Shatters 2.0

Lets add an ice sphere pet stone while we’re at it just to freak people out

A few fixes yes please.
But maybe not a complete redesign.

The Ice Cave (dungeon) rework was a great example of how to rework and keep the original theme of the dungeon while getting rid of the things causing problem behaviour from players. The Esben rework I am more “meh” about the redesign because there wasn’t much wrong with the original Esben but now the time-based fight seems a lot more scripted with every fight a copy paste of the same patterns.

Off my head the rework I had in mind consisted of the introdction of a larger map, better tiling, two new mini bosses and new enemy families. I think the tags are under shattersrevamp, nasacko

That’s the most evil thing I think I’ve ever heard. I love it.

And if DECA add HP scaling to mages…

Generally I think the avatar should become much more dangerous (maybe have its killar pillars shooting bullets before their current activation phase) and have the avatar become optional, like nest and LH. Unfortunately, if this happened people might possibly start thinking of tomb updates, though idk.

i think shatters is fine as it it, except the drops. I think the forgotten crown should have a major buff but a lower droprate, st set should only drop from archmage, and there should be a ut “sentinel sword” or something that drops only from brigbe

It’s sloppily made, you can see the edges of the map very easily, and the bridge to the king can be completely bypassed by lava walking. The forgotten sentinel poses little challenge since he only shoots a single shot to the left of him, and in a large group, the dungeon is stupid easy for one of the hardest dungeons in the game.

lol wut

Agreed.

lower droprate

Lower drop rate does not justify something being OP

Could you explain how the shitshow that the first room is in public shatts, the leeching and the completly braindead bosses are “fine”?

I agree with @Nevov on the partial-but-not-whole rework idea.

Though I have very little idea on how to properly fix this all, here’s a list of problems:

• Enemies can be easily activated by someone rushing through the middle in the first room, causing the dungeon to go to complete crap, an element not present in either the Lost Halls nor in the Nest.
  • The first boss, the Forgotten Sentinel, is exploited to the max, and rather than being an intense dodge fight between high-damage bullets, it’s one person tanking one of those bullets and healing before the next one, and another person dragging Blobombs away from the group.
  • The path to the second boss is opened by killing switches: while an interesting mechanic in itself, it is exploited by people leeching at the start of the bridge or the start of the path if the enemies are cleared.
  • The third boss fight, the Forgotten King, requires barely any dodging from bullets from the King himself, with only the enemies spawned by it requiring serious dodging.
  • The last part of the fight almost requires players to exploit bullets not rendering due to being off-screen; additionally, the Tentacles phase can be completely nullified by a Huntress placing a trap at the right time.
  • Numerous edges of the map at the bridge to the third boss are simply black tiles, with nothing else.

I’d recommend checking out this thread, goes into a lot of detail about problems with the shatters.

Also I think @Xaklor was planning on creating a rework, not sure if he ever completed it though.

I didn’t get much further than the map and the basic enemy designs, I got sidetracked by my own dungeon project and never felt like getting back into it. besides, DECA can redo shatters on their own if needed, but they can’t make the Stone Caves of Nores or the Clock Tower. I have to do that, so they got priority.

the map was fun to make though, looked like this.

lul

lord of the lost loot 2.0

yes, i dont want my trickster die to it D:

oooohhhh good one. i’d use it over the sphinx skin

How do you make a map like that?

grabbed the tiles from static.drips.pw

It would have the reverse effect of a Bagston

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.