Scepter missing at close range at udl chest

pretty much the thread title though at some angles it’s ok and doesn’t happen that often tho.

That’s not really a bug. It’s just how the scepter’s arc works.

no i mean anywhere within the arc its not hitting at all, have to move to a different spot just for it to hit

Right. The scepter arc starts a little bit away from the player.

When you complain about your autotarget ability not autotargeting anymore. 1st world problems man.

For sorcerer, the best strategy is don’t stand right close to the chest, to make it more likely it is within your sceptre arc. It’s the base of the chest, I believe, where the hitbox is, so the nearer you are, the more accurate you have to be aiming at the hitbox.

I wrote a bit in a reply to patch notes when they narrowed it:

I think Atrapper might be making some assumptions, so let’s hear the full story first. What do you mean by “moving to a different spot” for it to work? Are you talking about perpendicular movement from the chest, or closer/farther movement? Any gifs would be nice.

Was moving left/right to readjust since forward and backward was still making me miss and yes i am aware on the 30 degree arc and am staying atleast 2-3 tiles away from chest.

Strange…is it just for the chest? See I can’t test because I don’t have a sorc alive, would be nice if you could include some pictures because I’m very confused right now.

Huh, definitely include some screenshots like Uniquorn said. I ran maybe 20 udl’s yesterday on my sorc, and it worked fine for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.