Season 4 PPE Contest! Winners receive lots of life!

Hello again everyone!

As August and MOTMG approaches im proud to say that our next PPE contest is here and better then ever! This season will be the first season to have teams of 4 and several new items! Point bonuses! and hopefully lots of video content

Season 4 PPE will consist of Teams of 4, that are randomly chosen July 30th, this Sunday.
It costs 1 Life to enter this PPE contest, All players must have a discord account and each player has 2 lives this season!
There will also be a special revival roulette every 2 days to make the game a bit more interesting for the ones that die early.

1st Place Team takes 60* Life! (15 each team member!)
2nd and 3rd Place Team take 20* Life! (5 Life Each Team member!)
Note: Pot will be decreased if we do not meet goal of 100 life. (42+ Life confirmed 7/24/17)

All other rules and info can be found here!

Our PPE item points guide is located here!
http://tinyurl.com/ShipPoints (now includes new trap, nest items, and skins!)

If you want to join/register immediately check this out!
http://tinyurl.com/ShipPPEreg (Click blue Link)

The more players that enter, the more life in the prizes!
If you wish to donate but not enter! contact me on discord, in realmeye PM or in game!

Thank you for reading and participating in another awesome season!

~Castawayz

Except it’s not really a contest; it’s just who has better RNG, and you’re giving them 60 Life.

Also, your title is misleading.

It is a contest though as you are competing against others with limited time and resources.
There is 100 Life on the line as 60+20+20 = 100 life.
The title isn’t misleading, but I did change a few words around.

This is a well-intentioned but extremely abusable contest that nonetheless favors the good ol’ leecher with 100 bucks of a pet who gets everyone to rush dungeons for him because he doesn’t want to lose his hat in the ring.

1. equip divine pet

2. leech - zero risk lel xd even though im not working for my loot it counts amirite?

3. repeat

4. profit

In all seriousness if you really like the idea of a PPE contest, I have a few suggestions:

1. Leeching deduction - maybe showable through a minimap screenshot or something, needs a few more rooms than just start + boss + troom. PPE should mean you work for your loot. If I recall correctly the only times I ever leeched on my NPE Warrior were when I was talking to people in a 30 person Ocean Trench.
    At the very least provide bonuses to people who rush dungeons instead of leech them, no incentive to rogue/trickster or anything but like Wizard and Knight anymore when someone else can rogue it

2. Pet handicap - for example is a NPE not twice as impressive as a similar PPE with credit cards worth of Vit and Wis in a 16x16 monster?

3. For “clutch moments” the “must have pet equipped” is pretty abuseable - just put on a fodder common and it counts enough to fake it

However this challenge has a couple things going for it:

1. No private dungeons - good!
  2. Cosmetics seems like a cool factor but that encourages some p2w kid looking at pfiffel for a couple minutes and buying a bit of gold for the bazaars.

Here is my Warrior NPE, can I just set the bar or something?

Do you think this contest is actually serious?
Although I don’t have anything personal - you’re a great guild leader and I loved your dungeon spamming back then, this is a pretty abusable system as you can see on my standalone comment. Limited resources is sort of a slippery slope there, people have divine pets, guild rushers (e.g. if I needed to make a PPE for PPEs sake instead of the experience I’d just tell a guildie to rush me some abysses) that should detract from the experience, numerically even. This is pretty unenforcable too, for example do you have to screenshot every public tomb you went into to show that you did not pay for it under the table or like get someone calling stuff for you?

(e.g. as much as I love Statakaka’s NPEs they are tinged with the feeling that his main account’s connections are finding him events and he just brings Urake to it - lots of OTs and Shatters have the same people in them e.g. Kamiky, Buldo, Eventing, Howdowork, Tangelo…)

Also ban loot drops cause those are definitely an imbalance.

divine pets are a common misconception in this game. Is is still easy to die with divine pets as most hard dungeons have a thing called pet stasis. Being a host of several seasons I can tell you that a divine user has only one once out of 6 different winners before.

Loot pots are banned already, that would be op.

Leeching is just apart of ROTMG, doesn’t matter what character it’s on lol.

The “clutch” moment goes to whoever survives critical danger. Not to whoever has the lowest health in the lowlands.

Also no ppe is gonna have guildies rush for them, what a waste of time.

seems legit

I get it that leeching is a part of rotmg but it shows zero skill so can you implement a reward for showing skill, e.g. a screencap of rushing some dungeons that would prioritize people who take PPE as a skill challenge over some no risk hack just in it for the life pots?

And as far as pets go I get it you can still die with one. Ask @Donigian. But here’s the line again, are you taking PPE as a skill or character challenge? If it’s a skill challenge, divine pet ppes should still be valued less than a low level pet ppe.

Subtract (Pet level’s HP+MP combined per second)/5

So for example a max divine pet’s 135 combined hp/mp per second / 5 would still result in only a subtraction of 27 points, which is fair enough considering that a divine pet is at least the difference of a couple white bags of points worth, not to mention easier early game maxing process and such.

as far as guild rushers go…

think of someone with very little outside connections

even if they are a literal god, like statakaka tier, they will get outdone by someone whose guild rogue rushes everything

so even if it’s a boring mess that devalues ppe as a concept, it abides by the rules and will qualify for the life jackpot

and the “no pitched dungeons” is really unenforceable, they can just say they stay up until 12 in the morning like @Lovens and find tiny sphinxes with friends and no one is there to prove jack shit.

and the “must have pet on for clutch” is pretty loose because they can just use an alternate pet which is basically no pet

also your document does not say loot drops/clovers are banned so probably clarify that

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.