Ruins of Chaos-New late game dungeon

#Welcome to Ruins of Chaos!

This is my dungeon i dont know its too hard or to easy i just wanna know your opinion.
if items are to Op or bad give me what i must change to nerf them or buff.
(i dont made a rooms where players or monsters spawn, and i dont know how make maps)

I haven’t even looked at the doc yet and I already know the sprites will be awesome because it’s Pisak. :smiley:

I really like this although on one of the bosses as I have quickly scrolled through I saw Quiet and Weak for 40 seconds, which is a considerable amount with the shotgun attacks I have looked at in this dungeon. But other then that through my quick look I rate it!

weeb slash, weeb shot, weeb ball… so the 2nd boss is a weeb spider? Otherwise, looks great!

I’m not the best at balancing stuff but the items seems good to me as well as the enemies of the dungeon nd ofc, very nice looking sprites ;3
You won a golden Glawi coin :v

I love it! Although one thing about the ninja star. It will almost have no use to people with <25 MP heal pets, and it is really targeted on good MP pets. Not sure what change would fix it, but it does seem really “only people with a lot of money” oriented.

10/10 for weebs. But seriously i glanced over the document because i am to busy playing realm rn, AND THE SPRITES ARE AWESOME, the mechanics are awesome, i love the swords as part of the event, this is a all around great dungeon from you, good job buddy!

Edit: i realized THIS IS YOUR FIRST FULL DUNGEON IDEA, WOT, Great job for a FIRST. This looks like something i could achieve after 10+ full dungeon ideas, OMG, Dude.

The dungeon looks really awesome, but the names Armor Ball and Armor Shot seem a little weird. Maybe something like Neon Shot and Neon Ball?

Pardon me, but where’s the dungeon? The rooms? The dungeon gimmicks? These are a collection of interesting enemies, but I see little context to see how they interact with each other…

A little issue is with the event boss. It looked like it had 4 frames of walking, when the max is 2 frames for walking, and 2 frames for attacking.

Here’s some great standards that you can use to aim on. You don’t have to be exact with the level of detail, but you can see how it creates a dungeon

I’m usually not the type of person that would generally critique everything in a dungeon idea, but I’d like to do that here.

Theme

Tell me, what do an angel, king, and random knight have to do with the large idea of chaos? When I think of entropy, I certainly don’t think of a holy messenger from a higher being, the ruler of a kingdom, or a warrior of valor and honor. The sprites and names don’t reflect this, as it could work if they were made with this theme in mind.

Design

The enemy designs seem to rely extremely heavily on either shotgun or omnidirectional attacks. It’s entirely possible to make a dungeon featuring neither type of attack, but the majority of them make use of this model, which seems incredibly stale. Try incorporating more varied attack types, like spirals (which you’ve done a little bit of).

Art

Contrary to popular opinion, I’m not a huge fan of the art style. It doesn’t match RotMG’s style that well. It’s decent art, just not for RotMG.

Unfinished

As @BaraBlazer said, this dungeon is missing some key things, like layout. All you’ve given us is some enemies and items, with no actual dungeon.

Overall

I don’t really like this concept. It seems somewhat lazy in design, if I must be honest, and the art doesn’t match very well.
4/10. You put some effort into it, but you either didn’t put enough effort in or didn’t use that effort effectively.

I like the sprites of most of your monsters. The king shoud be modified a bit. I’d like to see more information about the layout of the dungeon. I love the web ring, but the star is in my opinion too good, especially because it gives you such control over when to use armored or not, and because… well pets. A maxed one would allow the user to use this ability for more than 15 secs with for example an expo. That is like permanent gameplay-wise. That’s the game fault, not yours.

You would need to find some way to balance it. One option would be for that ability to give a huge MP buff (+100?) while increasing its cost to 100 MP/sec. A rare pet would then use it for 4,5 seconds, and a divine for 6,3 seconds. Adjust the release cost accordingly, to something like 120. 4-6 seconds of armored would be too op if you had a tiered star control over when to use it.

I believe English is not his first language. So that’s why there may be some spelling you find weird

hmm, maybe.

The UT wand you would be introducing seems really underpowered. It does introduce a good mechanic though. Maybe if you buffed the damage to 75 average and only had there be three shots it would be worth.

try dps calculator if i change shots to 3 it will start shot “strange”

4shots

3shots

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.