Should players who admit to hacking be banned from forums?

that was an edited version of the original screenshot
i’m too lazy to find the original thread

Yeah you can tell it’s a bit off by looking across the center of the image, are you trying to frame ImTeBest?

Edit: it would actually be @PELPOL who would try to frame him, sorry Epic

wdym im framing him?

Whether a screenshot is legit or has been well edited is not a relevant distinction to the topic though. Edited screenshots would be bannable as well according to the resolution.

I don’t think so because although hackers are usually not my favorite kind of people, they can still have some helpful insight on other topics. IDK.

Allowing players to post screenshots of hacked clients without consequence would leave newer players with a bad impression about the forums. Posting screenshots of their own client falls into that category.

And when I say without consequence, I acknowledge that the player would have a bad reputation within the community. What I mean is that the player can continue to post screenshots with nothing stopping them, and that can leave a bad impression about the forums.

does that mean no more ebic mimis of posting fake hacks :frowning:

Screenshot_20180311-212425

I know It is photoshopped

@Nameness that was in the original picture too :thinking:

Memes that are fake or a joke are fine imo, but if its someone blatantly posting pics of themselves hacking without receiving a consequence, then that just makes the forums look bad.

Generally the consequence is community backlash and the thread going to shit, like what happened in ImTeBest’s thread about arkie being back that he started off with that screenshot.

Note: That thread may or may not have been a self-aware cry for attention, whether that was the case I don’t know for sure.

For example, as you mentioned ImTeBest, there is nothing actually stopping him from posting pictures of himself hacking right now (not saying that he does still hack)

Well if someone follows the rules then no. Cheating in game is in no way connected to a forum site run by a third party.

No, because if you’ve learned to stop cheating, then all is well. That being said, if you cheat and then talk about how good of a cheater you are, you should be banned.

If we modify forum rules then the problem about the hack pictures won’t be a problem.

I really don’t know mate, although I do recognize that forums and rotmg as a game are separate I really don’t believe that pictures regarding hackers should be allowed on the forums except for as a measure of incrimination or accusation, with a clear context and purpose.

So what you’re saying is, instantly banning anyone who admits to hacking without giving them any opportunity to discuss it first would make us look good?

Indeed!

Imo it should not be instant, no.

Warnings then ban, as Zquidx said that fake hacked pics count.

Why did you edit that quote in your response?

Your quote:

The original post:

So why not give them the opportunity to talk about it first? This is a forum, after all.

Then if things don’t go well, ignore them or flag their posts.

Unless I’m mistaken, this forum exists to give the whole RotMG community a place to talk, not to become a hugbox for a small minority.

hugs