Samurai (update 4 sprite poll/rocket sprites)

You lost me at the part where you put daze on a heavy armor class’ tiered ability

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

Okay, well do you think it would be better if their was only a daze on an UT rocket that is really rare?

sprite looks really unoriginal, looks like a knight combined with a darker warrior.

Ok, thanks good to know when I try and make another version.

Since I have no spriting skills at all, I found this sprite picture online.

not bad
work on shading?

lololol read what I said above dude

lol I know, I am just saying the final product for this idea should have better shading

Dont want to copy, but I like the idea.

Yeah maybe ill take a few things from this add my own twist and try to get some better shading.

You say it is unlocked by level 20 war and ninja? But to unlock ninja you need to level 20 warrior and rogue :P, I would say knight would fit better than warrior anyways being you are changing its ability to daze(pretty op to be on a tiered ability, we all already know that knight is already op to be able to stun the enemy on melee, especially since tiered katanas have 4.75 range and doku at 5.2) instead of stun.

this would be AWESOME

That should be impossible.

Add a cdown.

Ok yes I am trying to thinknof ways to improve right now. Thanks for thw input!

Thank you!!! I think so too, sorry I havnt responded in forever, I’m trying to work on a polished version of this rn.

Does anybody else feel that when an ST set comes out for the ninja it’d be really cool if it was a samurai sprite and if the set additional bonus made the ninja a tank?

welp, I can’t really offer too many criticisms but the ones I will offer up are here:

1. you have 50 more hp than a ninja with 7 more defense, and yet 10 less atk and minus 20 dex (when you factor in the ninja’s +5 dex from hydra). honestly, I believe it should be increased to 30 defense and 60 dex, making the 20 dex and 10 atk gap a little bit more… manageable.

2. Come up with a name other than “Daze”, as that already exists in the game and would end up feeling very misleading and a betrayal of trust between player and game if I (or some other knowledgeable player) finds out that there’s not just two, but three different types of daze. Please, we don’t need more variants of an effect with the same name for all three.

3. you’re not planning on making the “daze” apply to the explosion, right? then the 2 second cool-down wouldn’t matter as long as the rocket hits an enemy virtually anywhere in the general vicinity of the boss, not a direct hit to the boss. Piercing enemies might be a good change to play around with.

4. for the love of god give us your stat-gains-per-level. Yes, we can assume defense, MP and HP, but… yeah.

5. eh, I feel like the t6 explosion damage should end at 200 damage rather than 50, and change the 475 to 325 (initial target it hits still ends at 525). Also, reduce MP on t6 to 115 and change accordingly.

6. your “TL;DR” of why we should care is very much a case of damned by faint praise, as you yourself say “people will play it because it breaks the precedent of only melee classes get to claim melee tanking” (more accurately, “He is unique, because he is the only heavy armored character who doesn’t use a sword”. Also, assuming the daze still applies to those hit by the explosion, it isn’t hardly a weakness for it to take 2.5 seconds to reload if the effect lasts 4-4.5 seconds.

lol i am stupid

I think it should have around 45-50 spd but have 30-35 def since it is a heavy armour class after all

Easy solution to all your problems, just give it leather armor (if you want it to be tankier than give it 30 def stat cap)
Advantages of leather armor with a slightly higher def cap would be it’s ability to use the lower def leather armors that provide multiple bonuses, for instance, it can sacrifice some of its def for harlequin armor since it would have a higher def cap and allow you to use your rocket more often.