Shinobi

T2 and T3 both 70 MP because i didnt finish doing T3.

I might have to come up with an equation to keep only the range decreased while affecting amp and freq as little as possible. Unfortunately, I failed pre calc, so… no promises.

EDIT1: By testing on Haizor’s weapon editor, I think you can just decrease the frequency by 20% as well, so the shot pattern remains the same (only range is changed). Posted some examples on OP.

The fact that the forum home page doesn’t show you there has been any activity when the OP edits their post is very annoying. A lot was changed, and all for the better Imo. Great class with a thought out ability.

Man this has also bothered me for quite a while, although I guess putting in a comment for update gives a bit of leniency towards edits, as some edits may just be some typos or small updates. (could possibly be abusable maybe to keep a topic constantly up too? but this is mostly speculation).

Edit: Also I would recommend the changelog could be put in the “hide details” but that’s mainly just personal preference. Additionally:

I appreciate the solution towards this, I made a similar post trying to make something like Drowsy (Much like crippled range debuff) or an “Uninspired” debuff but this solution never really occurred to me! Big props for that.

Oh shit it does’t? I guess ill put changelogs in OP as well as in a new reply then.

Nice, dud. The reasoning I had when I decided to come up with that, was just testing and seeing how lieftime affected shot pattern. Since the amplitude remained the same, all I had to do was change the frequency. Because the frequency had to be retained in the new smaller range, decreasing the frequency meant that the shot pattern oscillated less often, and it just worked.

Reading this I assumed this was a bait post in the first place, but let’s do the Ben Shapiro and just assume it isn’t for a hypothetical. The easiest comparison is to ninja -which is close to the same thing as this class already., but more balanced. This class as it stands is way overpowered. Not only does it have a hold space dps mechanic, but the same mechanic changes the shots of an enemy. This is the sort of gameplay mechanic that’s way strong to the point where if this was a tiered ability you’d see it in the same place as stun - anything endgame would be immune to this cripple. Not to mention the range of the ability is longer than your range for a tiered katana meaning you’re always in range to use it if you are doing dps. This really negates your range mechanic.

That’s just from a balancing the class perspective. Why should the class exist? What niche should it fill? Whenever we brainstorm a new class, we need to look at it from that angle. To me, this is a class that doesn’t need to exist, at least not in its above iteration. You may disagree, and that’s perfectly ok, but in my view I don’t see it working in the current game.

Apologies for coming across rough, I genuinely thought that the post was bait and trying to get people to be angry in the replies.

If you read the post w/out looking at the detail tabs he had that would make sense.

I personally feel this class fills far more of a niche than summoner did. Gives katanas a 3rd class (like summoner), with a different emphasis on offensively maxed stats (like bard and summoner), which has a genuinely useful ability that if nothing else, is pretty reliable dps (like summoner). Just because some endgame bosses might get immunity to the status doesn’t mean it won’t contribute to the game :sweat_smile:.

I started to respond to your post content and then read all of this.

Hmm.

I understand your viewpoint, but in my view I don’t think the game should be designed with abilities that are broken from day one - yes things are stun immune now, but they didn’t use to be in the past. An ability made in today’s game should work everywhere. My 2c.

Now thats funny.

edit: i just read that Platformz already adressed this, and frankly i posted his whitout reading anything else here, so yeah ill go commit harakiri to regain honor myself

Proceeds to commit harakiri to regain honor

:notes:Here’s my 10c,

is free…:musical_note:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.