Secluded Thicket Feedback Thread: Welcome (Back) to the Jungle!

You’re supposed to use the lightning to kill him, do it once and it’s over, it can go on forever.

Why are you doing ANOTHER court of oryx dungeon? Court of oryx already had too many dungeons crammed in, and now there’s going to be another one? You could have reworked one of the lamer event bosses like cyclops god or something to be a little better, and then made it drop from there.

but no one’s gonna do them, because everyone wants oryx 2 for tops

I’m kind of worried about the trolling potential during the Xolotl fight. A troll may drag the lightning circle away from the god himself during the timeout part of the survival phase, leading to a lengthened fight. Unless there is a method to combat trolls, I’m kind of worried about big groups.
Idk, as I’ve done these solo.
If you ask me, the dungeon seems a little too favorable to knights. All the small minions in the basilisk fight can be stunned, and all the tribesmen can be stunned in most phases. The tribesman part will be a huge breeze with multiple knights stunning the heck out of them.

Also, what are the planned rewards? What are the UTs?

But whites are so much better

Edit: not to mention tops drop in almost every event dungeon and aren’t soulbound

But tops are more common

Thanks for all the feedback so far, guys!

That’s surprising for me to hear. I don’t use camera rotation much myself, and of the hundreds of testing runs I’ve done for this dungeon, I’ve very rarely used camera rotation. I’d be curious to hear what phases in particular do you feel encourage camera rotation specifically?

There’s actually a dialogue controller for the boss which ensures some linearity to what he says after each cooldown. After three cycles, the tag and order system forces him to give an especially obvious line to ensure that no group stays confused for too long. See the “T3” state.

<State id="Prep1">
	<Transition noneExist="Xolotl the Lightning God">Die</Transition>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T1</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T1">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Your feeble attacks cannot hurt a god!;Nothing you do can touch me!;I am invincible with the storm on my side!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep2</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Prep2">
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T2</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T2">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Laughable! Is that all the strength you can muster?;Only an attack far beyond your comprehension could harm me as I now am!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep3</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Prep3">
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T3</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T3">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Nothing short of a lightning strike could penetrate my defenses!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep4</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Prep4">
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Eye">T4</Transition>
</State>
<State id="T4">
	<Order targetIds="Xolotl the Lightning God"><Behavior prob="1" bubbleTime="4" broadcast="true" text="Your feeble attacks cannot hurt a god!;Nothing you do can touch me!;I am invincible with the storm on my side!;Laughable! Is that all the strength you can muster?;Only an attack far beyond your comprehension could harm me as I now am!;Nothing short of a lightning strike could penetrate my defenses!">Say</Behavior></Order>
	<Transition hasGlobalTag="Storm">Prep4</Transition>
</State>
<State id="Die">
	<Behavior time="0">Decay</Behavior>
</State>

When he’s exhausted, the lightning bolts spawn directly from him. This means that as long as you stand directly on top of him and then get out of the way, there shouldn’t be any opportunity for a troll to move the target away from him in time.

Each boss will have a UT, but loot isn’t finalized yet which is why there are no drops in this round of testing. It’s all commented out for now.

Lul when Deca gives us maxed divines and juggs…even a peabrain like me can solo :wink:

I’ll try it petless, so I can’t just face tank everything like an idiot. Then maybe I can give some constructive feedback xd.

howd u get maxed divine??

Those apple things they gave out were 10k feed, and they gave out unlimited of them.

I got an account on testing earlier when they tested lost halls so i got the fame thing twice xd

yea but bro i dont have enough fame to fuse or make pet yard divine…

also with comments like the one u put on top of the video deca might restart the testing servers for those who werent around fro apples then they couldnt get past an almost maxed legendary without wasting a lot of time feeding doom bows also wit comments like those then deca wont give us good itens in the future but i want those good things on testing so we can choose to not use the rare stuff once we now the dungeons and it also makes me want to play the game more to get the items i see are so good on testin on prod

yea so did i but it doesnt let me get more of the fame thing

this is gold @niegil @toastrz

what is the link to the testing?

Nice you can see the assassin ST skin colorized in the bottom right corner

Made by: bickuribox12
Give him a like or sub if you want. He made this video very fast and he explain this dungeon very well.

did he pay you to do this

Personally I’m really excited for it. I’ve been wanting more bullet hell as of late, especially with the addition of pet abilities. To clarify, we’ve had bullet hell for years but this dungeon follows the example of low to moderate damage bullets with increased projectiles, whereas dungeons like the Nest or Lost Halls can ruin a character with two or three shots.The recent addition of the reef does leave a kind of sadness that this isn’t a dungeon like the other epic dungeons, however the content seems well made for what it’s worth. Hopefully the bullet spread and shot patterns will discourage a huge amount of players to brute force the thing, because dodging is very underrated these days. Maybe it’s just a pipe dream, but seeing teamwork would be cool.