Shape of the prism?

ok so most of not all prisms i see ingame are seven pixels wide and 8 pixels tall. as far as i know, all items fit an 8x8 frame (smt like that). so on which side does the center of the prism align to? or am i trippin up and missing something? i’m genuinely confused lol

imagePrism of Dancing SwordsfTPcj1Cimage

Good question! I’m curious for the answer! I’m quite sure @Nevov would know.

Wow, that’s pretty observant.

I would assume it’s just aligned to one corner of the 8 × 8 frame.

Judging by the “shadow” which is cut off at the right side, it is 1 pixel to the right of the center

If you compare the ability slots of a prism and a tome you can see the prism is “missing” the first pixel column which means it centers from the right on the 8x8 grid

17-31-45-ijoDW8MlUkAAouqo0rnxdzfF2NOsvxtX3JcTnsLOVmWEHkeYVRmRCJdYjZ4-FEXD6lqinGGb_pyjLO_sGHzwiqJ38hEWz0VhgxulZr5e-ePHc4C1Ll5mRtS3=w256-h256-nc
17-35-01-rAIhzizKyG9hySkYOXdLN2KMYtkkGPkKTFOXPh2i9LXkGeAesBUio9-HKoNt7GnZH8jXCUPw5BZdya8URJDZoX-i-RgCQ5NCoiYPeZJU14LaQs96mMZgK0fqW81foQ=w385-h382-nc

Now that you’ve mentioned that, I’m annoyed that they’re not 8x8. :frowning:

Yes, that’s how the game handles all item with odd-number width/height. They’re on 8x8 grid and the sprite artist must choose how to align them.

You might start to notice it all over the place, eg. rings are usually offset right, marks are offset left:

It’s the same for smaller items, tiered daggers are 6x6 which centrals, but size 7 heights need a vertical offset.
(hasn’t always been done consistently)

Trivial Issues Thread

interesting… never really noticed that

haha never noticed really. thanks for pointing it out

yup it’s kind of uncomfortable to look at LOL

When you drag a prism to, say, wear it and use a cursor wich shows exact middle you can see that it snaps inbetween 4 pixel and that must be the center. I can´t show this with a screenshot because it removes the cursor, but I hope you believe me!

thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.