Simple Tweaks To Old Rings

Full UT Buff Post Here

Ever since the last balance update it has shown that DECA does take our consideration in what we think about items. Most of the UTs in the game are usable in some aspect or another. Unfortunately that is not the case for most of the low-tier rings as DEF or HP rings are better in every case.
Unless the devs decide to rework the early game and completely change the items following the inevitable power creep, I think these suggestions would work in the game well. Most of these items just need a tweak instead of useless random stats. These ideas I think will add some viability to each rings.

Crystal Bone Ring

Tier UT
On Equip +30 MP, +3 WIS
Reactive Proc: Discount 10% MP on ability use
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 150

Early game UT ring similar to Corsair Ring. Adding some MP to pair with the robe giving a total +75MP together. A little more beginner friendly by allowing some more ability usage. Newer players don’t really benefit from just the original stat bonuses. Essentially a baby twilight gemstone. A slight reduction in ability cost while giving some more WIS ad MP, would be nice for new players to get to be able to use more abilities.

Ring of Divine Faith

Tier UT
On Equip +5 VIT, +5 WIS
Reactive Proc On Ability Use: GainRed Cross\ 16x16 Healing on self for 4 seconds
Cooldown 7 seconds
XP Bonus 3%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 400

Allows survivability to players with weak healing pets.
Pairs well with the UT set theme since Puri doesn’t provide healing and makes this ring somewhat viable alone. Will probably become a go to swap out ring.
Similar reasoning as crystal bone ring.

Coral Ring

Tier UT
On Equip +75 MP, +6 DEF, +5 SPD, +5 WIS
XP Bonus 3%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 450

The ring was lackluster compared to the other drops in Ocean Trench. Simply adding some DEF would give some survivability and make the ring comparable usefulness to Expo in some classes. Also making it a more common drop would be necessary because I feel like I get more white bags than this ring.

Fairy Ring

Tier UT
On Equip +2 ATT, +2 DEF, +2 DEX, +2 SPD, +2 VIT, +2 WIS
XP Bonus 2%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 200

Baby omni. The current ring as it stands is generally useless, while this change would have a pretty good general use. Would take the place of old scammy but with no HP or MP boost and +2 to all stats instead. Also Check my UT buff post for teaks in the woodland robe.

Spider’s Eye Ring

Tier UT
On Equip +4 DEX, +4 VIT
Reactive Proc On Taking Damage: 10% chance to inflict Red Down Arrow Slowed to enemies within 5 tiles for 3 seconds
Cooldown 4 seconds
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 110

Switching WIS for DEX because I think it’s more useable combination at the early game. Giving it 8 stats in total since mose arachnids have 8 legs.
Buffing the effect as well; basically taking the proc from Esben’s Shaman Attire and giving it to the ring. The current ring isn’t practical enough to equip considering the rework came alongside the OP snake eye ring.
Check the UT buff post to see the changes I had in mind for the robe.

Candy Ring

Tier UT
On Equip +50 HP, -50 MP, +10 SPD, +10 VIT, -10 WIS
Feed Power 400

This rings primary role is to just be feed to pets. It’s not even really worth using this over a standard T6 speed ring due to the negative MP and WIS. So to possibly up the utility I think taking half the MP reduction and having it be a HP boost would be really beneficial. This way it still limits the ability use with negative MP & WIS but VIT can synergize well with the slight HP gain.

Captain’s Ring

Tier UT
On Equip +60 HP, +3 ATT, +3 DEX
Reactive Proc On Taking Damage: While under 30% HP turn invisible for 3 seconds
Cooldown 12 seconds
XP Bonus 3%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 400

Baby crystalized mist. The ring isn’t entirely bad just for a UT doesn’t feel special, so the effect fits the ghostly theme pretty well I think. Small HP boost.
Might also save some beginner players from being jumped on and popped in unfamiliar dungeons.

Amulet of Dispersion

Tier UT
On Equip +50 HP, +50 MP
Reactive Proc On Ability Use: Gain a random +5 stat boost for 5 seconds (ATT, DEF, DEX, SPD, VIT, or WIS) and also a 50% chance to gain another additional stat
Cooldown 5 seconds
XP Bonus 3%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 500

The ring really feels underwhelming considering this is a homage to the ammy from the Wild Shadow era. Giving it a reactive proc that gives a temporary stat increases when using your abilities. There shouldn’t be duplicate stats and don’t believe with the game mechanics if that would even stack. CD length the same as proc length to give 100% uptime of stats if used efficiently. I think this would be a fun RNG item to use.

Crystal Key

Tier UT (Limited)
On Equip +100 HP, +4 DEF, +4 DEX
Reactive Proc Keyper’s Trickery: Releases a barrage of 10 keys to hinder opponents
On Taking Damage: 10% chance to create key nova
Key Damage: 100
Key Bullet Speed: 8.5 tiles/second
Key Range: 4.25 tiles
Key Effect: Red Down Arrow Slowed for 2s, Grey Down Arrow Exposed for 4s
Cooldown 5 seconds
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

This ring is a limited UT item available from the keyper event so it’s not something you can reliably get constantly. The proc effect is nice when you can get it off. What is annoying is how mediocre the stats are to justify it’s usability. I think making it similar stats to Pyra would be more than generous and provide much more viability to have it in slot. Somewhere around mid game tier.

UT Buffs 3: The Finale?
UT Abilities for Early/Mid Game

Just realized this is basically just a weaker Ruthven’s Rosary, which is found in the same dungeon and is farmable from a mob. Maybe just have it give +5 DEF instead of the HP buff.

Or leave it at +5 wis and vit and give it a on taking damage proc that cures status effects from you

I would love that but I think with the puri nerf DECA didn’t want groups to have purification. Not to mention would be incredibly OP and easy to farm something like that.
Puri is one of the only tomes that doesn’t grant healing so maybe giving the ring a proc to grant a short healing will work with the UT set thematically and also make the ring viable to use by itself? Thoughts?

I really like your ideas. Slight changes which makes them usable (for new players, ppe etc.) others than just hp rings.

I like everything here but ammy. Feels worse now. Just add the proc to it’s current stat bonuses… Or something kind of nutty like “if you take a large bullet (250+?) When under 50 health, ignore it… 10s cooldown”. Give that cheating death feel. A more proper homage (even if not very practical).

Love it! Breathes life into a lot of these rings.

That proc is practical, and very OP in Osanc.

Under 50? I mean I guess :sweat_smile:. But if you’re getting under that consistently you should probably be nexusing. Best use? Yes. But not practical imo :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: as a quick swap when sick I could definitely see it. Regardless… a bunch of great ideas here.

Updated some things. Small adjustments to the existing ideas, pretty self-explanatory.

Added Fairy Ring (which I initially completely forgot even existed) and Crystal Key.
F-Ring makes sense as a nickname; currently is probably the saddest UT ring in the game and by the time it’s accessible to players almost every other ring is a better option. I think giving it a small stat spread would make it slightly more acceptable and unique (relative to when it’s obtainable). CKey is a disappointing reward from compiling 30 fragments. It’s proc is pretty nice but the mediocre stats don’t compliment its viability of use well. Since it doesn’t have a set effect like most Limited Rings I think making it an parallel alternative to the best mid-game ring (Pyra) would be justifiable, as it is a really balanced item as is.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.