Rushing Mountain Temple

I have a Rouge with Planewalker and Ghostly, a Priest with Prot and Puri, Knight with a reskin T6 shield, Mystic with many orbs (Aether, T6, ST orb, and Enchantment orb), dont mind the Ninja and Huntress.

Using one of these, how do I rush a MT effectively, I have a lot of MT keys that I need to use up.

In all honesty, rogue is probably the best bet. Many enemies can’t be stasised or stunned, and the enemies dish out a lot of status effects which can screw over any rusher, Quiet and Confuse and Paralyse to name a few. With rogue you can wait in relatively safe rooms (let’s say, the Corrupted Spearmen who only Slow if they hit you - that won’t screw you over too much!) to wait for the cloak cooldown to finish up and run through the more scary ones while cloaked (Quiet especially from the Corrupted Armours).

I’m pretty sure Corrupted Casters still trigger even while you’re cloaked. Be careful of that.

A lot of the rooms also have terrain such as rocks or trees - teleporting behind these or ducking behind them can help you dodge a few shots or heal up if things get hectic.

If you get paralysed, the Planewalker should get you out of most bad situations. Focus on teleporting away from enemies to somewhere safe mostly rather than into the next room (even on the opposite side of the room you’re in will do). You want to get these done quick, but don’t take too many unnecessary risks and increase the odds of you having to nexus.

If you don’t have a decent mheal pet, a lot of the enemies have really basic chase behaviours so you can hide behind a wall and they’ll stay put on the other side, so you can wait there to get your mana back. If you’re planning to back out of the boss room during the fight, it might be a good idea to clear the room just before Daichi.

Don’t forget that clearing all the lamps gives you a chance at STs the boss won’t drop, and a good chance for two extra potions - it might be worth considering clearing, but you do you.

Hope this helps! :blush:

plane rogue is the best bet imo. you can run through rooms with the spear and arrow guys fairly easily, what you need to watch out for the most are these bastards:

like orsome mentioned they can and will attack even if you’re cloaked. what orsome didn’t mention is that they attack much faster when you’re cloaked instead of their regular attack speed. between this and the number of them that spawn in a single group, this can easily flood the entire room with confusion-inducing projectiles. best strategy to get around them is to find a safespot amid the shot spam (shouldn’t be too difficult since they don’t move around) or wait just outside the room. once your cloak wears off, the casters will slow down their attacks and start to move towards you. teleport around them (into the next room if you can) and keep running.

it’s also critically important to watch out for these:

8EMLn7F

it should go without saying, but if you get quieted you’re done for. these guys shoot out very fast quieting shots and come with a mob of minions to finish you off once your cloak is ruined.

lastly, a general rushing tip: just because it’s called “rushing” doesn’t mean you must always be moving forward. make sure to give yourself room to breathe and approach rooms carefully and methodically, simply running through the dungeon as fast as possible is a death sentence. if there’s an enemy that will mess you up blocking the quickest path through a room, don’t ignore it and barrel through regardless. if you need to pause to regen hp and/or catch your breath, make sure you actually take that pause instead of charging through more enemies. I’m pretty sure the only two dungeons in the entire game where this tip does not apply are sprite world and snake pit, it’s a useful skill to work on.

Don’t rush, do not recommend. I would argue that MT is tied for the hardest dungeon to rush in the game, along with nest (cult is also very hard but pretty easy with a high mheal mystic).

But if you insist, don’t go rogue because of the reason Xak mentioned. Those fkers shoot like crazy when ur cloaked, the safe spots Xak talked about don’t exist if there are too many in a room.

Trickster is probably your best bet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.