Shatters Rings Buff [debuff immunity]

the shatters rings are decent but not great.
here are some things to make them a little better.

the bracer could use armor break immunity,
the gem could use quiet immunity
and the crown weakened, stunned and/or dazed immunity

tell me what you think.

…No?

The shatters rings are extremely powerful as is, buffing them further would be a very very bad idea.

but way too rare for what you get.
the jugg helm is really good bc of the armored, the ogmur is really good bc of the armor break, the oreo is really good bc of the invincibility. therefor they are all really rare.
but the shatter rings are just decent in comparison.
the bracer is just a bit better than a wayy more common expo ring, +6 att and 2 def.

I would disagree, rarity isn’t a balance for power. Jugg, Ogmur, and Oreo, while extremely powerful, are still balanced items. Giving items immunity to certain debuffs would be game breaking.

Bracer - The best balanced ring, arguably better than even the Omni
Gemstone - Best UT mana ring by far, mainly because of how the def and speed balance out what would otherwise be a very offensive ring.
Crown - Incredible damage buff, and a large HP boost as well

All three are excellent rings. Together, they’re capable of adapting to the needs of any class.

[quote=“Woeshievos, post:1, topic:21193”]
the bracer could use armor break immunity,
the gem could use quiet immunity
and the crown weakened, stunned and/or dazed immunity
[/quote]Holy. That’s way too op.

[quote=“Woeshievos, post:1, topic:21193”]
the shatters rings are decent but not great.
[/quote]They’re pretty good.

You giving a partial purification factor to something that is ment to give your character a boost to the core 8 stats, instead you are assigning ablility like qualities to rings that could potential bring game breaking possibilities. Imagine not getting quieted as a knight in a tomb or not getting weakend at a sphinx, it is just too powerful to put in a game like rotmg

First of all, those are event whites, far more rare than the shatters. Like, way more. Those are also all abilities, of course an ability (the main thing besides stats separating entire classes), is going to be more powerful than a ring that any class could wear. Even more so, they are debatable the best rings already, why buff them instead of lesser rings like sphinx? The only ring that is usually not considered at all for most classes, is gem. If a shatts ring needed a buff it would ONLY be gem, and even that is not a bad ring, it just pales compared to crown and bracer thanks to pets.

As many people can see this is unnecessary and game breaking. Just because you haven’t obtained an item doesn’t make it rare. Being bad at the game and not understanding how it works isn’t an excuse to try and buff some of the best items in the game. The are well rounded and hard to get and aren’t completely broken. Adding debuff immunity is already a bad idea but to these rings is out of the question.

Very similar to a google document @Atrapper made. May wanna see his thoughts! Here’s the forum post about it.

Uhhhh, no. Oreo is terrible. The only reason I keep it on my pally instead of feeding it is because it looks cool.

Those buffs would make all three rings essential swapouts for every endgame character forever… surely that indicates that this is a bad idea.

Well, the Jugg doesnt give speedy. If you are trying to get to cube god or something, wouldn’t you need speedy to get there? Well I suppose you can wait then teleport there…

Ogmur armor breaks, yes, but it doesnt stun. The armor break is useless on things with low def.

On a maxed def pally, Oreo brings down the user’s base def to 26, which makes it squishier than any meele class, because warrior gets def from his ability.

Besides, the things you listed are abilities. You are buffing the rings. You want the rings to be as powerful as the abilities?

Bracer, Gemstone, and Crown are all good. They are balanced perfectly, and are used in different situations. Bracer is a ring for all situations. Why should you buff them?

The thing when you wear rings is that you always get the stat buffs for whatever they have, unlike abilities which are periodic. So its reasonable to have very powerful abilities since they are not spammable. So always having those debuff immunities would be too op.

are you on drugs or something???

lets look at something:
###Bracer of the Guardian

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • On Equip: +60 HP, +60 MP, +6 ATT, +6 DEF
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 500

This ring provides a combination of the bonuses found on a Ring of the Pyramid and the Ring of the Nile.

Its wearer will enjoy a 60 HP and 60 MP boost together with a 6 attack and 6 defense stats increase providing offense and defense at the same time.

This Ring is arguably one of the best general use rings in the game, boasting both good defensive (+6 def, +60 hp) and offensive (+6 attack, +60 mp) stats. Any class is able to use it effectively as the stat bonuses are universally beneficial. Although it can be compared to the Experimental Ring, the Bracer not only gives 2 more def (compared to the Expo’s 4 def) but also replaces the +4 vit of the expo ring (effectively useless with a good pet) with a much more beneficial +6 attack, which directly translates into a dps increase of 12%.

The only downside is the extreme rarity, if a player loses one, it will take a long time to get back, if they even manage to attain another bracer back at all.

###The Twilight Gemstone

####Stats:

• On Equip: +110 MP, +6 DEF, +6 SPD

The Twilight Gemstone is a highly sought after and rare Shatters UT drop. Although it is similar to the Ring of the Sphinx from the Tomb Of The Ancients Dungeon, it gives a MP stat bonus that is slightly greater than the Sphinx. The added bonus’ of defense and speed compared to the wisdom and dexterity that the Sphinx provides can be very helpful for “squishier” classes.

This ring is perfect for any class that benefits from having a higher MP amount with added defense and speed. These characters can include Warrior, Priest, Knight, Assassin, Ninja, Necromancer, Sorcerer and Rogue. Although it can be used on any class of your liking. (A quick breakdown on the benefits to the classes mentioned below).

###The Forgotten Crown

####Stats:

• On Equip: +110 HP, +6 ATT, +6 DEX

The Crown is the strongest DPS-increasing item in the game, providing a whopping +12 to offensive stats. It is also an HP ring stronger than Tier 3. If any character can afford lowered defenses for a very high DPS boost, or they would otherwise be using a pure HP ring anyway, they should use the Crown.

The most obvious classes that would benefit from the Crown would be Wizard and Warrior, which helps in maximizing DPS.

Bow classes (who have high armor:range ratio) and Necromancer, who would all otherwise be outstripped by Wizard in long-range DPS, have high enough survivability to use the Crown without sacrificing their defense.

Of the short-range classes, Rogue and Knight would probably be the most useful users of the crown; they both have high survival with their defensive abilities and would appreciate higher offenses in return.

Like all Shatters UTs, use sparingly and with good judgement; it is very difficult to get back.

##And you are say this is not the best rings in the game
yea maybe you dont know we have VERY bad UT rings in game and im no saing this ring is in very easy dungeon

###The Forgotten Ring

####Stats:

• Tier: ST
  • On Equip: +10 HP, +5 MP
  • Fame Bonus: 4%

ok you can say this is St.

But Omni is actually a pretty bad ring;it’s just every basic ring put together and not specialized at all. Besides, the buffs are so minimal, you barely notice them. I would rather para def/hp than omni, just because it’s specialized. Obviously others may disagree.

I can see where you’re coming from, I personally think they’re about the same level. Omni has a slight edge over the bracer in terms of offensive stats, but it really comes down to if you would rather have the Bracer’s 3 extra def, or the Omni’s 4 speed, 5 vit, and 5 wis.

dude, sure they’re “the best rings”.
but there aren’t any rings with some cool shit
all of the ut rings are just good stats but theres no cool shit.
thats why i reccomended the imunnities
you dont have to make a giant post to make me change my mind
there arent any ut rings that change the way you play, other ut items do tho

they’re stronger than LH rings, maybe you should give those to sourcestone/potato/bloodshed

I’d rather have a sphinx than an oreo, it’s just pretends to make you invincible, but in the end it’ll just stab you in the back.

The only buff the shatter rings need is in feed power, 500 feed power is the same feed power that the old sphinx ring had.