Rushing Guide (more or less)

I mentioned rushing in my previous guide that talked about the Necromancer class. I decided to focus on that for the next guide, which is this one. I’m going to review a lot of things that the RealmEye Wiki says, plus more to add on to your experience and knowledge.

What Is Rushing / Why Should I Rush?

Rushing is one of the main practices in RotMG. It is to quickly run through rooms of the dungeon without stopping to clear them (completely killing every monster). The purpose of rushing is to get to the Boss of the dungeon as fast as possible, whether it’s to get the first few hits in before the rest of the group, or to simply save the hassle of killing and clearing (thus saving time).

Knowing Which Class To Use

To successfully rush, you must know which classes to use. Wizards and Sorcerers have the hardest time rushing, since they are often slow un-maxed. However, they have the ability to blow apart enemies, which can be great if you can somehow fix the SPD problem.

Below are as well as the reasonings:

• Rogue
    Pros - Arguably the best rusher in the game. You are able to turn Invisible, being able to bypass enemies with them not even noticing. If you have a Planewalker, you can even Teleport.

Cons - It’s usually the times when you are un-cloaked when bad things will happen. If you don’t have a reliable MP-healing pet, this will be common for you, and un-cloaked, you can die very easily.

Neutral - Other players cannot teleport to you when you are cloaked. This can be a good thing because you can quickly get your soulbound damage in on Bosses. However, if the enemies are formidable, you may get yourself killed.

• Trickster
    Pros - An extremely effective rusher. You are able to teleport, avoiding incoming harm while sending a decoy that your enemies will be fooled by. With a UT Prism, you can even unleash bombs to clear out a few weaker enemies as you rush.

Cons - The class is one of the easiest to die on. Being very weak DEF-wise, one mistake can get you insta-killed. The Prism is also one of the hardest abilities to master. Teleporting and sending decoys require concentration, perfection, and multi-tasking.

• Assassin
    Pros - Well-equipped, the Assassin can be a decent rusher at times. His high SPD and decent DPS are good components for rushing some dungeons.

Cons - The Assassin’s slow-damaging Poison simply can’t catch up to the fast-paced rushing. With only his SPD and DPS his main pros of rushing and his ability not helping much, the Assassin isn’t exactly best rusher compared to other leather classes.

• Knight
    Pros - The ultimate tank class widely known for his classic rushing style - powering his way through. The Shield ability stuns and obliterates minions. When maxed, the Knight is extremely formidable.

Cons - With the lowest SPD of all melee classes and with not-that-good DPS, the Knight may not be able to reach the Boss first when it comes down to a competition of rushing, such as the Wine Cellar.

• Warrior
    Pros - The top damage-dealing class. With the Helm ability, which gives them a speed buff as well as an attack buff

• Paladin
    Pros - Actually a pretty good class to rush on. With decent DEF and SPD, the Paladin can easily make his way through dungeons. The Seal gives you a good DPS buff as well as a pretty powerful heal. Half HP? One (or two) tap of Space and BOOM. Back to full.

Cons - Not a lot of DEF and not a lot of DPS, so Paladin-users must find where to draw the line at tanking and killing. Not the best SPD.

Note: The Paladin is one of the few classes I’ve maxed (past or present), so I kinda know what I’m talking about.

• Mystic
    Pros - Being able to Stasis enemies, and with the Orb of Conflict, give yourself speed and DPS buffs, the Mystic is one of the best rushers out of the robe classes. Many classes are forced to plow through enemies and risk death, but the Mystic, with the Orb, offers the ability to Stasis enemies, temporarily freezing them.

Cons - Not exactly being the fastest class, Mystics without the ability to go Speedy may miss out much in rushing competitions, like in Wine Cellars.

• Priest
    Pros - The Priest can heal himself with the Tome ability, and with the Book of Geb, he can make himself Speedy. The Tome of Holy Protection is also a great item as it Armors you for 4 seconds. The Tome of Pain is a handy tome that damages nearby enemies. Even the Tome of Holy Guidance (T6) gives the user a speed boost. Remember that these are additions to the powerful heals.

Cons - Without a Tome of Holy Protection, most Priests cannot dive into the thick of monsters, as you can easily be insta-killed, and your tiered healing Tomes can do nothing to help you. Unfortunately, a lot of rushing involves running into groups of enemies and plowing through.

• Sorcerer
    Pros - The Sorcerer’s Scepter can be used to demolish enemies and clear way for rushing. Also, his wand’s piercing allows multiple enemies to be damaged at once.

Cons - The Sorcerer is one of the rarer classes that rush. He doesn’t have much DPS to quickly make way for rushing. His SPD isn’t too great, either.

Note: I may get a few disagreements here. To clarify, I’m not saying that the Sorcerer is super bad at rushing. Well-equipped Sorcerers can most definitely rush.

• Wizard
    Pros - The Wizard’s staff is handy for quickly killing any enemies that get in the way. His Spell is also very useful, being able to blow up and damage several enemies at once. Well-equipped and with reliable pets, Wizards can be decent rushers.

Cons - Low SPD and weak DEF weighs down the Wizard when rushing.

• Archer
    Pros - The Archer’s Quiver is a great help when rushing. Being able to paralyze enemies, it gives players a chance to slip through rooms. Quivers don’t cost too much MP, either, so spamming them once in a while is possible. The bows’ three shots also prove useful because they can quickly mow down enemies much quicker.

Cons - The Archer’s SPD is on the lower side, and the Quiver requires precision to paralyze all enemies in the room.

• Huntress
    Pros - Quite similar to the Archer, the Huntress can slow enemies down with her Trap, and her bow can quickly mow down enemies. The Huntress also has decent SPD when maxed, allowing you to get through the dungeons quicker.

Cons - Un-maxed, the Huntress is quite slow, and only being able to Slow doesn’t help as much as fully paralyzing or stunning .

• Ninja
    Pros - A great class for rushing. A nice SPD and speed boost from the ability give the Ninja an edge when running for competition. With his piercing katana and solid DPS, he can quickly kill enemies as he runs through the dungeon.

Cons - The Ninja’s low DEF make him vulnerable to death, making him a very risky class to play.

• Samurai
    Pros - Decent DEF and a piercing katana make it actually a pretty good class to rush with. The Wakizashi somewhat helps with killing enemies.

Cons - Low SPD makes it not the best class to rush with.

Note: I’ve never fully played the Samurai all the way through ('cause I’m been into the Necromancer lately), so I apologize if I got stuff wrong).

Things to Remember When Rushing

Rushing advanced dungeons is a serious game of high risks and high rewards. Rushing these require expensive equipment, and if you make one mistake, your character can die and you can lose everything. Below are a couple things that you could do.

• Remember to have lots of MP, you’ll need to use it very frequently

• Use specific types of armor that give you rush-friendly stats (SPD, WIS, MP)
    These include

• Snakeskin Armor (for newer players)

• Leaf Dragon Hide Armor

• Harlequin Armor

• Spectral Cloth Armor

• Behemoth Armor (any)

• Coral Silk Armor

• Apiary Armor

• Woodland Robe (for newer players)

• Water Dragon Silk Robe

• Robe of Twilight

• Fire Dragon Battle Armor

• Zaarvox’s Heart

• Use a ring that provides rush-friendly stats (SPD, WIS, MP)

• Fairy Ring (for newer players)
    • Speed Ring (not really recommended, but they can help)
    • Candy Ring (sacrifices MP and WIS for SPD and VIT, may not be good)
    • Coral Ring
    • Twilight Gemstone
    • Ring of the Nile
    • Magical Lodestone
    • Sourcestone
    • Omnipotence Ring (be careful, you don’t wanna lose it…)

That’s it for now. Hope you enjoyed.

-GammaGamer

there really isn’t that much of a rushing guide if it’s so broad.

I mean different dungeons require different strategies.

Like sewers paladins just have a field trip.

i personally recommend an hp ring if you have a decent hp heal. Also since you rush you dont have time to hideand heal.

i really do not recommend someone rush on something like resu. Even if you are knight (which is one of the few classes that benefit while rushing for having more mp) if your regen can’t keep up, its pretty pointless. The only classes maybe would be trickster, priest and maybe paladin? But honestly things like just tops are better. You can use csilk, leaf hides and such. But honestly tops do better usually

not really. I mean if u want spd on them. But for tops, i use vengance armor a lot and such.

i mean if you are killing things you are probably doing it wrong.

one thing to note is that he is sometimes too fast and will run to get
1- shot gunned
2- run into a lot of bullets
3- off of safe platforms (eg. abyss lava).

But this also depends on where you rush, like abyss would be pretty bad, but something easier like wc, its probably one of the best

honestly sorceror is one of the better robe rushers compared to something like wizard because he has a lot higher speeds than others at 60. Fulmi is also decent, easier to use than quiver and traps.

this highly depends on where you are rushing, like abyss sure. But like i see people rush lh using teired i think. Honestly, priest is one of the best rushers even without prot, except some situations like abyss (with no prot). Although i rushed priest in abyss with tome of pain, it was quite fun.

honestly that doesnt even matter, and i would say that its speed is above average. 60 + speedy boost is pretty decent only beat by ninja, warrior, daggers.

you forgot cons of accidently running into things.

you dont seem to give him enough credit, his speed is no problem, although losing to the other two dagger and ninja. Probably not warrior. His main problem is his def, but like i said before, highly dependent on the locations

im starting to get curious what you are rushing? you really dont need to dps. Also bombs are pretty useless while rushing. Its not that easy to die on, even if i tp on something, i still ahve a decent buffer zone. Sending decoy’s is pretty useless for the most part since they go int he same direction as you.

also when other people tp to you, you fail

I wouldn’t really call this a guide lol, just pros and cons of each class for rushing

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.