Should players who admit to hacking be banned from forums?

I’ve been thinking about the various arguments for and against this proposal, but would like to see a discussion take place to personally check if I have missed any important contentions. My replies in this thread, if any, may not reflect my actual or current opinions.

Assume that an admittance requires screenshot or video evidence posted accidentally or purposefully, by the user him/herself.

Assume that the evidence has to be posted on Realmeye forums.

Just a whole lotta polls

Yup

Banning people isn’t supposed to be some sort of moral statement. A ban should not be motivated by something that happened off-site.

If they follow the rules of the forum, I don’t see why they should be banned.

Why?

forum bans are based off of forum presence and i don’t think anything that happens in-game should warrant a ban.

of course, if they’re actively condoning breaking of the ToS then that’d be a whole other matter.

I don’t think we should ban hackers here, but try to support them and teach them how to play for real so they stop hacking

maybe make a stop hacking rotmg class?

I think that bans in the game and on the forums should remain separate. If someone misbehaves or cheats in-game they get banned in-game, if they misbehave on the forum they get banned on the forum.

Simple and clean.

koff
ImTeBest
koff

No accusing people

not an accusation, was confirmed by imtebest himself
but that’s off topic and a bit of drama i avoided so no more of that

also im inclined to believe he’s clean now but w/e

explain this

Explain it.

Wait what? What is there to explain? I’m 99% sure that @ImTeBest stopped

hey man obviously he’s a pro and the only reason we know is because he told us through a comment and he didn’t actually hack yknow

but the plot thickens

Did you ever hear the tragedy of ImTeBest the Best? I thought not. It’s not a story DECA would tell you. It’s a RotMG legend. ImTeBest was a pro player of RotMG, so pro and so good at hustling he could use the RNG to influence the droprates to create white bags… He had such a knowledge of the pro playstyle that he could keep his guildmates alive and unbanned without the need to hack. The pro playstyle of RotMG is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so pro… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his pro skill, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his guildmate everything he knew, then his guildmate falsely exposed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from a false ban, but not himself.

I didn’t really understand this story, but I guess I can be cool :dark_sunglasses:

On site not off site.

so @RMGnoob

No, as long as they are capable of adding to the conversations here. While we’ve seen a pretty strong correlation with being banned in-game and being banned here, bans sbould be separate and handed out based on behavior in the forums alone.

ultra detailed highly classified difficult to follow ungodly skill based instructions

500IQ

Not really sure what you’re trying to point out in that SS, all I can come up with is not seeing -1s from the cubes.

The normal picture shows something like -1[725]