Should I only use ST spell on Wizzy?

I use ST for bosses mainly, and staff has so much DPS I doubt that I need a regular T6 spell swap out, what do you think?

Bonus!: Is Esben any good or should I feed. It’s hard for me to hit anything with (or am I just bad).

Question 1: No, keep tiered spell as a swapout for lower def enemies

Question 2: yes, you’re bad

https://www.realmeye.com/forum/t/t6-spell-or-ancient-spell-pierce/7720

Maybe this can help

T6 is kind of unnecessary. Unless you’re looking to maximize your DPS, which isn’t necessary at all if you’re playing on a wizard, there’s no need to carry it as a swap-out, even for lower def enemies. The ST spell works fine on them.

Regarding Esben, I’ve yet to be able to put it to good use. The majority of people will say that it’s good for shatters, but even in this case, I find a tiered staff better. Esben just does too little DPS to be viable for a shatters. Nobody is going to sit around and wait for you to slowly kill a mob of high-def, high-hp enemies meticulously situated against a wall. If you can drag one enemy at a time, you’ll get faster results than you would with Esben.

@Slushyy lol tks

@Demaratus Nice advice, I totes agree. Thanks guys

Just from the title, I’d say that spells can only be used on Wizards. /s

To answer the question, I’d say that having just the ST is fine for most things you’re fighting so there’s not really a reason to also have another spell.

The st spell is pretty overrated imo, it takes 39 def for it to be better than an eldet, which only a few bosses and a some mobs in endgame dungeons have. On said bosses there are usually a lot of people and a wizard should get sb anyways, so the damage of your spell a matters very little. So unless you plan to do a very huge amount of endgame dungeons in small groups, eldet is better.
Thus the st spell is much more expensive than an eldet

If only carry one spell then its: Recurrent Terror>Eldet>Pierce

I was gonna also say the para UT spell. I have only used it for a bit (RIP wiz) but loved it. I am not sure of the damage calculations (too lazy, not incapable), but its great when you don’t have the skills (augmented or otherwise) to perfectly spellbomb all the time.

no, you should use it on ninja

Haven’t even thought of the RT Spell. You rank it above Eledet and ST? Why? Considering Eledet does more damage than the RT, also the range is very limited on the RT.

With RT the relative amount of shots you’ll get in is higher, because

• your shots are less likely to lag through
  • they pass through obstacles
  • with the parametric pattern missing shots can hit near enemies or the original target (if it moves)

thus you can use it like a bulwark and it has some nice stat bonuses

Esben is trash

Esben Staff can be somewhat useful (but only if you have the space for it), for its SPD bonus when merely running somewhere, and the pierce for specific situations like you are doing Snake Pit daily quests, or in OCastle as you can tear through those walls at max velocity.

But I don’t carry it on wizard because he just has more useful swapout items. I far prefer how it meshes with mystic’s abilities both T6 and ST.

lol if youre broke just go with t5 spell and st spell.

t5 and t6 spell do pretty much the same damage

Most people who have one seem to use it all the time.

Don’t use ST spell.

Especially after DECA transferred the +3 ATT and +2 DEF from the spell to the forgotten ring.

Just use eledet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.