Rushing Thread

Everyone post your tips on how to rush a specific dungeon here (it can be on a specific class too)! My example:

Rushing a WLAB
Basically, all you have to do is have higher than 40 Spd. Run through all the rooms, avoid engaging any enemies, and try to avoid all turret shots whenever possible.

Rushing a Tomb on a Mystic
Stasis all enemies in your way while rushing. Run through the bombs, avoid the electric and freeze towers.

Abyss on a Warrior
Have an ASS. Press space bar sparingly, or you’ll speed into lava and take a butt load of damage. At maxed attack, ASS will one hit all the demons. If you have a jugg it’s even easier.

Every Other Glands Dung on a Warrior
…
Just press space bar.

Shatters on Jugg Boi
Yay more space bar

Essentially press space bar if u have jugg ngl

Weirdly enough I think rushing while abbys, mmace is one of the better swords since it covers both the back and front of the char with its slow projectile speed.

ok actual useful info on rushing an abyss. i would actually not be able to figure trhat out, so thank you!

Oddly enough, I find it easier to avoid the lava while being speedy. It might be from my vast hours in the game, but higher speeds make it easier for me to dodge.

I find that being speedy makes blasting off the tiles into lava much easier. Thats why I prefer jugg especially in an abyss

I feel you. I think it’s all just personal preference, as you like what you’re used to. I play a lot of trickster so I’m used to going fast all the time. In fact I rush abysses often on my trickster and I think it’s probably the fastest rushing class for abysses. It’s worth a shot in trying if you haven’t already.

How to rush a tomb on a rogue!

if you have 2 seconds

Step 1: Press space
Step 2: Move

if you have more than 2 seconds

Don’t always be so trigger happy on turning invisible. If you’re in a rather sparse room with few enemies chasing you, no need to waste mp (and a cooldown) to turn invisible. Invisiblity is more important when you have to run past groups of Jackals and the Tomb Gang (Lion Archers, Eagle Sentries, Jackal Priests)
Planewalker is great for getting out of paralyzes in a pinch.
Turrets and traps still fire while you’re cloaked, and the lion archers will occassionally let out a few paralyze arrows even if you’re cloaked.
Hugging walls is usually safer and more efficient, since its easier to find splits off of rooms.

Rushing Pirate Cove on a Warrior

Have a Jugg, a 77 MHeal pet or better, and 78 wis or more. Press space everytime you can, make sure you clear out the lil’ pirated before the duration wears out. Do not stop pressing space ever.

Have fun with your hard earned pirate rum!

Actually recently, I rushed a sewer for the first time using trickster and I was suprised with the results. Basically everyone I’ve talked to claimed that rogue was the best sew class but I personally believe that trickster just straight out outclasses rogue and I’ve tried with both.

First, use a t0 prism. It costs a mere 60 mp per teleport and leaves behind a decoy that generally stops monsters from following you. Second, stay away frow the sewage. Because you can jump around walls, there is no reason to enter the sewage and endure the sick effect. Third, stay away from quiet. As long as you can tp, you can delay death. It’s really quite easy and because you don’t have to actually ever enter sewage (which you would have to do while playing rouge unless you wanted to wait 6.5 seconds per room) you can always keep your health up.

However, the biggest advantage of plaing trickster actually comes after the rush. With a ghostly prism, you can complete gulpord’s splitting stage immediately after he becomes vulnerable

Rushing with ninja

Sprites: You can’t really take that much damage from anything but the sprite gods so just hold that space key and go!!

UDL: With a decent amount of def and a 70/70 pet, you can do basically the same thing as you do in sprites. Without, you may want to be a bit more careful. Rush past basic rooms but slow down and kill the monsters that give the slow and quiet effect. Always stop before slime rooms and evaluate whether you can rush through and stay alive or whether you should slowly clear.

Sew: KILL EVERYTHING IN YOUR WAY. If you ever drop below 60ish % health, just back off and try to heal up a bit. Remember ninja, (unless you got a bunch of def), can only take a limited amount of hits. I would personally recommend a t12 katana for killing because most other katanas are limited by the size of the room.

Abyss: Abyss is a scary place for ninjas. Even though I have a incredibly powerful pet and I had a incredibly powerful ninja, I sometimes had troubles rushing abysses on ninja. If you really want to rush, you may want to first get a kageboshi (for the extra defence) and some form of ring that offers def (ubdef, pyra, bracer) Remember when rushing, def likely matters more then hp. Then, hold that space key and hit whatever is in view. Use a high dps katana such as sullen blade or t12-13 and remember to maneuveur around lava.

OT: Dodge. Never get below 50% health, and never, unless you’re actually good at dodging, try to rush past those seahorses. Once more, keep a t12 katana so you can quickly destroy crowds before crowds destroy you. Don’t worry about speed so much because you’re char matters more then a cbow or ctrap(or you shouldn’t really be rushing anyway)

Tomb: Keep a high tiered katana. Don’t get paralyzed, always be speedy and don’t stop moving.

Nest/Halls: Don’t

Rushing Tombs on a Non-Rushing Class: Tomb rooms look really scary, but are actually surprisingly easy to rush on any class. I’d recommend you have maxed either speed or defense. Most important thing to dodge is the slow, black arrows, which paralyze you. If there is a Jackal Lord in a hallway or in a room entrance, slowly drag it out, then quickly rush past it to the next room. Unless you want the accuracy fame bonuses, keep shooting behind you to kill any Scarabs. Avoid the blue and yellow swarms.

Rushing Tombs: Just dodge lmao. It’s not hard.

But seriously, as for actual rushing, I find puri priests the best for Tombs. The only hard part of tomb rushing is the confuse shots from those scarab spawners, which is countered via puri.

I think it’s the black arrows that are dangerous. As long as you know confuse controls, you’re fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.