Should I make a ninja?

Should I make a ninja? I don’t have a Doku, but I already have a 8/8 wiz, almost 6/8 knight and 6/8 archer to do every dungeon in the game. I have a sorcerer but I don’t really find him filling any niche so I may suicide him so I can make a ninja.

Buff Mystic

I would suggest getting a doku first because as a ninja most of your grind will be to get a doku

Thing is, Ninja doesn’t really do that either.

If “super fast Leather Armor class” counts as a niche, then Rogue or Trickster are probably better than Ninja at it.

Ninja is really a class for people who either want a challenge or just don’t care about pure efficiency.

Without Doku, Ninja is completely useless.

With Doku, Ninja is amazing for snake pits.

Even with every possible UT for the Ninja, it’s still really bad.

Imagine if a Warrior, Trickster and Archer had a weird incest baby. That’s the Ninja.

Class Voting (Round Three)

Yes. If you like magic tricks and pulling rabbits out of your hat and stuff, go ahead and make a trickstr. If you like spooky stuff, on the other hand, then make a rogue. Either way, have fun with your ninja.

Since you already have some stable characters, it can’t hurt to play around with the ninja.

In all honesty, it’s better to mess up and die on him now, before you actually get a doku and are completely unprepared to the squishiness of the class.

Also a ninja is a super fun class, designed for running across the realm and doing nothing…maybe eventing.

wow, so negative comments about the ninja here…

I thought that at least 20-30% of realm liked ninja.

20-30% of the forums isn’t the same as 20-30% of realm. Not by a long shot.

Even if you like a class, you should be objective about its value. I like Ninja, but I’m not going to go tell every blue star that comes here: “Yeah dude, you should totally invest all your savings into a Ninja, most OP class in the game!”.

thats true, but you don’t have to invest all of your svings, and this guy isnt bad, he has a 8/8 with some 6/8s, a good time for him to learn all of the classes.

I’m not saying he’s bad, I’m saying he hasn’t experienced enough.

Ninja is basically a challenge class for people with nothing else left to do. I think a newer player should try other classes first before going for that one.

hmm, looking at his profile, i see what you mean, all he really plays is the knight, arhcer and wiz.

I’m experienced enough with the game to rush every dungeon (given I’m playing as a melee) with four years of experience, I just don’t really like how some of the other classes work which is why I stick to the staples of Knight/Archer/Wiz. Knight is my most played and favorite class (I just love Knight characters in general), and I do everything on him generally. Archer/Wiz are for dirty WC’s, etc and some dungeons when guild doesn’t need a knight, like in Shatters.

I’m figuring that I should make either a warrior, rogue or trickster to replace my sorc because he’s barely seeing any use.

I didn’t say you were inexperienced with the game in general, what I meant to say was that you haven’t really experienced all the classes.

Fair warning: rushing on Knight is drastically different compared to rushing on any other class.

They all fit the “very fast, very risky, very rewarding” category, that’s for sure.

I’d advise trying Trickster, since it’s one of the most unique classes and will definitely make for a refreshing change compared to Knight or Wizard.

Make a rogue first. You need a char that can rush with ease (ofc knight can rush too but rogue is astronomically more safe if you’re playing smart)

Fair enough. Apologies for assuming things you didn’t say, moderately tired here.

Of all the leather classes (besides Archer) I’ve only played a bit of rogue. I planned to make a Trickster to have some variety (and for rushing purposes) and perhaps to get a initial handle for her play style (primarily in rushing/dodging more compared to Knight) I should make a warrior?

You don’t have to get a doku to be successful as a ninja. Doku us just an upgrade from the T12 katana. But consider this, Ninja is considered the worst class in the game UNMAXED. It’s got low def and short range. The katana pireces which is nice but maxing at least 4/8 will make it very powerful. If you can dodge well and can play well on melees then go for it. Ninja can deal some great DPS on atk and dex are maxed

Please, tell me what a “successful Ninja” is.

Stop nitpicking my posts :disappointed:

A ninja that is basically a good investment, you profit from the loot you gain than from the gear and potions you put in the character.

I’m not, i just like don’t understand why that would matter.

I mean, any character wearing anything can get you anything, technically. Does that make it “succesful”?

Anything a Ninja can do without Doku, a Warrior can do much better without any UTs.

So, if someone was asking “Should i make a Ninja?”, is the possiblity of that class being “succesful” important?

I mean, if someone’s asking if they should make a certain class, the first thing you should consider is if a different class can do what they want to do much better.

A Ninja with Doku compared to a Warrior, debatable.

But a Ninja without Doku? Do you know the difference in range and DPS? Other than the wavy-ness of Doku, it’s a direct upgrade.

Playing Ninja without a Doku is like playing Basketball with a Baseball. Sure, it works, but i mean… pls don’t.

The Ninja is a class that has it’s advantages and disadvantages. I’ve played Ninja before and I admit It’s hard to play sometimes but it a nice challenge. I personally have never gotten a Doku before even after running 30 Cdepths in a row once. Not everyone has a doku, but the Ninja is a fun class to use and go ahead is you’re interested. The best way to learn in Rotmg is to do it yourself over and over again