Skull of Obliteration

The Skull of Obliteration, one of the most power-hungry and blood thirsty skulls for the Necromancer, it focuses pure damage with a still pretty good party heal ( YOU DON’T GET HEALED THOUGH )

( Sprite )
image ( Credit to Gabvrielo, sorry if it’s a little blurry )

Skull of Obliteration

( Inspired by Gabvrielo )

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 200 MP
On Equip: 8 defense, 8 vitality

Replacing health for a lot of defense, having no ability to heal yourself, just allies in return for good amount of vitality

Damage: 1500 - 2000
Ignores 20 defense

When hit for 50 damage or more:
Party Heal: ( No heals for you bucko ) 100+ heal per person, no Wis-Mod
( Now with a 5 second cooldown )

Now, this puts an interesting play for the Necromancer, being not as tanky as melees, you’ll have to take a shot if you want everybody alive and fine, boasting insane damage, balanced MP cost in my opinion, makes up for it, if you still want heals, swap to a different skull, the extra vitality is there for a reason.

Feed Power: 900
XP Bonus: 6%

Drop Location: Will come out of my own dungeon ideas, stay tuned

Uh, does the item do anything? I understand what you said about party heal, but is there any formula for that? It kinda needs to have an effect

To be fair, it is in wip. From the explaining, I’d imagine Memento Mori but with healing instead of att boost, just not on self. Then, of course, the stats that are given.

Yeah but if you are gonna make a thread on forums about an item you should at least put some time into thinking about what the item actually does

Idea’s finished, sprite is in progress, you can let me know ideas, it’s not supposed to be good or bad, but a new mechanic for Necromancer, or any class in general, especially healing classes.

To be fair I accidently published it early

So I like the Idea personally, the problem is that it deals between over 2 and 5 times as much as Memento Mori. That would needed to be nerfed, although it could still be higher. The party heal only is a cool idea, but I don’t think that a lot of players would use it for that reason; its the kind of thing that is out of place in the current game state. As I said though, I personally like it a lot.

I just noticed I copied it twice in the idea, once the sprite is finished ( I have no idea at all yet ) then this can be moved to Items

You can also comment down below any ideas for my dungeon

( like I said at the end of the topic )

Hey yo ey I’ll have you know I work VERy hard for that lore to pump out overused crap I will not have you crapping on my crap My crap is good crap, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA!

*rambles on about lore details

Jokes aside I’d wanna share a bit more on what I think about the item. Personally as someone who grown to like and use necromancer, I’d see this as a variation of Memento Mori (Skull deals flat amount of damage, gives damaging, no heal). It doesn’t ignore any defense as well, but the absurdly high damage makes it feel like a better wizard spell in short successive usages given the right amount of MP.

However as it is, this falls into the pit of the MP Cost being the main drawback for doing many things well (a bit too well?). The 100+ heal per person seems a bit too strong in large groups which the Vital Combat update was against as you’d heal more than a priest in those situations and there seems to be no cooldown on the reactive proc which would be highly problematic if the group also had another healer.

DPS wise though it seems a bit lackluster, Compared to other hard hitting skulls, 1 Demon from the Demon Lord’s Skull can deal 3,750 and multiple demons can be summoned (but does not heal) and a Cube from Cubic Frame can deal 3,250 damage and heals for a portion of that. These are both summoning abilities though and require the necromancer to get close. Memento Mori basically ignores armor, always dealing a flat 400 damage AND giving damaging buff to necromancer with a +10 ATK boost on top of Necromancer’s already high ATK.

Overall the above mentioned items feel more consistent considering that the huge damage range of 1000-2000. Granted this is AoE unlike the two of the other skulls, and has range and burst and isn’t affected much by defense. But it doesn’t feel like an equal trade-off overall. Most of the other skulls just seem somewhat superior than this one due to their consistency.

I generally would also suggest that the format be a bit more “collapsed” using hide details function for the versions of edits as it seems a bit difficult to read. I can see what you were going for though but I hope you’ll be able to keep at it!

image image

Some random sprites I decided to make, the first one was based off a dragon and the second a more eldritch like entity. Feel free to use them as you will!

I like the first one, I’ll give you credit.

( Now I don’t have to make my own sprite )

ty

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.