Scorpion Tunnel (WIP)

Similar idea to the Scorpion Lair by @Laserstorm
Sprites by @GammaGamer and @LaenAwesom
(Sprites will be edited)
It’s my first idea, woohoo.
I noticed that a lot of dungeons were revolved around real-life animals. That’s nice and all, but where’s the scorpion dungeon? We have the Scorpion Queen down there… so isn’t it completely plausible to make a scorpion dungeon?

So, here’s what I have for y’all today.

Enter the Scorpion Tunnel.
output_oKY9jx
It’s a simple three tombstone dungeon with some whites and some T8 - T11 gear. It’s different from the others, like Sprite World because the sprite minions inside really don’t drop that many items. So with enemies that give a lot of gear for new players as well as some pots (your farming area).

This dungeon drops from the Desert Scorpion, which spawns in the high deserts.
Desert Scorpion
Watch out, it’s poisonous!!
HP: 950
Def: 10
Exp: 175
Projectiles

• TYTDCuS
    Blood Strike
    Damage: 30
    Conditions: Bleeding for 3 secs
    Range: 3
    Amplitude: 0.5
    Frequency: 2
    Rate of Fire: 80%
  • KKMwl62
    AOE
    Damage: 60
    Conditions: N/A
    Radius: 5

Behavior
The Scorpion will rush at you until it is 3 tiles away from you. Then it will fire Blood Strike non-stop for 5 seconds, while constantly trying to move towards you. Then it will stay dormant and fire an AOE at the nearest player, with a 2s cooldown, 5 times. This will repeat until it is dead.

There is a 10% the dungeon will drop.

Tiles and Terrain
I’ve made a minimap and a legend so you can understand the boss room because that’s the only room that will be the same between every tunnel.
Screenshot%20from%202019-12-31%2019-31-37 = brown

Screenshot%20from%202019-12-31%2019-35-27 = green (a deadly toxin mwahahaha >:) and if you put these tiles together it makes a liquid)

Screenshot%20from%202019-12-31%2019-44-08 = gray (it’s a rock :stuck_out_tongue: )

Boss Room Minimap
Screenshot%20from%202019-12-31%2020-57-16
You cannot stand on the rocks – they are considered obstacles (b/c u can trip on em and fall into da toxic mess). So there isn’t much room to battle on, which is why I think it’s challenging. The boss will be in the center in the first phase, and then it will come out of the toxic lake in the later phases (but we have time to talk about that later).

Enemies
Red Poison Scorpion
HP: 500
Def: 5
Exp: 75
Projectiles

uYMHQIx
Tail Strike
Damage: 15
Conditions: Confused for 1s
Range: 5.6
Amplitude: 1
Frequency: 0.59
Rate of Fire: 25%

Behavior
Red Poison Scorpions usually travel in groups. They swarm around our next enemy. Luckily, there is a safe spot between these shots (use the DPS calculator 22), so you can easily take out these swarms.

Shadow Scorpion
HP:500
Def:5
Exp:95

Projectiles

Invisible
Damage: 10
Range: 1
Paralysis: 1 secs

White Strike
Damage: 60 (Armor Piercing)
Range: 2
Boomerang effect

Behavior
At first, the shadow scorpion will be in the middle of a group of Red Poison Scorpions. When you kill all of them, the Shadow Scorpion creeps up on the nearest player while firing their Invisible bullets until they hit someone. When they hit someone, it shows itself and starts firing 8 shots at once with a 45-degree arc gap, for 3 secs. Then the cycle repeats, except as soon as the second phase ends, it does not need any trigger to come at the nearest player.

Blue Tunnel Scorpion
HP: 1000
DEF:10
EXP: 195

Projectiles
Blue Attack
Damage: 50 (Armor Piercing)
Range: 3
Parametric
Shots pass through obstacles

Blue Attack
Damage: 25
Range:4
Parametric

Behavior
This is the tanky one. It doesn’t really do that much damage, but it can be a hassle to avoid the shots. It’ll stay stationary, and melee classes should not try to kill these enemies.

i hate to say it but the sprites are bad but the idea is brilliant

I like yellow poison scorpion sprite though their attack animations are kind of lame

Are there any suggestions you can make for the sprites?

Thank you! I’ll change them when I get the chance to.

I think this is a fine idea. It’s always nice to have less-challenging dungeons for newer players.
The sprites do need some work, but don’t worry too much about those. Since this is a WIP, I’m sure everything will make great improvements.

The dungeon boss could be called “Scorpio the Arachnid”, and I made a sprite below as a suggestion:

G7Hbr58%20(1)
Loosely based off of Null’s sprite from The Machine dungeon.

One more pointer: I feel like the Yellow Pinch from the Yellow Scorpion should have its Confusion effect reduced to 1 or 2 seconds. The reason for this is because 3 seconds is a very long duration for rather fast-paced games like RotMG. Seeing how this is a beginner-friendly dungeon, I believe 3 seconds of Confusion will be the equivalent of hell to newbies.

If you’d like some help with the completion of the Dungeon layout, I’m available on Discord pretty frequently. I can share more sprites and ideas with you there.

My User Tag is RogueGamma#9336.

It’s okay if you’d like to work yourself, no hard feelings.

Aside from all that, I noticed you joined the Forums quite recently. So welcome! It’s nice to see a new Forumer now and then, especially in the Ideas Category, where new concepts are always greatly appreciated.

See you around,
Gamma :v:

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely consider it.

I’ve sent a request.

Slightly more then loosely.

LOL, I guess. xD

Literal recolor of Null, but ok

I mean, I added a tail, okay? Gimme some credit. :sweat_smile:

I improved your dungeun portal sprite a little, found yours kinda ugly, no offense. Hope you like it.:+1:

output_oKY9jx

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.