + pierce is very nice though.

D - “Below average classes”:

Mystic: Orb is far, FAR too situational, in the right situation orb is really strong in others it is a worse damaging buff. Damage is better than necro but worse than wizard. but really stasis is too niche of a debuff where it is useless the majority of the time.

Trashcan - “Holy fuck assassin is bad”:

Assassin: Useless dumpster fire of a class, poison is irreverent in 98% of fights as mobs die so fast that the poison doesn’t even do all of it’s damage + an obscene MP cost and what do you get! The most useless ability in the whole game. Discussing about damage is pointless as you could literally be playing any other class that will either: A- Deal more damage than the assassin (Warrior, wizard, archer, etc) or B- the ability will have so much more impact than the assassin (Priest, rouge for rushing).

I think knight should be in A or B.
Knight has high def, but the damage is so frikin low. I get how most new players cough not me cough like knight because of the defense, but in most dungeons dodging is much more useful than defense. I get it how some shot may still hit you but, do you really need all that def?