Single player / Sandbox realm

SINGLE PLAYER / SANDBOX

So i’m assuming a majority of you have played private servers weather its for easy maxing, /give, /setstat, etc.
What if there was a way we could incorporate this into the full game? Lets say in the main menu a Single player option appeared here:

Access could be acquired through fame or gold weather its a one time payment, monthly, or weekly, etc.
Buying access to this would allow you to go into a Single player / Sandbox kind of version of the game. You would not be able to access your actual characters from here and instead will be given blank character slots with the number varying on how many slots you own. No item or character made here would transfer over into the actual game that we all play today and would stay separate and exclusive to your Single Player / Sandbox realm.

In this Single Player / Sandbox players would be granted a multitude of commands and options to play with. Commands such as /give {Item Name}, /spawn {Entity}, /setstat {stat} {#}, /Level {#}, /max, /invulnerable, /invisible, etc.This would give the player a sandbox in which they can do anything they want. Weather its test drop rates, have fun with items they previously have never been able to obtain, try various challenges in dungeons, and play without worry of lost progress. Expanding on that last statement players instead of dying will simply be brought back to the nexus.

Now you may be thinking this sounds amazing, why would I ever want to go back to normal realm? That is why this is single player, sure its fun to mess around by yourself but, it lacks the social aspect of being in a guild, getting extremely rare drops and knowing that you earned it so you can brag about it seconds later, running guild dungeons, the death and the fear of death constantly pushing you to improve your gameplay, and laughing at your guild mate who lost his Jugg to a white demon(That one was me, feels bad man).

All of these are experiences that the single player will not be able to give and will have players
switching between the two constantly. Obviously this idea can be massively expanded on and I would love to hear everyones input. Thank you for your time!

EDIT
Unfortunately I didn’t read this before typing this up:
Continuing the discussion from About the Ideas category:
Common ideas to avoid
Player-vs-player
Unsoulbinding Items
Nerf pets, or anything non-constructive about pets
Oryx 3
Classes that use new weapons or armors
Mana Fountains
Abilities that heal mana of those around you
Private/Guild Realms
New stats, especially Range or Luck
Increased Level Cap
Hotkeys for Weapon Switches/Smart Pot-drinking
Chests for Fame
Stop selling weapons/armor for gold
Fame to Gold
Anything Pay to Win
Teleport Blocking/Disallowal
Teleport Invulnerability
Making a Mobile App
Making a Sandbox/Single Player/Offline Mode
Stop accidentally dropped items
Different lootbag drop sounds
Fixes to the Economy/Duping
Lootbags on Minimap
Return of gravelooting
Permanent Dyes
Increase stat potion drop rate
Grand exchange/Master trading system
Reputation System
Retro servers/Server Wipes
Anti spam-bot measures”

Fml.

so, allow testing for everyone…?

Yeah, in a way.

/s

It’s a shame really, but I suppose this idea has been brought up a lot. I know me and my bro would explore every nook and cranny of this game if it exists.

I agree, testing the game too it’s limits with my friends would be loads of fun. It would very likely make for some very interesting conversation topics across the community if this were to happen but, even more likely RotMG mythbusters knock offs all over youtube.

Dude, the things we could test with that are so many! It’s a shame that most of the joy would probably be snuffed after someone has datamined the heck out of it. After all, it is offline…

Thats true, it sucks how one person can ruin something for the masses.

Somewhat off topic but Grave Looting made the game easier. I remember one an old account years back I met a friendly guy who helped me out. Everytime I died he just gave me my items back meaning all I had to do was sit in the fame train or farm in Midlands to get my level back. Sorry if you meant it to be something else I didn’t want to read through a wall of text after I just woke up.

No this is not what he is talking about. He is talking about a single player rotmg which you can play but it doesn’t interfere with the online multiplayer. It is kinda like a PServer but it isn’t bannable.

Please read the thread before posting any ideas about it! :grin:

It was really me seeing about grave looting and bringing back memories and I just didn’t know where to post it.

What. If it isn’t relevant to the topic then don’t comment it.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.