Samurai (update 4 sprite poll/rocket sprites)

Samurai

The Samurai uses heavy armor, a katana, and carries around a rocket to blow his enemies right out of the realm.

To unlock the Samurai: Reach level 20 with warrior and level 20 with Ninja

• Vote on your favorite sprite or add your own in the comments so I can add it in.
  • Samurai 1
  • Samurai 2

0 voters

Starting equipment

Weapon- Katana

Special Ability- Rocket

Heavy Armor- None

Ring- None

MAX STATS
HP-770
MP-252
ATK-60
DEF-25
SPD-55
DEX-55
VIT-65
WIS-50

More info on the Rocket
I choose the rocket, because samurai used Japanese fire arrows, which were basically medieval rockets. I think a rocket would be unique, interesting, and fun to use. The Rocket would fire a little slower then the quiver, but passes over obstacles like the quiver. The rocket either explodes from initial contact to an enemy or wall, and if it reaches the end of its range then it also explodes. The explosion would be like the rock candies from candyland and would last for around 2 seconds, so there would be those small little explosions within the radius of where the rocket exploded for around 2 seconds. Higher tier rockets would cause the effect of daze for around 3 seconds(reducing enemy projectile rate of fire by a certain amount) allowing the Samurai and his team to get a little closer to get damage in.

Estimated stats of rockets
T0- Initial damage: 75
Explosions damage: 10
Range: 10, explosion radius:
MP cost: 40
Reload: 2.5 sec

T1- Initial: 125
Explosions: 15
Range: 10, radius: 3.5
MP: 55

T2- Initial: 200
Explosions: 25
Range: 10, radius: 4
MP: 65

T3- Initial: 300
Explosions: 30
Range: 10, Radius: 4
Daze:(reduce rate of fire 10%) 3 sec
MP: 90

T4- Initial: 425
Explosions: 40
Range: 10, Radius: 4.5
Daze: (reduce rate of fire 15%)3.5 sec
MP: 110

T5- Initial: 450
Explosions: 45
Range: 10, radius 5
Daze: (reduce rate of fire 25%) 4 sec
MP: 120

T6- Initial: 475
Explosions: 50
Range: 10, radius 5
daze: (reduce rate of fire 30%) 4.5 sec
MP: 140

WHO?
Who would want to play samurai. The samurai is not just a beefier counterpart to the only other katana user the ninja. He is unique, because he is the only heavy armored character who doesn’t use a sword. This means he has the ability to pierce and a slightly longer range, but he does not do quite as much damage as the other melees with their swords. He is not as fast as a warrior, not as beefy as a knight, nor does he have the ability to heal like a pally. He shines with his special ability comes in. This allows him to damage from a distance while doing spread damage and then using the daze as his chance to get closer. His weakness being the reloading time for the rocket and his lower DPS compared to the other melee classes.

Samurai (SPRITES IN PROGRESS) by JudgeBOZ
The Shogun (Original Class Idea)

I’d like specifics on the rocket/flaming arrow(?). Not exactly the most original idea out there, but it has potential. I’m going to calc some things quickly on Pfiffel…

Now here’s the calcs:
Red is for the Knight, which is extremely similar to this class, being tanky while using short range melee weapons.
Green is for Rogue. It’s comparable to this class because in comparison to its dagger counterparts, it sacrifices DPS in exchange for survivability.
Weird pink-blue color is for the ninja. I don’t think I need to explain why I included this.
Finally, black is for the class you suggest.

Honestly, this class needs some rebalancing. It’s got less bulk and less DPS than a Knight, whose ability is very similar to the one you propose. The Rogue is overall better, with an arguably more useful ability as well as higher DPS and more flexibility in terms of what it can achieve. The Ninja may not be tanky, but its DPS far outstrips the competition. Now where’s the incentive to use this class? I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t be using any of these other classes over this. Hell, functionally even Assassin has some similarities to it, being a moderate DPS class that can use his ability to clear mobs. I don’t see incentive, a unique ability or niche, or any way to justify using this class other than to get some more stars. 4/10 has potential, needs plenty of improvement.

Thanks for your input! ok I’ll try and improve the idea.

Needs more dex.

love this!

Yes totally agree after looking at the Pfiffel graph. Im going to make some revisions.

Thanks! I really enjoy any feed back I’m going to try and make this as legit as possible

Moved to Ideas, Classes.

Not really sure what to think of this. Not really a good idea critic lol. I think this is baisicaly an anti ninja. He has high def and vit but low spd/dex/wis not really that excited about another melee to tank everything. With the same equips it will have only 5 less def than a knight. plus more range on weapon and a long ranged abil. Also you need to come up with the abil items. that is part of the class and is what makes the idea complete. I sugest it to be more like pally. lower the def to 30. specify range on abil, preferably 4-6 tiles. specify damage on abil. lower wis to 50, maybe. I think you should up spd to 55 like pally and attk to 65. idk just my thoughts. I like the “history lesson” you did :wink:

Also some great idea critics are:
Atrapper
Scorchmist
RMGNoob
and the famed
Xaklor

you can @ them if you want their opinions

btw
#Welcome to the forums @Gnargoth
Have a :cookie:

(did I do it right?)

um…
make it 25?

Ok well Im glad to hear everyones opinion, because as most people can see I’ve played for a couple years, but I’m still a noob. Im more of trying to put everyones opinions and ideas into a finished product then from going totally from scratch. Thanks for the welcome and advice!

you want me to @ some better idea critic ppl? I must warn you they’re a bit harsh on bad ideas :astonished:
(not saing yours is bad just coming from expirence, actually rlly like this.)

Wondering why 25 def, but im sure you have a good reason. I gave it 35 def originally, because unlike the warrior he does not have as much speed to dodge or the healing power of the pally. I think 35 might be a bit much thought, so I’m thinking maybe 30, since he has a long ranged special.

Well if I ever want this to be legit I need some good critics, so if you want to then sure.

ok then

@RMGnoob
@Xaklor
@Atrapper
@Scorchmist

Katana classes get almost as much range as a dagger with doku, and more with the ray katana.
That amount of defense would be crazy (Wearing Fire Battle armor would be more than viable, since it would still have more def than the dagger classes)

This is actually funny because before i read this i was the thinking the same thing

Ok thank you that is a great point. 25 does sound a lot more reasonable with that in mind. I was only thing of the t1-t6 katanas.

I’d love to do a thorough review of this once there are a few sprites in :slight_smile:

I saw this idea earlier. I chose not to comment or review it, as it’s a Samurai idea. I’ve always had the same opinion of Samurai ideas: they’d be OP with the higher range and similar damage to melees found in katanas, but with the increased Defense of heavy armor.

I’m not going to rate it, as it’d be kind of biased.