Showcase dead characters on realmeye (idea)

I wasn’t sure which thread to label this as, so I selected this one, but this is feedback for realmeye’s main site rather than the forum. Please let me know if there is a better one, I haven’t used realmeye forum before

So here’s the idea:

I just put this image together quickly to get the idea across, but I think it would be cool if it were possible show off some of your favorite dead characters on your realmeye. The argument is basically that your alive characters are not solely an accurate way to show your experience at the game, but this is what others see when they first look you up (and they usually don’t look elsewhere). This way you can show off a little more to the people that happen to look at your character page and don’t go through and scan your graveyard. Great characters, especially ones that were used well will die eventually, and there should be a good way to celebrate those characters.

I don’t know what information would want to be displayed (and possibly more upon hovering), this layout is by no means final or anything just an example. Also, upon posting to r/RotMG, people also suggested being able to put a text description with the character… maybe just a single text line to say “ppe btw lel xd” or something.

Oh by the way i’m new to using this forum, so i’m not gonna do any crazy formatting, but I figured this idea would have some possibility of becoming actuality if posted here vs. just reddit

Not sure if realmeye even gets update anymore :stuck_out_tongue: .

cool idea

would they even realistically see this here?

Who’s they? DECA looks here from time to time, or just get ideas incredibly similar to others that we created. However, whether or not the creater of realmeye looks here is a entirely different question

Improvements for the main RealmEye site, they accept feedback via MrEyeball: https://www.realmeye.com/feedback
You could simply refer them to this topic; it’s a really nice idea btw. :+1:

tyty

I like the idea, it seems insightful and would serve a good purpose as you pointed out.

@MrEyeball It is worth a look.

I kinda like the idea, but i do have a question:

Will you be able to select your favs yourself?

Reason i ask is simple: you can have a fav char (for me it’s archer, most of the times), but also a char that outlasts your fav chars simply because you don’t play them as often as the favs. So if choosing fav chars is time-based, the outlasting char will be chosen even though it’s not really my fav.

Another thing is, if choosing the favs is exp/fame based:
Some chars gain exp/fame more easily than others. Again, a char might be chosen as fav, while it isn’t really your fav

I’m assuming it’s your choice because otherwise, it isn’t really a “favorite” char

I think it would be cool to be able to add alive characters on that become updated when they die. Gotta get my warrior in there!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.