Should dealing damage in a chest event make your RNG go up?

I feel when people in a Lod or hiding behind the wall waiting for the boss to be killed, I should have a better chance at getting better loot than them. Is it just me? Post your thoughts about this idea below.

simply scaling loot chance with excess damage would basically make warrior the only viable class, with wizard exceptions for areas where range is a major issue.

the loot system could be improved to give actual incentive to contribute beyond “hey I got sb time to leech”, but probably isn’t the best approach.

What im saying is that there should be a certain amount of damage you have to do to get better stuff. This system would also make soloing dungeons a lot more viable.

again, that places heavy emphasis on the classes with enough power to reliably reach those higher thresholds while punishing those using weaker classes with less loot. as for the viability of soloing dungeons, this is an mmo. most people only solo for the pride or for easy gland farming dungeons where it’s not that important.

They could make it so that the chance of you getting loot is the same, but the you have a higher chance of getting higher tiered loot.

Ok, I agree with you but I don’t like the idea of having people leech and I get 0 and they get a white per say

I agree

and that’s totally reasonable, I’m just saying there are other ways of going about fixing it.

both of these ideas I can remember off the top of my head aren’t especially applicable to lod, but there’s been suggestions of making tiles seen contribute to sb damage somehow, so people who clear (and as a result see more of the map) are rewarded for their contributions. another suggestion that was similar was to make regular enemies contribute to sb somehow, again, rewarding those who clear. both of the approaches have their own flaws (like how they don’t fix lod), but I’m throwing them out there to help anyone who might be trying to think of an alternative strategy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.