Should there be a "PPEs" subcategory on community hub? (Poll)

Well I think its weird that PPE threads float in #community-hub instead of having their own sub category

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Instead of a subcategory

why not make a megathread?

Eh, I think that would probably get cluttered fast.
Then again, it could also be a variation of the white bag/death/achievement thread - purrhaps a fusion of the three, to some extent? ^u^

Bad idea

I’m in favor of a subcategory; it would basically be what we have now, but with slightly more structure.

The megathread idea doesn’t sound good to me, though. The nice thing about individual threads is that they allow the player to make their ppes be what they want them to be, and ultimately give the player more power over what happens (permitting things like the Realmlocke Chronicles from taking shape). A megathread would be a dumping ground rather than a place where players can easily show off progress (since a reader would have to sift through countless posts of other ppes to be able to track someone’s individual progress).

I don’t follow any such threads myself, but, if players are going to post them, and presumably some of you others here do enjoy them, IMO might as well give them a home.

Pros:

• It would allow the forum to neatly box them all together for interested people to browse.
  • Anyone who enjoys them could ‘watch’ the subcategory thus never miss another thread.
  • Likewise it would enable people not interested in them to ‘unwatch’ that whole subcategory.

Cons:

• Might encourage some low-effort topics. But even that could lead a poster to engage more widely on the forums.

I’d strongly favour something more broad/generic than naming it ‘PPEs’ because people have all their other flavours of “here is a photo journal of my Realming/(xPE)” that then would be left kinda stranded in the general #community-hub because their poster could reject the PPE label.

So I’d say a qualified “Yes” so long as the category was named something broad enough to encompass all the things that we know are basically the same as a PPE thread. Then we could have a simple understanding that PPE threads and anything similar all fit in the (name) subcategory.

I’m lacking inspiration right now to actually hard propose any alternate name though; ‘PPEs and…’ something? Or is there an umbrella term that would work? :woman_shrugging:

And related, while we’re thinking about this. Discord subcategory? As it seems a bit funny to class them as #community-hub:player-events when they’re only marginally this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.