Should Bloodshed Ring get Buffed or Reworked?

Just curious if anyone else would like to see Bloodshed Ring to either get a rework or buff. As of now, here are the current stats of Bloodshed Ring:

Now, these stats look pretty similar to that of Pyra (to me at least), and the realmeye description for this ring even agrees by saying “… a more defensive version of the Ring of the Pyramid.” Even though it may be considered a more defensive pyra, I still feel more comfortable wearing a pyra rather than a bloodshed ring (depending on most contexts), and I’d like to think most people would happen to agree with me (and may I remind everyone: pyra is much more common than bloodshed).

I believe that in order to give this ring it’s own distinguished identity (stat-wise) would be giving it a rework or a much more lazy alternative by buffing it.

The Buff
This could be very simple, something like letting the ring give +10 wis (instead of 5) and maybe an additional +5/10 vit (further pushing that “ritual” theme to it). If the ring so wishes to stay on that “defensive pyra” route, I think this buff could definitely fulfill that role.

The Rework
New stats:

+66 HP

+66 MP

+6 Def

Bloodshed:

• On enemy assist: Gain +1 wis

• On enemy kill: Gain +2 wis

• On enemy assist that are cursed: Gain +3 wis

• On enemy kill that are cursed: Gain +3 wis and heal 24 HP (any left over hp turns into max health)

Max Wis Cap at +12 Wis

Max Health Cap at +96 HP

• Duration of Bloodshed: 3 seconds + {1 vit = 0.12 seconds for every vit ≥ 40} (vit mod)

Malus’ Granduer:

• On inflicting curse and re-inflicting curse: Gain +6 vit for 6.6 seconds

Max Vit Cap at +12 vit

I thought that adding a “killing” mechanic to this ring would really sync well with the ring’s description, specifically in the “…It only stays together on the finger of a true killer.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that implementing vit as a type of wis-mod mechanic on a ring is weird, but hear me out. The current Bloodshed Ring in prod is suppose to be used by classes with wis-mod, right? These classes being Paladin, Sorcerer, Priest, Mystic, and Necromancer. Now, only 3/5 of these classes can actually inflict curse, but it’s made up because the classes that don’t inflict curse already have high vit as is (Paladin is getting a +20 vit buff and Sorcerer is at 75 vit already), yet the classes that can inflict curse are on the lower end of the vit spectrum. That’s exactly why I implemented a +6 vit anytime a class curses an enemy, so they can make use of it and don’t feel excluded. Not only that, but these classes that can cause curse also have tiered abilities (and some untiered) that already provide a passive vit bonus (T6 Tome: +6 Vit, T6 Orb: +4 Vit, Cult Skull: +6 Vit).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, that’s my idea on how they can make Bloodshed Ring more effective in fulfilling it’s niche role as a “defensive wis-mod” ring.

Do you like how Bloodshed is as it is now, or do you think it deserves a buff/rework? Do you like my proposed idea in trying to improve Bloodshed, or do you think it should stay the same? Maybe you have your own idea in reworking the ring? If any of these questions apply to you, please let me know what you think down below!

• Bloodshed is good, no buff/rework required
  • Bloodshed is meh
  • Bloodshed is bad, needs buff/rework

0 voters

Twilight Gemstone Rework/Buff Idea

I was thinking along the lines of buff the wis to 7, and give it 7 vit

I do like the buffs that synergize really well with other pieces of the set, making it like a Pseudo-ST set without actually being one (like that +6 VIT upon inflicting Curse).

In terms of viability, I’ll be honest, that heal of 12 HP, can safely be changed to a +12 Max HP (for the duration of course), even if you’re not at Max HP. I do (whether intentional or not) love the cyclical nature of it as well; you get more WIS for killing Cursed enemies, and with the Cultist Skull, more WIS makes your Curse more effective. And in terms of being balanced, it’s really hard to say, because in some dungeons its really meh, and some its amazing.

Most importantly, its fun, unique, thematic, and not game breaking. These buffs would be pretty good.

It’s fine as it is. It’s actually pretty good as an ST which is perfectly viable without the other items. More than viable, as it’s defensively almost a direct replacement for Pyra, but wis rather than att as a 3rd stat makes it a good choice for classes with Wismod.

Your wisdom boosts are interesting, though perhaps too detailed - hardly anyone is going to notice +1, +2 wis. But better to apply them to a new item with its own rationale than an existing one, when the existing one is fine as it is in this case.

Bloodshed ring isn’t an st

Bloodshed is extremely powerful on wismod classes. I see no reason to buff it. It has a purpose and serves that purpose well. I would choose it for paladin, sorcerer, priest, etc. over any other ring because of how good of a utility it is on those classes.

lets not give the bloodshed ring reactive props…

that’s fair too! honestly, I’d just like to have the wis at least above 5 bc, if im gonna be fair, i’d rather wear Covetous over bloodshed. Covetous is a really good wis-mod ring that boosts wis by +8, while also providing +5 att and a +50mp (also with a +15hp), and I think covetous is like the “offensive version” of bloodshed.

I wouldn’t say “extremely powerful”. Yes, I do agree that it may be great on pally (+100 hp and +5 def is real nice to have, and +5 wis doesn’t hurt), but for a pretty rare ring, I still feel like it should offer more to the role it plays (as a specialty ring). +5 wis for a sorc’s T6 scepter only adds +40 Dmg, and +5 wis for sorc’s devastation add +50 dmg. And besides, although it’s an even more rare ring, omni is just a better bloodshed, and I dont think that should be the case. Just because a ring is more rare, that should warrant it to just be the universally better ring. I think omni does it’s job well by being that one, truly balanced ring; not great on any specific characters, just the most balanced ring, and sometimes it’s not the ring that all players wants to use based on a specific build (crown vs omni, monocle vs omni, gemstone/sourcestone vs omni, etc.) That’s why I think bloodshed needs a buff/rework to fulfill the that specialty role it plays as a wismod ring, it shouldn’t be comparable to omni, it should be it’s own ring.

well, there is an st ring that is literally just a worse bloodshed ring. He may have been talking about that, but I doubt it lol

He confused bloodshed with bloodstone, the st knight ring.

Yes! I put myself through so much turmoil just to get the perfect concept I was envisioning, but I think it was worth it. Oh, and all effects, all synergies with this ring, are intentional. I wanted the whole set to benefit as a whole. It would be a shame if this concept didn’t benefit those who inflict curse (especially the skull in this specific UT set). And to add onto your point on the

Not only are you buffing your wis by killing enemies that are cursed, but cursing enemies give you extra vit which elongates how long your wis boosts lasts. That’s why I added the vit mod, so the more vit you have, the longer your Bloodshed lasts. Very proud of this detail I added ;3

And, I do agree, this ring could be either very good in some dungeons, and complete shit in others. More specifically against one room boss dungeons (puppet masters encore), but the idea is that as long as you are either killing something, or assisting in killing something, you are rewarded for your effort (which I imagine will add another level of fun to wis-mod gameplay).

Anyways, I think I can totally agree with you that the +12 HP can safely just be an overall +12 Max HP buff (rather than any extra healed hp turns into Max Health). Great observation! Thank you.

bruh

With omni you lose 1 def, 1 wis, and 20 hp when compared to bloodshed. With your logic, you could say that any ring in the game is just a “worse omni.”

Again, I think it fills its role well, and it’s much easier to get than omni so there’s no reason to buff it to be just as good as omni.

Although you may be losing 1 def, 1 wis, and 20 hp, you’re gaing +80 MP, +8 DPS (4 dex 4 att), +4 spd, and
+4 vit. And even with my logic, I dont think you could say that every ring in the game is a worse omni. Maybe bracer, maybe divine coronation, maybe loadstone, but not specialty rings like monocle, or crown, or gemstone. That’s why I think bloodshed should be it’s own specialty ring by pursuing that route, by making it worth it through that wis-mod interest.

yea, +1, +2 wis on it’s own is probably nothing too noticeable. But remember, this is for wis-mod classes, and not only that, but these wis boosts can stack up to +12 wis.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.