Shortcut for Item Switching [Idea]

So, I’ve been playing in realm and there is a slight annoyance when playing.

Why can’t I switch items with a press of a button?

For example.
If you’re in a sticky situation where you need to purify yourself with puri but you already have another tome on your ability slot, you take at least 1-3 seconds to switch tomes, oh wait ur ded because you got confused and ran into a bunch of monsters.

I wish for a shortcut to switch a Para Hp on my ring slot into a Para Vit on my [1] inventory.
I can just press 1 to switch the item without having to take my mouse over and draging/dclicking on it.
Which replaces the ring slot into the Para Vit and the Para hp on [1] inventory ~[ it can be for any other item also. ]

##But I can’t do that.

It will be a life saver to my endless triggering when having to switch items.

This idea has been suggested before, in fact for whatever reason it’s on the list of ideas to avoid. (Probably because it is suggested so often.)

I’m hoping that Deca does add this idea at some point though, I don’t see any reason not to as it is only an improvement.

well woops, didn’t look at that.

It would be nice thing, however adding reason for the “forbidden” ideas would be even nicer.

I have been waiting for something like this

here’s a possible explanation as to why that’s on the list:

the less time it takes to switch between equipment the more it feels like you simply have both on at the same time. if you can swap with the touch of a hotkey, that switching time gets much smaller. it can lead to some major op situations, such as insta switching ogmur and colo, or prot and geb tome.

You can already do that with a script like ahk
Try downloading the premade realmscript of Nightfirecat, or make your own
The only thing is that Deca didn’t approve scripts yet, but I doubt you will be banned for that

As much I know, scripts arent against the ToS (even autonexus).

(but deca doesnt need a reason to ban you)

As much as I’d love this, it would be too easy to pull certain things off (Stun on O2, then armor break).
I can’t see it being implemented.

Yes it is against the TOS, cba finding it but yes it is, and Deca needs a reason to ban you, if they ban you with no reason you can to the court for a trial.

You can’t go to court to file a lawsuit against Deca for banning you without evidence. This is because they would have to show evidence of you using the script or hacking which unveils their hack/bot/script detection methods. If they did this, hacked client users and other people will find ways around this detection system. If it violates the games ToS, they can ban you.

Valve, creators of Steam and Half-Life ban you without telling you why if their detection system marked you as a cheater. You can spend $60 on an online game and be banned, to never play multiplayer again (unless you buy another copy with another account) without ever being able to do anything about it. I think they’re in the right.

Deca would be pretty stupid if the ToS wouldnt have a part saying “Deca can end the agreement with the user at any point”. (or so)

Im sure that they can deletee your account without any reasoning. (if they would shut down the game you couldnt sue them either).

Im also sure that the ToS would allow deca to do a bunch of other things like reseting your account, removing items/pets.

But you are right about the scripts, in fact there are even games where useing a gaming mouse with extra keys technically violates the ToS.

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to detect simple scripts like this that simulate normal mouse movement.

I said “technically”, if we’d ban everybody who has violated the ToS once, the game would be empty.

There are loads of things that violate the ToS and wont get you banned, like not useing your main email adress for the game or haveing mules/npe accounts.

Sorry I didn’t mean to be contrary, I was just being sad because it’s impossible to punish people who use simple scripts to have the slightest advantage. Idk why mules aren’t banned though. It should be easy just to track the IPs used to create the mules assuming they store that information. I don’t think most people use dynamic IPs or a proxy to create personal mules anyway so it should be easy enough.

they would have to show evidence

Yes, that’s why they only ban you with an evidence, and they can provide any evidence of any person banned when they want. That’s why you need a proof to ban someone

If it violates the games ToS, they can ban you.

They can, but if they do they obviously have an evidence, they just can’t ban someone basing on presumptions. And if they ban you with no reason, you can go to the court

NO!

The ToS say (quote):" You agree that Deca has the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate your access to and use of your Account and the Deca Service (or any part thereof) for any reason at any time."
In other words deca can ban you/delete your account whenever the want to, including presumption of hacking.

In the case of Deca yes, because they have tools (and/or proofs) to prove that you violated the ToS, if they don’t have proof they don’t ban you

See the edit above.

Have fun with that one

Edit looks like I took to long @Mynamerr