Samurai build?

Sup boys,
Was planning to make a Samurai, just wanted to know if it’s worth maxing in the first place.
Also, what build would be best for the samurai? I got the waki from shaitans the other day which is pretty blessed.

Thanks boys

this is the most important piece, as long as you have that it’s hard to go wrong. as for armor/ring, anything you’d be willing to put on warrior or paladin works, probably tiered armor + hp ring or a fairy plate. katanas depend a bit more on preference. some people still like doku, but I would never use it. void blade can be useful for dragging gods and such, but glands is already where samurai excels the most so it might not be as needed as ninja. kazekiri (samurai st katana) is a godsend because it can attack through obstacles, though once again it’s not nearly as useful as it is for ninja because the wakizashi destroys things through obstacles already. sullen blade atm is almost useless, though once it becomes the celestial blade shown in the LoD PT it’ll probably work really well with samurai’s defense.

First things first, you have a 70/70 pet, strong and useful :smiley:
So, I believe that they recently improved the stats of the samourai so I would personally go with a t12 katana or a doku if you have one. I really don’t see ray as a viable swapout due to the fact that you’re already wearing a heavy armor but if you really want to stay extra safe, grind for a ray. Void blade is never a bad weapon to have around and the firecracker katana (now the sullen blade?) could be nice if you’re able to get close. Personally, I don’t think you’ll ever have to stray away from a good ol’ doku or t12 katana so obtain one of those first.

As for abilities, as noted, you already have one of the better ones. If you can, get a t6 but a t5 is “good enough”. You might also want to farm for the one that drops from woodland the next time that the event comes around but I don’t play enough samourai to know.

For armors, just go for a classic tiered defence giving armor. Actually, now that the base cap for samourai is 30, you could also just go and wear one of the weaker armors, such as fplate or fire battle which offer some offensive stats in exchange for a small sacrifice of def.

For rings, go with any classical rings you would put on any other class. Remember that the current samourai is basically a paladin with a weaker ability but a more useful weapon.

Gonna hard recommend Fairy Plate or a tiered one to have as a primary one (acrop vs fairy plate is just 4 defense), but don’t be like me and use breastplate because you’ll just lose that extra 160 HP in seconds and it won’t make much of a difference and the lack of extra defense will start costing you. Have fun with Mercy’s Bane/Fire Dragon like Xaklor said, if you want that extra dps

Any katana is good, if you find yourself trying to poke stuff on the edge of your range try doku or ray.

As for wakis, the Waki from shaitan is fantastic and in my opinion the only one you may ever need. If you’re interested in playing around the exposed status then the one from wlab (if you somehow don’t have it after the event) is worth a look at.

As for ring options, UBHP/Decas are a standard, but I’ve found Nile/Sourcestone to be nice for extra ability use, and the speed boost is great if you’re rushing.

My first Samurai, which had over 2000 live fame when it died, had Doku, t5 Waki, Acrop and Nile, which is one option. I did get have any UT Waki before it died, but now have a Waki of Eastern Winds and much prefer it. The Shaitans Waki looks good too.

It’s the sort of class that is fine with just tiered gear, with lots of UT options if you have them. Apart from the Waki a Doku is a straight upgrade (though less important for a Samurai than Ninja due to its higher def), and any good Tomb, Shatts or other good ring. I would stick with Acrop for its def though: even with the def buff Samurai doesn’t have the high def of a Warrior (with helm) or Knight.

Don’t get fooled by the seemingly “better” stats of the shaitan waki, unless you’re in of the rare situations where it lets you hit more shots than t6, it has less dmg/mp, less range and less exposed.

It isn’t

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.