"Sight" new stat pot

In a nutshell, pretend you can see with what you have now for realm. Okay now in some new really hard end-game dungeon you get a potion of sight. This pot would allow you to see farther distances. If you dislike the current “sight” level you can change by how much in setting but you can only go up for as many potions you have drank

I wouldn’t make this a stat, I personally think 8 is enough. But some RotMG private servers, such as Ro🅱️F have a full screen option. I had an idea for an item that gave you this ability a while back, but decided that it didn’t fit into the context of RotMG.
Having this as a stat pot would be a bit broken, and it would seem strange, because as a stat, every class would have a different max.
Consider turning this into an option in the game’s settings, because players such as me have a lot of trouble with lag, and would make the game laggier when maxed.

Given the game is going to get ported to Unity, such ideas could become possible in the future. Also this doesn’t qualify as a range or luck stat as long as I know. Banning completly any idea for a new stat seems a bit harsh for me.

That said, I don’t think a stat increased the view range is a good idea, for the exact reasons given by @Fluffegan above.

This shouldn’t be a stat, just needs to be added as a feature in the game. After playing other games wink wink Im having a hard time doing anything with the tiny area we’re able to see, I personally think we should just be given a fullscreen option that allows us to increase our view to 16 tiles atleast.

Seriously I’m not enjoying coming back for the winter update, everything looks too small and crushed together.

unity maaaate

What if this didn’t increase sight, but made the offcentre more centre? That sounds confusing, but basically, as maxed “sight”, there woudn’t be a difference between off-centre and centre, as they both have the same range. I.e. yout range centred increases until it reaches off-centre range, and when playing offcentre, the range you see behind you increases. (does that make sense? Id probs need diagrams to show it.)

Nah I can imagine this. Would make the game more challenging if players want it and would also give them an advantage in exchange for rear sight.

@Fluffegan

Just reminding you guys how it’s gonna work on unity

There will already be a kind of fullscreen, so no need of any stat to increase this effect, you wouldn’t even be able to see your character

No, you can set whatever max you want for any class, if DECA wants to set the vitality of every class to 50 they can

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.