Should mark System change? (changed the title for correctness)

Perhaps stackable or a separate storage for them.

Some requirements that have to be met would be

1. allow players to control how many medals they turn in
  2. medals should not take up inventory space (or they should take reduced space - perhaps partial implementation, let epic quest ones stack/have a separate space for them?)
  3. medals should be turned in by players themselves

They’re called marks, and if they’d be stackable, then Deca would prob make it to a limited amount cuz it may lower their income from vault chests.

If marks were to stack there would be a higher encouragement to hoarding them and having the items ready before ur questions even start.

With the current system it is trying to make you not get stuck in that Rut of running the same dungeons all the time it helps encourage running those dungeons that u may avoid usually due to whatever reason. It encourages variety daily. I don’t think people should have quest items ready to go before they even start.

That being said I do think the current system is murder toward f2p players and makes it an immense struggle for them. I would love to see mark only “vaults” or being able to give the marks in to the quest one by one.

This will really help. Not fun carrying so many marks in vaults/inv while farming for more.

But even with this I guess most people will still hoard a healthy amount of epic quest marks.

Of course they will (and of course Deckr wants them to); kids want to hold on to their precious marks, so they go ask mom for more monies. This “hoarding not intended, is a daily blabla” argument is the stupidest shit I’ve ever read. Everyone knows that’s not the reason, just a fluffy sounding excuse. For fucks sake.

Just riddle me this: why are there stupid marks in the first place, if they could just count completed dungeons? Everything would be fully automatic (i.e. convienient as fuck), and “mark”-counters would reset after each day, so hoarding wouldn’t even be possible in the first place. FUCKING WHY, EH??

8|

The only annoying part with this is having players run back and forth from nexus/dq to realm then start crying about realm being full lmao but hoarders will still not want this since most people probably want ready waiting marks for the next day’s quest which probably was the reason why the tinkerer was changed and people are still bringing that mindset back. I see the new tinkerer quests to be annoying that you prob don’t wanna do the dungeons in the quest list but by doing so you get a chance to get loot (mostly just the whitebag item chance) and help out other players do dungeons in the process.

How about marks will not be physical items, but rather a currency, similar to fame or gold? You would be able to acces how many of each mark you have by looking in a seperate chest that shows each possible type of mark with a number in the corner of each mark slot, representing the amount of marks you have for each type. To prevent people stacking marks infinitely, there should be a cap of 8 of the same mark. This way people can’t stack marks infinitely, nor will it take up all of their vault space. I feel this is the fairest option for everyone.

Yeah I agree the mark should be stackable so its not going to take lots of inv space.

Imo mark is similar to moss, in the end it turns into prize for player yet even worst because it change daily and no one can know what will they need to claim the reward, so even if someone hoard it they need to hoard a ton and collect all kind to ensure the next day they could just redeem the price then after redeem they need to hoard the same mark again because the quest might ask the same mark again. This should kill the hoard theory where ppl could just over kill in one day and until the end of month they could just sit and relax.

No, you aren’t supposed to stockpile them

So far (if im incorrect please corrct me) the highest of any medal you need is 8 for a daily so i sorta feel that stacks of 8 should be acceptable. However then i guess you could put 64 in a chest instead of just 8

Simple solution, all the epic dungeons you run while you don’t have that quest, keep those, don’t keep labs and udls because they usually aren’t worth it.

how about they make a bag that can hold up to 5?

Since the marks give a chance of valuable loot then it should be the way it is and sacrificing space. It was also mentioned on the Rotmg Reddit forum that the marks would waste space if you wanted to collect them.

this is a DISCUSSION I did not say they should be infinite to me its Just an annoying mechanic

But that’s the whole point, silly.

ohhhhhhhhhh

that makes sense

Probably exploits. Go to realmeye and you’ll see some people had a ridiculous number of dungeon completions for the amount of fame their characters died at. I believe it was done by spamming the exit portal packet.

Whats that

Haxxinf language

I think it’s okay. Considering your chance of vault chests in many boxes and a free char slot, vault, and three backpacks, I think deca planned out the marks the way it was because they gave u a lot of space prior