Signatures?

was really excited for new forums as that means I can start makings sigs again, can’t see if its possible though, any plan for it in the future ?

Old forum signatures
RealmEye Signatures
The Introduction Thread
Any way to add a personal signature after every comment/post?
Would forum sigs be possible

The only response i’ve seen from a mod on sigs was

“eww” - Stupidity

Big shame that mods have a their own opinion as a rule, the forums don’t look that good already, atleast allow us to add flavour.

You should not take that as a rule… I don’t even know if it was serious.

these forums seem godly.

Well we do have icons…

There are already signatures on realmeye, it would be cool if they got imported here.

You can add your flavour by adding a background image for your profile

Signatures would fill too much space. I like the clean layout. Too many pictures would reduce your mobile high speed volume even faster

We held a poll before the forum went public. Zero people wanted sigs. They were fun, but were a complete pain in the ass(yes, that ass) to manage. User icons/avatars plus profile backgrounds can still be fun. And i’m sure time2penis will surprise us again.

The detailed response itself.

Why not allow us to append the realmeye signatures. There’s nothing to moderate and it gives a description and some context about the person who is commenting.

Click on a user’s avatar or name here. That is your signature.

Where can I see the poll? I very much doubt that 0 people voted no, and if they did probably only 2 (plus the mods) voted yes.

Now that the forums are actually in place you should poll it again, since people like me who use reddit all the time but for some reason have never heard of these forums before and therefore never had a say - its quite annoying

It’s in a mod-only area. And it was just among us. We built this forum how we always wanted it to be, and we didn’t want signatures. Of course we’ll listen to how the community feels about it and that could sway us. However, I think once people get used to these forums they’ll come around and won’t miss it.

You’re right. I probably shouldn’t have posted it at all. Not the right place for that discussion so should’ve just left it out entirely.

There are two reasons I find compelling to omit signatures, besides personal preference.

1. They generate a lot of grief. It is actually pretty difficult to create useful rules around signatures which keep them from being too big/profane/otherwise inappropriate, and even more difficult to enforce them.
  2. usability! IMO Skype/Twitter/Text/etc.have shown us that uninterrupted conversation is much better without constant interruptions between the conversants to advertise unrelated content or even personal expressions of identity that are unrelated to the conversation at hand. It’s like having to show someone your tattoo every time you make a statement. Yes, that’s a part of who you are…but does it really need to be a part of every conversation you ever have, ever?

Doc’s note that we (mods) voted unanimously against signatures is just background behind the launch state. We anticipated this conversation coming up, and your feedback matters. But I hope we all decide as a community that we don’t need to break up the modern discourse format with signatures.

Anyone else feel like this Forum is going to be one of the biggest things for realm?

As other mods are saying, allow me to join in…signatures may be a form of artistic self-expression, but in the context of a discussion thread, they are a distraction. Every so often there’s a big block of space on the screen that just has to get skipped over or ignored.

Customize your Profile Background, customize your User Card—knock yourself out!—but let discussion threads actually be about the discussions themselves.

(Still, we will listen to user feedback…but please give the current “no-sig” policy a fair shake.)

Would forum sigs be possible

This is still a tragedy because my flailing anime guy doesn’t fit in that space or the profile background thing.

Bon voyage, fair Keith. :sob:

EDIT** Oh but this forum gets badges, that’s neat I guess.

What exactly is the User Card, anyway? It didn’t seem to do anything.

Click someone’s avatar.

Oh. Neat.

NO, not the guy smashing shit with a cigar! man this is why we need these sigs back!! I recon I will make a petition soon.