Scroll of Soulfyre

217a3db8fc72460a8d8861a1bfa6d8fe8f85cd72

An ancient scroll, set ablaze by an eternal flame that feeds on the caster’s soul…
Spell bomb

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 90 (spell bomb)
  • Damage: 100 (+wis*3)
  • Shots: 5
  • Shot range: 3 tiles
  • Spell Range: 7 tiles
  • Fame Bonus: 7%
  • Drop Location: Royal Cnidarian (white bag)
    Holding down on space will summon a Soulfyre Candle on the location of the player.

Soulfyre candle

• MP Cost: 50mp/s (first second does not cost any mana, to avoid cursing after spellbomb)
  • Damage: 370 (+wis*2)
  • Effect: Deals damage within a 4 tile radius every second, for as long as it lasts, similar to the cnidarian poison.

Notes: I feel all of the wizard’s abilities are too much of the same. So I wanted to add something unique.

The sprite is kind of a mess. Too many colors. Possibly overshaded (may purposely be different colors, not entirely sure). I’m assuming it’s supposed to look like a scroll with pieces missing but looks just like a blob to me atm.
First things first… WIS MOD!!! Assuming you’re going off a wis mod wizard (which you probably shouldn’t) the spell lands a whopping 397 damage per shot. However, if more reasonably, you’re wearing a good ol’ souless wizard (with no wis mods at all), you get around 280 per shot. Even with the 397 a shot, the total damage of the spell is 1,985 with 90 MP cost compared to the 2,000 damage from recurring terror for 75 MP or the 2,450 damage from the T6 Spell. In fact, even the ST spell has higher efficiency then this spell.
However, of course, it comes with a catch. After the initial first second, you will have to pay 50 MP/S for a maximum of 597 damage per second. Note, against a single target, this simply doesn’t make sense damage wise. HOWEVER, more importantly, this originates on yourself which means that It will be really difficult to use in most situations.

Suggestions: Increase base dps while offering smaller wis mod. Additionally remove curse. Cool idea. Maybe ask for help spritewise from a person better then spriting then me. Youtube can help with that too.

The spellbomb is supposed to be really weak, as a trade off for the candle effect. I added in your suggestions, but kept the spellbomb damage the same.

Interesting how you mixed new mechanics with traditional ones. I think it’d be pretty interesting to see how this would work!

That said, being in a 4 tile radius seems to be somewhat niche. I don’t know - it just…feels weird.

Obligatory description offer! (Also, the sprite’s a bit weird. It looks okay, but strange nonetheless)

Spell of the Everchained
A spell that summons the power of ancient horrors locked within it. It exudes a luring aura to strong magic users.

Additional note:

6ptha72s2l411

It’s interesting, I like it.

I love the general concept of a stationary object that continuously deals damage. Maybe work on the sprites a little bit and change the drop location to Nikao from LOD.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.