Sanguimancer

06eSQ0U
Katana - Doll - Robe - Ring
5IcyciL

The sanguimancer is a glass tank with a slight focus on dps, as contradictory as that sounds. She can temporally boost her ability to absorb damage but takes damage and can’t heal while doing so. Afterwards leaving herself vulnerable. After she takes damage she can deal it back as an AOE attack kind of like a reverse priest.

max stats:
HP 800, MP 85, DEF 10, VIT 85, WIS 40, ATK 60, DEX 70, SPD 60
Average at 20:
HP 690, MP 65, DEF 0, VIT 55, WIS 20, ATK 35, DEX 40, SPD 35
At 0:
HP 200, MP 25, SPD 5

Unlocked by reaching level 20 with necromancer and samurai

Dolls deal damage to the user in order to unleash powerful AOE effects. All dolls with a held key effect can be used without holding the key to use 30mp and give the user healing for 3s. All dolls get +1 tile of range for every 15 wis past 30, and +3% more damage for every 5 wis past 35 (of the damage that would be dealt, it doesn’t boost 50% damage to 53%, it boosts it to 51.5%)

Makeshift fetish t0: A simple witches fetish made from twigs and string
20 MP, inflict bleed on self and all enemies within 4 tiles for 3s.

Corn doll t1: Dried corn leaves fashioned into a simple doll
While key is held drain 5 mp and 5 health a second, inflict on self bleed and sick on self,
on release deal 1/10th of the damage you took while was held to all enemies in 4 tiles.

Haunting rattle t2: The eerie sound this rattle produces unnerves all who hear
+3 def
While key is held drain 5mp and 10hp, inflict on self sick and bleed and +10 def, inflict on enemies within 5 tiles bleed.

Sewing cushion t3: A small pillow for storing loose needles
+4 def
30 mp, inflict on self bleed for 1s, throw a needle that does 40 damage and inflicts bleed for 5s.
Cooldown 2s.

Stuffy doll t4: Its likeness is eerily similar to someone you know
+7 def
While key is held drain 5 mp and 20 hp, inflict on self sick and bleed and armored,
on release deal 1/4th of damage taken while key was held to enemies within 6 tiles

Childs sewn doll t5: An old childs toy, perfect for practicing your dark magics
+10 def
While key is held drain 10 mp and 25 hp, inflict on self sick and bleed and armored,
on release deal 1/2th of damage taken while key was held to enemies within 6 tiles

Voodoo doll t6: This powerful burlap trinket courses with the dark energy of an evil blood god
+10 def, +10 mp, +5 wis
While key is held drain 15 mp and 30 hp, inflict on self sick and bleed and armored and damaging,
on release deal 65% of damage taken to enemies within 5 tiles
Does not have the single press healing effect

Possessed porcelain doll UT: A wicked sanguimancers failed attempt to create a phylactory, now her soul remains forever prisoned
+15 def, +20 mp
55 mp, inflicts bleeding for 3s on the user, deals the user 100 damage, inflicts bleed on all enemies within 10 tiles for 2s, inflicts bleed for 5s on all enemies within 6 tiles, and does 950 damage to all enemies within 4 tiles.
Cooldown 6s.
Drops from Crauch, wicked reverie - wip

wut >.>

the mana max stat is kinda weird, is it supposed to be 85?

The sprites are okay and some are pretty reasonable, and the concept of a katana + robe class honestly kinda fits with the other two katana classes we have at the moment, but the stats are EXTREMELY… how do I say this… mangled. No class has THIS level of stat lopsided-ness to them in the game.

800 HP and 85 vit are both more than a heavy armor class, and 10 def is absolutely measly (With a GSorc, that’s a pathetic 23 def, less than any other def maxed class with No Armor).

85 MP is tiny, couldn’t you make it higher and just make the abilities use more mana instead? I mean, on average it takes a whopping 4 Potions of Mana to max.

The Ability concepts are something else, and are strangely unique, giving a huge defense bonus upon equip, and the higher tiered ones giving armored when the space bar is held down, in exchange for acting like the RotMG equivalent of the Bide move from Pokemon when the space bar is released, on top of inflicting bleeding to the user AND all enemies in a radius.

Overall, other than the strangely lopsided stats, I kinda like the concept. It just needs a bit of refinement.

what does that even mean? you mean glass cannon? tank implies tough, while glass does not?

the ability (which i had an awful time understanding sounds kinda like one my old ideas in one random thread.

yeah stats are weird…

sprites look weird too, maybe make them look more similar. like the 5th, 6th, 8tth are good. maybe just mold all of them the shape of the 6th/8th

Sounds cool. Its HP is increased so that it can use its ability often, and its regenerative stats too, but to counter that, its defense is lowered. I like it. It seems pretty unique.
I would lower its dexterity to 60 though.

The tiered dolls are all way different, which makes it kind of weird for tiered abilities. The effects keep changing from tier to tier.
Stats are also really weird. Vit 85 -> 75, mana 85 -> something in the hundreds, hp 800 -> 700’s.
Seems like nobody would play this

Really interesting idea. However, the jump from t3 to t4 is huge. Overall, t1 looks usable but I would probably never use either t0, t2, or t3 cause they just seem like utter trash. Also, the jump in power from t4 to t5 is a bit large

Not usable unless with a huge group that can heal and everything plus you would need to get closer to the boss which seem very difficult with most bosses unless it’s stunned ( O2 ). I wouldn’t see this being used much :confused:well at least, I wouldn’t be using it.

Might as well name it the useless suicidal class with a katana that when shot at, deals damage towards yourself for the loss of honor you bring to your family for playing this class, commit seppuku.

The problem with the ability is this: most enemies when you get good have a lot higher health than you. Why voluntarily take 300 damage, a significant amount, when even an easy boss like limon has 6000-ish health and that is practically nothing to it?

Originally the damage modifiers where closer to like 2x or 3x the amount taken, but after thinking about it for a while it seemed OP, but thinking about it again it seems more reasonable to put back up to 2-ish times.

I think stats are my only problem, the super low mana and def max make this maybe seem almost useless, otherwise the ability is creative

to be honest, bleed is too weak on enemies

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.