Seal of the Fallen Guardian

Seal of the Fallen Guardian

New%20Piskel%20(37)

The former seal of a sworn defender who rashly broke his promise. Its symbol of peace and power has been long shattered over the course of bitter centuries.

Tier: UT

MP Cost: 125

Effects:

• Spawns an “Embedded Sword” (at cursor)

• -250 Max HP (1.5 sec)

• Speedy to self (3 sec)

Cooldown: 4.5 sec (total duration + 2 sec)

Fame Bonus: 6%

Feed Power: 1100

Drops From: Stone Guardians (Drop Rate: 1/300-400)

Embedded Sword [spawned by the Seal]

Oryx%20Guardian%20Sword%20(1) Oryx%20Guardian%20Sword%20(2) Oryx%20Guardian%20Sword%20(3)

Note: Sprite changes every second (left to right).

Effect: Damaging + Berserk to all

Range of Effect: 4 tiles (radius) / 8 tiles (diameter)

Duration: 2.5 seconds

A very powerful yet risky ability. Although it allows the group to quickly deal massive damage in a short period of time, it reduces the user’s max HP by a dangerous 250 for 1.5 seconds. However, the user also receives 3 seconds of Speedy, so the ability is ideal for skilled dodgers. The second drawback is 130 MP Cost, so it is best to use it if you have maxed Mana and Wisdom, a reliable pet, or a mana-boosting Ring.

Click me for LORE!

Thank you for spending your time on this!

– Gamma :v:

A flat 100% increase in damage is vastly overpowered. It would increase dps in groups more than a combined berserk and damaging buff, and one can only imagine what this’ll do when stacked with those. Also I don’t understand the reasoning behind giving invisibility to the paladin?

I think having the seal give berserk and damaging at the same time, or increasing group attack and dex would be a more balanced effect.

Great sprite!

also yes, i think it should just be damaging (maybe, just maybe a tiny burst of berserk) because with pets it would be broken and it would be mega broken in a solo setting

Similar to MSeal:

• Same MP cost
  • Same radius
  • 1.5s less duration

Other points to note:

• Substitutes 100% damaging instead of armored and 50% damaging
  • Considerable HP debuff
  • Spawns at cursor

I would just remove invisibility and if its still considered OP decrease radius.

I have thought of the idea of some kind of ability (mine was a consumable) that exchanged vast amounts of survivability for damage output. I think the major problem with these kinds of abilities is the group factor of the exchange- not everyone wants this tradeoff and may get debuffed against their will.

I am not quite sure of the purpose of the invisibility- shouldn’t the damage alone already be enough to make up for the severe HP loss?

I made some edits to the original mechanics:

• MP Cost: 135 -> 125

• The Seal is now a risk-play ability that reduces a whopping 250 HP from the user for a short 1.5 seconds

• 100% damage has been changed to Damaging + Berserk

• Cooldown has been added (4.5 seconds)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.