Salty deaths anyone?

My first thought when I read “Salty deaths” was

On-topic, I once lost a 6/8 Warrior w/ Jugg to a browser problem. I haven’t looted another Jugg since. That anecdote motivated me to begin using the Flash Player instead of a browser (as I always say, “learn from every death”), but I’m still slightly peeved over that one.

Once in summertime I lost a 7/8 knight because I was rubberbanding insanely hard. There was an ava nearby and apparently it killed me while i was banding?

I had my ogmur and pixie in my inventory …
this was 2 days ago

I had a 6/8 character about a month ago i was running shatters with like 8 buddies and we killed the forgotten king and we was like hooping on skype yelling and crap and then baBAM my friend who had a 7/8 archer (his health was like 30/880 and then a minion from another room kills him :smile: it was pretty funny! he was pissed we gave him some good stuf though :smile:

Lost a 6/8 EP Wizard to a Beer God.

This feels a lot like this

My latest priest death. I spent 4 years farming for a bulwark, prot, and puri combo only for it all to be lost in a single day

Definitely this one. Was doing Esben and forgot he had the phase where he spews purple bullets, went straight in for the dblade and never came back out :cry:
He was one of my first 6/8s so I was pretty salty. And it was my first captain’s ring which I actually thought was good back then lol

###Allow me unload unholy saltiness upon you:

Probably my favorite dumb death. When I entered the dungeon with my guild, my screen was entirely black except for the mini-map and the inventory panel on the right side of the screen. I figured meh, I’m a god. I can do this. Got all the way to the boss. I sat on a lantern and got paralyzed, then shotgunned by boss. I instantly popped. All I saw on my screen was the little red enemy dot on the mini-map rush at me, and before I could do anything, I was dead.

The OT was lagging really badly. We had killed the boss and I was sitting on what I thought was the vent. The lag was so much that my health bar ticked down from the suffocation. My guild mates in the OT said that they saw my grave appear a few tiles from the vent, and then a few seconds later, the gravestone TP’d to the vent. That’s how bad the lag was.

This one there were a ton of mares and nasty things in the first room next to the spawn. I tried to rush the OT, failed on the first room and TP’d back to spawn. I proceeded to rush back into the same room, get paralyzed, and then sat there for several seconds before dying as I tried to TP back to spawn again. I forgot that there is a 10 second TP timer. RIP me for being dumb.

@moderators Move to Death Thread?

Just recollecting memorable deaths of our past. Different enough for me.

[Ditto—works for me. OB]

I died in an instant to avatar, accidentally hit one of those confuse shots and ended up careening into like 10 more. Died before I could even blink. TLDR: Don’t avatar with maxed melee unless you have undying hacks ;-;

Jesus lord the fact that you brought an ogmur into a shatters. omg. Wait… you also brought a Resu??? Okay that’s gotta be the dumbest thing- wait no, YOU ALSO BROUGHT A BRACER. Pumpdaddyc maybe you have yet to learn this but the shatters is a cruel mistress, anything she gives she will always take back given the chance. 3 of my ex guildies have had their first shatters white lost to a shatters.

ALso bringing an 8/8 to a shatters is kinda dumb unless you’re filthy rich.

I’m pretty sure the keyboard lag is just because you clicked off the screen while you were walking forward, so when you let go of the key it doesn’t register with realm, and you continue walking forward.

While that can happen (and does to me often), responsible players know how to quickly stop it.

Perhaps @Pumpdaddyc experienced the actual lag where the game lags a bit and the server continues to register his last movement input which although could be still, but in his case was in a direction.

You may be on to something

Wow, while I’ve had a lot of experience with the first, I don’t think I’ve ever had a serious case of the second. If I continue playing I probably will though, with the lag starting to occur more often. I dunno why it happens, but it does.

Are you saying he is rich? Or are you just agreeing with my philosophy of how to not lose good characters in a shatters?

Well that means you probably have a good computer and if so the lag you probably get the most is server lag aka rubberbanding

True, I rarely lagged before a month ago, when the lagfest happened. But now I don’t play realm, as school has started once again, and I must study more and play less.