Server locations

Saw this on Reddit so don’t give credit to me, but I thought it was worthy of copy onto here for interest:

No idea how reliable the info is, or how they got ahold of it, but if true it could explain why some people lag unexpectedly on some servers if the location isn’t where it might appear to be from the server name.

Edit: some of the info seems a bit dodgy, columns B & C for USNW don’t match col E, so maybe it’s bunkum. :man_shrugging:

Edit2: plotted the coords in cols B & C, gives this map:

(missing info for USW2 & USE3 in the table data)

Why are the Asia servers are dead (barely alive)

That California makes me happy :sunglasses:

Just because an IP block is registered to a company at a geographic location doesn’t mean those IPs are necessarily at that location. Subnets and individual IPs can and do migrate between DCs frequently. AWS do cluster the US DCs though. Europe and Asia look a little more dispersed.

Lol USS3. More like Saudia Arabia S3

Edit: Apparently that’s Brazil?

Yes, Rio I think. Porto Alegre

By my personal experience the locations from b and c make more sense than those from D

So close lol

Suspicious cropping :thinking:

usw2 is more near central California and usWest is somewhere in the greater los angeles area. USW3 was in Nor Cal, Bay Area if I remember correctly. That was according to an old bookmark I had, that I probably snagged off of someone from a random conversation about nothing (I really don’t remember where I got it). Didn’t have a spreadsheet, but it contained street view map. It’s long gone now now that i’m not consistently and foolishly syncing everything like I used to…

incidentally, here’s my new favorite bookmark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGklt4BSQ8

have you ever done this? that’s uswest (one)

I was going to complain that none of them are close to me, but then I realized I’m still closer to some than 85% of the world is.
So never mind

there was a site with all the servers on it, im trying to find it and their position in the world, like a interactive map

guys don’t leak the server locations, the damn dupers will go to them and fuck em up so the servers crash and they can get fre itens.

That was the entire point of the spreadsheet. Column B and C were taken from this page: http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/char/list
RotMG’s servers tells you the name, latitude and longitude, and ip, of every server (that you see in the Servers list). When plotting those coordinates, you get one map. When grabbing the actual geolocation of those IPs, you get a completely different location. Also one server has an invalid latitude and longitude.

Did you miss the “G’day, Oryx” patchnotes? When the Australian server was added, they changed the locations of servers, “mostly US” ones.

THE OLD SERVER LOCATION MAP IS OUTDATED, regardless of whether or not the geolocation is correct or not.

California is my jam :slight_smile:

AWS data centre locations: https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/

Overcrowded servers?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.