Security Exploit?

So lately I’ve been getting ddosed while playing/streaming realm, and im not sure how or who is doing it.

Before anyone says “well did you click any links, go into irc with people from the game ect.” no I haven’t.

Some weird things have been happening, I’ve switched to a vpn and everything but now I’m getting pm’d in game from a guy names “pineapplez”. He first sends a message or a few messages saying “test” then does some sort of grab function code(which makes no sense on how that would work through chat unless its relaying inputs from an external source). Hes been in the game for quite a while(from what it says on his realmeye) and I have no prior connection with him at all so i don’t know why I’m being targeted.

if it needs to use the chat, couldn’t you just block him?

he could still make a new account wouldnt you think

How do you know?

The grab function in chat feels sorta sloppy, are you sure they’re not just messing with you?

hell he could just raise the star req to chat with him

in my stream chat, he was saying he was ddosing me, and whenever this happens my whole internet cuts out. Also in my stream he was sending me my location and other information.

its not really hard to get 11 stars sadly :disappointed_relieved:

I don’t know too much about networking, but changing your IP might help

increase it to 15 stars

Try using a VPN. They hopefully can’t grab your actual IP and DDoSing a big VPN company’s servers will get em sued.

you could turn off whisper chat for a month or so

I’m using nordVPN

And they’re still DDoSing you? Did they grab your IP before you started using it?

thats what i’m thinking i’m going to do, I hope this gets fixed or the guy isn’t super persistent

Edit: I’m assuming hes dm’ing me cause i put my realmeye to private so he wouldn’t know where I am so if hes in the same server/realm as me he might be able to find my IP through console(i don’t know tho that’s a BIG maybe)

Are you still disconnecting after using a vpn?

yeah which is weird

yeah i’m pretty sure but, i called my ISP and they said i have a dynamic IP

Have you restarted your router at all since this started?

I’ve unplugged and replugged it a few times still to no avail