Slav Thread

Just wondering if there are any fellow Slavs on the forums. Czech Slav myself. No western spy’s please or balkans
Feel free to discuss any Slav things and why we are superior to the rest of Europe

I am from America, so I am now a slav

e

only if you reject capitalism and buy Adidas comrade

The irony of that statement is hilarious.

1.d4 d5

2.c4 c6

3.Nf3 Nf6

4.Nc3 Bf5!? (Or Bg4, but I’d rather take advantage of the a7-b1 diagonal because it is open and longer. Also prevents white from developing with a alter Rfb1if sustained, thus preventing a devastating queenside attack)

5.e3. Nbd7

6.Be2 e6

And that’s my favorite line of the Slav defense, and my favorite defense against the queens gambit in general. Black will usually continue to develop his dark square bishop and castle kingside, but may consider calling queen side if white decides to later push for c5 rather than the mainstream cxd5.

Fite me in chess now. (or maybe tomorrow q,q)

I quit chess back in like 5th grade cuz parents wanted me to spend more tijme on math. But I remember a few things (prob a few things wrong)

what’s with the baby doll?

not slavic sorry

Erm.

Was this intentional?

Marshall defense is much better

that more than often just lead to black playing e6 or c6 anyway tho… Nf6 is part of the most common variations of the queens gambit declined and the slav to begin with

Maybe we should make a chess thread instead of cluttering this one

well i mean the pokemon thread died too quick so ur makin this one lel

Chess Thread

Well I personally just like it more because it brings a minor piece into the game earlier, while also defending the pawn. Plus, it frees up space to castle, especially because I will soon be castling after I more than likely will push another pawn forward somewhere, depending on what white plays.
(yes i know the Marshall defense is considered “not good” anymore, but when played well, it works.)

I’ve seen marshall before, what do you go for though?

Basically just pushing the pawns forward after countering whatever my opponent plays, freeing up space to castle and move minor pieces out

Queenside pawns?

Yeah

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.