ROTMG Tiered Items and Stat Potions Rebalance Suggestions

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19EKp2G_D6sswyor9wL9yP2FjBAlhAlVlq-5POa58XZE/edit

Read through the whole thing before posting please! I want civil discussion so that I may adjust the balance guide so that it does the greatest good for the greatest amount of people! Thanks! :slight_smile:

good idea but i must say something

lod is easy dungeon you can really do it with 3-4 ppl, random greater stats potions are too op for this dungeon but nest its hard and dont drop greater (in game drop greater dex)

“Resulting from the crash we have seen the value of tiered items and easy-to-acquire stat potions (def, att, spd, dex, wis, vit) drop immensely to the point that we went from the T12 Griffin Hide Armor having a worth of slightly less than a Life Potion in 2012 down to a single defense potion today.”

Probably because pets weren’t released in their current form until March 26, 2013, making the dungeons that dropped T12 items harder to do.

On your suggestion to god pot drops, I completely disagree. Vit shouldn’t drop anywhere but dungeons.

Regarding the rest of the doc, meh.
I really don’t think the drops are unbalanced at the moment. Things are changing because Realm is changing as a game.

can you explain what you mean by “godland tops”? I don’t see what your problem with gland drops is, nor do I see what your changes accomplish, if anything at all. furthermore I would insist that glands only drop def/atk/spd, adding dex/wis/vit removes a significant portion of the incentive to do dungeons in the first place.

I also don’t see any point to removing the random stat pots from event bosses and fixing it to a singly type of pot, and I don’t think anything in the realm should drop life or mana for the same reason I don’t think glands should drop all the pots. aside from rare ut drops, life and mana are among the biggest incentives to expand outward into dungeons and harder content. adding it as a random chance drop to the obese HP balloon that is the avatar doesn’t seem right to me.

and changing temple drops to dex/vit and ice cave drops to spd/wis? are you trying to kill interest in the boring dungeons? those two in particular are already very boring and/or unrewarding, if this change was made they would be pretty much ignored altogether.

and my god, why on earth are you removing the life pot from the shatters? the loot from there is underwhelming enough, no need to throw all this ugly mana in their faces.

In addition to that, Potions of Mana drop from too many dungeons at the moment and I feel that my balancing really reflects more balanced drop locations for that potion.

when I read this I almost lost it. you introduced tons of mana into all the endgame stuff in places it wasn’t before. when you consider that a greater mana pot is just 2 mana, your changes would actually make mana more common.

honestly, everything here looks like you’re fiddling with drops just for the sake of fiddling with them. and to address your concern that everything is too common and that the player economy is in a “slump”, I’d like to point out that that situation is simply inevitable. more players playing the game more often means more players are looting tops/old tops/stat pots more often and dying less from getting better at the game. that’s just what happens.

if you really wanted to bring things back to normal, you would have to simultaneously introduce a lot of content that kills off characters with some level of regularity and remove everyone’s “safe” farming zones (most gland dungeons, wc, shatters, etc.) , and even then it might not work very well depending on how good everyone’s stockpiles are. that’s not even including the immediate and almost total withdrawal of the entire playerbase by removing half the game overnight without warning.

I really don’t see why everyone’s always flipping out about how cheap things are and coming up with strange suggestions to allegedly “fix” things.

Don’t mess with droprates and drop tables., some dungeons need to have better drops, but your ideas don’t help that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.